Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder foundation Powder

Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder foundation Powder
Duo Mat Powder foundation PowderDuo Mat Powder foundation Powder

3.8

Talc, Dimethicone, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aqua (Water), Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Phenoxyethanol, Cassia Angustifolia Extract (Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide), Parfum (Fragrance), Gellan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Ethylparaben. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

The reason I'm giving this powder foundation 3 lippies is because I wasn't able to find a shade that matches my skin tone, which would probably be somewhere between 203 and 205 if they had one, but there was such a big difference between the two (203 was too light and 205 too dark) I just decided not to go with this powder. Other than the color issue, I found that this was able to keep the shine at bay; didn't keep me matte all day but reduced the shine/oil significantly than without it on. Liked the coverage, was able to conceal some scars and is definitely buildable, but I felt like this could easily look caked on. It also seemed to fall into my pores and make my pores look larger. Unfortunately this didn't work for me :(

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Best powder ever! Stays on all day and never looks cake-y. Can always touch up without looking too heavy. Color is so natural too.

on 6/2/2016 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is discontinued, i found it on sale at my local sephora a while ago.
It has good coverage, looks natural when applied with a large powder brush but does not keep me matte at all! I still get very shiny with this powder.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Color: 209 Warm Beige

I bought this powder last week and I've only used it with Becca Ultimate Complexion Creme (after concealer, contour, etc.) aside from when I tried it on the store without makeup. I asked for something similar to MAC's Studio Fix power which was my favourite before finding this. I found a perfect match for my skintone and it's very light and feels like nothing on it's own. The package is great and stackable. Cost about C$15 more than the MAC but I feel that it last longer and is more matting.

Pros:
Long wear
Lightweight
Can be used alone or over full face makeup
Stackable package

Cons:
High price

on 3/17/2017 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When I wear a full face of makeup this is a gorgeous powder but on its own its nothing special. Even though this applies matte initially, i find my skin is oily after a couple hours & that's why I can't give this 5 lippies BUT I can't deny the powders consistency - very finely milled and the colour is perfect. The coverage is pretty good as well and I never experienced any break outs or clogged pores from it. My fave way to apply it is with a dense kabuki brush. It's pretty expensive but it lasted me a long time. I wear it every day (a light dusting) and I haven't had to replace it yet after almost a year, so I guess the price is okay.

I'm debating about repurchasing. As much as I like it, even with its faults, I'm positive there is another matte powder out there that will take better care of controlling the oil on my skin. I just havent found it yet.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I recently bought this product and I was super excited to try it. My skin is extremely oily and acne prone and sensitive and whenever trying a new product I am always hesitant because it could react very badly. So far, my skin hasn't reacted badly in terms of break outs. However, this has no done anything wonderful for my oiliness. I find that my skin is still very shiny about 3-4 hours into wearing the foundation. With that being said, I love the packaging and color match of this product. I got color 202 and it matches perfect on my skin. I also love the packaging because it is compact and easy to take on the go. The product goes on very nicely and can be layered and not cake up on your face. Its also very light on your skin and doesn't leave a very heavy feel. It also can be built up to give some coverage but overall its about a medium coverage. I gave the rating a 3/5 because of the oil that comes through. If anyone has any recommendation as to how this is applied or how the oiliness goes down, that would be very helpful!! Thinking about returning but want to try for at least a week before giving it back.

on 4/6/2016 4:29:00 PM

Gives me small bumps on my face whenever i use it....returned...!!

on 1/6/2016 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

It took a couple weeks, but my skin broke out terribly from using Duo Mat. Now I have these huge, inflamed cystic lumps all over my cheeks and forehead and they won't go away even though I've stopped using the powder. I'm upset that I ever switched from Bare Minerals Matte. BM gets a bad rap for being basic, but at least it's never given me acne.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

With my schedule getting more and more hectic, the task of putting on liquid foundation was something I really didn't want to do especially one days where my skin looked pretty good. My skin is pretty oily so this ended up being the one recommended to me. I have mine in 200 and it is a perfect match for my skin which surprised me. Also if I did want to put my Ultra HD Liquid Foundation on then I could set it with this powder easily.

When applying I use either a dense kabuki brush or a fluffy one depending on the coverage needed. One thing that sold me on this powder is the fact that no matter how much I layer on, it still looks very natural. Sometimes I have to go in and add an extra layer or two to a red area and never once have I looked cakey. And it wears very nicely during the day.I'm not the kind to reapply during the day unless I'm home and I find that while some oil does start to show about midday, instead of looking like an oil slick, I have a nice dewy look.

I've always been impressed with MUFE and I am so happy I tried this powder out. Once I hit pan I'm going to have to run straight to Sephora and get more! I think it is worth the shot especially if you are super busy and just need something to make you look like you took a good chunk of time to do your makeup.

on 3/27/2016 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Coverage is good, applies matte. But does not control my oily skin. After 2 hr I'm an oily mess. Even with Hourglass mineral veil and mufe mattifying primers used together. Would probably use this as a finishing powder.