Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.8

on 1/14/2009 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I am a bit late writing a review for this one but better late than never. This is a great powder and not similar to anything I have tried in the past. The phrase liquid powder was what really caught my attention when I approached the counter to check out this product. Not at all a liquid but a powder which is cool when applied to the skin.

I purchased this in Deep Translucent and it has been working very well for my skin tone. I use this on top of my Px liquid foundation but also La Mer and Laura Mercier and have been able to attain a perfect finish at all times. I have seen reviews on the internet where people add this on top of powder foundation for an added glow but I could not imagine using this over another powder product. This powder did not cause any clogging of the pores, acne or skin irritation. This is a great powder and definitely worth trying. Not cakey and definitely easy to apply. One should use a large powder brush.

I currently have so many powders that I cannot see myself making a powder purchase anytime soon; but this a product I would replace when it is finished if something better does not come along.

on 9/16/2007 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Well, call me bias but as a loyal px customer and employee, i LOVE THE MAGIC POWDER. Why? It's cooling sensation and super natural finish over foundation... It doesn't leave me looking ashy or too matte. I actually appreciate my skins glow. However< I do understand what some of the other reviews are saying b/c there's few things you have to be careful about. Used with a synthetic brush, it doesn't roll on as smoothly and leaves too much product on the skin leaving it with a undesireable finish under lighting.

Oh , it does turn a little jelly when not used or store improperly but all you have to do is shake it up a little, then it regains it normal powdery texture. You can also add a few drops of water when it loses its cooling effect. You may see what appears to be steam, its from the liquid powder being 70% water.

Application tip: Dip large natural fiber brush in powder, use cap to disburse to excess product. Then pat onto face, then gently dust away excess amounts from face. This technique makes a world of a difference in the finish. Give it a try. Remember to much of anything is bad for you.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using this powder for a year now. It is great and I love the cooling effect when applied. One key to it is keep it refrigerated, it helps with the drying out of the powder. The brush that comes with it isn't any help at all.

on 11/3/2004 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This stuff is so cool! Literally...the cooling effect that it has on your skin is very nice. Breezy to use, mattifies my makeup without looking too matte (or dry), and nice packaging.