3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

For a powder foundation, it provides high coverage, mattifies well and lasts ages. I like the packaging as it's magnetic and contains a mirror and a puff which I don't used because it's best applied with a powder brush. It's usually on sale, I bought it half the price and I'm happy with the purchase.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2.0

2 years ago

Pros: Offers high coverage for a powder foundation. Of course, as a powder this still doesn't mean it gives high coverage in the way that a liquid foundation would, but for a powder, it's probably one of the highest coverages you're going to get. Cons: Does not look flattering. It looks very powdery and cakey, even when applied light-handedly. It's like I can literally see the powder on my skin. Not natural at all. Doesn't really do anything in terms of blurring or smoothing out the skin. If anything it makes my textured skin more obvious. It mattes my skin, but doesn't hold oil at bay for long. Maybe 2 hours at best. Overall: Not worth the high price. I have had drugstore powder foundations that have looked more natural.

About reviewer (71 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Other

EyesBlack

3 years ago

The reason I'm giving this powder foundation 3 lippies is because I wasn't able to find a shade that matches my skin tone, which would probably be somewhere between 203 and 205 if they had one, but there was such a big difference between the two (203 was too light and 205 too dark) I just decided not to go with this powder. Other than the color issue, I found that this was able to keep the shine at bay; didn't keep me matte all day but reduced the shine/oil significantly than without it on. Liked the coverage, was able to conceal some scars and is definitely buildable, but I felt like this could easily look caked on. It also seemed to fall into my pores and make my pores look larger. Unfortunately this didn't work for me :(

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

Best powder ever! Stays on all day and never looks cake-y. Can always touch up without looking too heavy. Color is so natural too.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesGreen

3 years ago

When I wear a full face of makeup this is a gorgeous powder but on its own its nothing special. Even though this applies matte initially, i find my skin is oily after a couple hours & that's why I can't give this 5 lippies BUT I can't deny the powders consistency - very finely milled and the colour is perfect. The coverage is pretty good as well and I never experienced any break outs or clogged pores from it. My fave way to apply it is with a dense kabuki brush. It's pretty expensive but it lasted me a long time. I wear it every day (a light dusting) and I haven't had to replace it yet after almost a year, so I guess the price is okay. I'm debating about repurchasing. As much as I like it, even with its faults, I'm positive there is another matte powder out there that will take better care of controlling the oil on my skin. I just havent found it yet.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

3 years ago

I recently bought this product and I was super excited to try it. My skin is extremely oily and acne prone and sensitive and whenever trying a new product I am always hesitant because it could react very badly. So far, my skin hasn't reacted badly in terms of break outs. However, this has no done anything wonderful for my oiliness. I find that my skin is still very shiny about 3-4 hours into wearing the foundation. With that being said, I love the packaging and color match of this product. I got color 202 and it matches perfect on my skin. I also love the packaging because it is compact and easy to take on the go. The product goes on very nicely and can be layered and not cake up on your face. Its also very light on your skin and doesn't leave a very heavy feel. It also can be built up to give some coverage but overall its about a medium coverage. I gave the rating a 3/5 because of the oil that comes through. If anyone has any recommendation as to how this is applied or how the oiliness goes down, that would be very helpful!! Thinking about returning but want to try for at least a week before giving it back.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

4 years ago

Color: 209 Warm Beige I bought this powder last week and I've only used it with Becca Ultimate Complexion Creme (after concealer, contour, etc.) aside from when I tried it on the store without makeup. I asked for something similar to MAC's Studio Fix power which was my favourite before finding this. I found a perfect match for my skintone and it's very light and feels like nothing on it's own. The package is great and stackable. Cost about C$15 more than the MAC but I feel that it last longer and is more matting. Pros: Long wear Lightweight Can be used alone or over full face makeup Stackable package Cons: High price

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

HairBlack

4 years ago

This is discontinued, i found it on sale at my local sephora a while ago. It has good coverage, looks natural when applied with a large powder brush but does not keep me matte at all! I still get very shiny with this powder.

About reviewer (119 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

2.0

4 years ago

Gives me small bumps on my face whenever i use it....returned...!!

About reviewer (382 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

from

4 years ago

Coverage is good, applies matte. But does not control my oily skin. After 2 hr I'm an oily mess. Even with Hourglass mineral veil and mufe mattifying primers used together. Would probably use this as a finishing powder.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium Brown