Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder foundation Powder

Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder foundation Powder
Duo Mat Powder foundation PowderDuo Mat Powder foundation Powder

3.8

Talc, Dimethicone, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aqua (Water), Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Phenoxyethanol, Cassia Angustifolia Extract (Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide), Parfum (Fragrance), Gellan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Ethylparaben. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Color: 209 Warm Beige

I bought this powder last week and I've only used it with Becca Ultimate Complexion Creme (after concealer, contour, etc.) aside from when I tried it on the store without makeup. I asked for something similar to MAC's Studio Fix power which was my favourite before finding this. I found a perfect match for my skintone and it's very light and feels like nothing on it's own. The package is great and stackable. Cost about C$15 more than the MAC but I feel that it last longer and is more matting.

Pros:
Long wear
Lightweight
Can be used alone or over full face makeup
Stackable package

Cons:
High price

on 6/2/2016 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is discontinued, i found it on sale at my local sephora a while ago.
It has good coverage, looks natural when applied with a large powder brush but does not keep me matte at all! I still get very shiny with this powder.

To Read all 307 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/6/2016 4:29:00 PM

Gives me small bumps on my face whenever i use it....returned...!!

on 3/27/2016 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Coverage is good, applies matte. But does not control my oily skin. After 2 hr I'm an oily mess. Even with Hourglass mineral veil and mufe mattifying primers used together. Would probably use this as a finishing powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

With my schedule getting more and more hectic, the task of putting on liquid foundation was something I really didn't want to do especially one days where my skin looked pretty good. My skin is pretty oily so this ended up being the one recommended to me. I have mine in 200 and it is a perfect match for my skin which surprised me. Also if I did want to put my Ultra HD Liquid Foundation on then I could set it with this powder easily.

When applying I use either a dense kabuki brush or a fluffy one depending on the coverage needed. One thing that sold me on this powder is the fact that no matter how much I layer on, it still looks very natural. Sometimes I have to go in and add an extra layer or two to a red area and never once have I looked cakey. And it wears very nicely during the day.I'm not the kind to reapply during the day unless I'm home and I find that while some oil does start to show about midday, instead of looking like an oil slick, I have a nice dewy look.

I've always been impressed with MUFE and I am so happy I tried this powder out. Once I hit pan I'm going to have to run straight to Sephora and get more! I think it is worth the shot especially if you are super busy and just need something to make you look like you took a good chunk of time to do your makeup.

on 1/6/2016 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

It took a couple weeks, but my skin broke out terribly from using Duo Mat. Now I have these huge, inflamed cystic lumps all over my cheeks and forehead and they won't go away even though I've stopped using the powder. I'm upset that I ever switched from Bare Minerals Matte. BM gets a bad rap for being basic, but at least it's never given me acne.

on 12/2/2015 12:32:00 AM

I have pretty oily, acne-prone skin. Contrary to popular opinion, I found that the powder was a little disappointing. Oil coverage is only slightly above average, being that my face stays matte for about four hours before a touchup is required.

I even used MUFE's primer in conjunction, resulting in little effect save an extra two hours of mattifying power.

Though I have so much product leftover even after a year's worth of use, I'm not entirely sure if the expensive price tag is worth the purchase. At this point, I would rather invest the money I paid for the powder towards a better skincare routine.

on 11/14/2015 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

First things first...this powder is not the best when it comes to oil control. I kind of bought it for that reason because the YT reviews paint it as a good oil control powder. However, my nose still gets really oily and I have to blot after only 2 or 3 hours.

BUT, this foundation has other good qualities that make me still give it 4 stars.

I don't use this powder alone. I use it in conjunction with MUFE Face and Body. The F&B is super dewy so I bought this powder to combat the dewiness and also to give me a bit more coverage. It is very natural looking. It doesn't go on cakey at all and I love that because I hate looking like I have makeup on. It's super lightweight and you can't feel it. It covers pores and gives your skin a naturally smooth finish. Even though my nose gets oily, my forehand, inner cheeks, and chin stay matte throughout the day and only get a little dewy.

I also like that this powder stays put on your face. After I blot, my face looks just as nice and freshly applied as it did when I first applied it hours ago.

EDIT:// I have changed the rating from 4 to 3 stars. I've started using the Lancôme Dual Finish powder and although it doesn't keep me as matte as long as this powder, it holds up much better. By the end of the day the Duo Mat has sunken into my pores and looks like it has lost it's coverage. Also, the 214 was too orange for me and the Lancôme has a better color match.

on 9/24/2015 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

So... after doing so much research on Amazon, Sephora, and Ulta to find the best foundation for my super oily face, and trying a few liquid foundations, I ultimately bought this since I wouldn't have to worry about streaks from makeup brushes, or spending extra money on a makeup brush for a liquid foundation.

I have a great match for my skin; you can still obviously tell I have makeup on because I have a naturally more tan forehead and this hides the 'discoloration', as it's called by the cosmetics industry. PC/Feminist rant: Um... ok. 'Discoloration'. There's nothing wrong w/ my skin. It's not an anomaly.

The coverage is good, oil control isn't amazing, but the thing that bugs me the most is that the powder rubs off so easily! It's in the nature of the powder foundation, but if you have allergies like me, and are constantly blowing your nose, then this isn't for you.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you have oily skin this will not last on your face for more than 4 hours. It started to flake off and settle in to my pores. For a 35 dollar price tag, I expect my powder foundation to not do this. Even cheap cover girl's powder foundation lasts on skin longer than this. Will be returning.