Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

on 4/3/2009 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

When applied it feels wet and very cooling on the skin. It does not dry my skin like most powders can. I like the way this makes my skin glow.
I always get compliments on how good my skin looks when wearing this product. I only apply a small amount which is all you need to give your skin a dewy look...

I loved it when I first bought it but found as I was nearing the bottom of the effects wore off - no cold water feeling, no real coverage (understanding it is a transluscent the one I bought) I'm hoping this is simply because I don't have enough of it left. However, probably not loving enough to fork out that much for a transluscent powder again. Might go a cheapo.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

This really is magic!! A loose powder that feels kind of wet going on. When I expressed curiosity at the counter she told me that "mostly young girls buy it." Oh my. What does she know? I am here to tell you that my no powder has ever done for my 53 year old complexion what this does. Really blurs the fine lines, (and the not so fine) gives a nice natural glow and does not look all dried out later. Everything else including the natural mineral makeup was disappointing for me. ( IMO mineral makeup is for "younger" skin.) Anyway, I will never use another kind of powder again. Magic Powder is beautiful alone or lightly dusted over regular foundation. Maybe not for everyone, but I for one am a hopin' and a prayin' they keep this product. Edit: The "wetness" dries up in the jar as you open and use it. Got too dry before I got anywhere near finishing it. Then it goes on drier looking like other powders. Rating stands as long as it's new.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is the second time I have bought this product, mainly because I am trying hard to love it (because I really really like the magic potion). I don't like the cold feel of the powder and I find it really difficult to get an even finish on the face. I also think it looks far too sparkly on the face for daytime. The brush that comes with it is a bit of a dud as well. I think I will mix this is with my "plain" transluscent powder - which is what I did last time. I don't think I will be lured in by this product a third time.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great powder, just didn't work well for me. I have olive skin, and these "optical diffusers" or "skin illuminators" tend to give my skin a whitish look (not cakey white, just a white tint) But for people with more fair skin, this is a nice powder. It is very subtle and not too shimmery, it gives the skin a sort of "illuminating glow". But the best part of this product, is the way it feels on your skin when you first apply it. The feeling doesn't last, but it is amazing! It is a cool, almost wet feeling, as if someone is sprinkling cool water on your face. I loved that part of it, wish it went better with my complexion. Fair skinned girls, you will love it!

on 4/2/2002 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love the Px Magic line and this loose powder is no exception. The cooling effect tends to fade over time but it gives skin a touch of shimmer and doesnt dry out the skin. My only complaint is the stupid brush on top. A pain to get back in the container without damaging bristles, so I never use this. Maybe they could get rid of it and lower the price!

on 7/31/2001 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this product in the Gray Nuetralizer. It gets rid of ashy dull looking skin and gives it a radiant healthy glow. I love the feel of the "wet" powder. It looks very nice. I think the brush on top is a waste of time. I do like this product even though it is overpriced.
*update* I have since tried the original formula. It can be found at most department stores or gloss.com where it retails for $32.50 for .98 oz. It is supposed to "An ultra-lucent water powder that works like a cooling mist to refresh the skin. Its soft optics diffuse light to minimize the appearance of lines and wrinkles and enhance the effects of foundation."
I like the feel of this on the skin when its fresh. My skin does look even but after a while the cooling effect stops and the product just evaporates away till you have none left. The brush on top is crappy and scratchy and a waste. I like this but would not repurchase.