Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.5

on 7/18/2009 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can understand why this product isn't for everyone. I personally love it because I like a slightly dewy finish to my foundation and hate that matte powdery cakey look on my skin. There is no point setting a dewy foundation with a matte powder because it just defeats the purpose. This powder is very fine, lightweight and contains a subtle shimmer (Mica) but also has a high content of water molecules which gives a cooling sensation when applied to the skin. It is great for a dry/dehydrated skin because it doesn't 'cling' to any dry patches on the skin, and sets a slightly dewier foundation without making the skin look too matte. This powder makes my skin feel smooth and look glowy (not shiney).

on 6/17/2009 2:43:00 PM

This has been the best find for finishing powder for me.Magic just adds that touch to finishing up make up. It does not settle into fine lines. Does not add heaviness to foundation. Does not settle into fine lines. It is a super WOW product.

on 6/10/2009 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am now using nothing but Illuminating moisturizer by Stila (no. 1 disc:( .. ) the Sunsheen liquid powder in Light and then a pink blush. My skin has never looked better -- it glows with no shimmer. I look healthy and that is sometimes difficult on an NC15 skin! I love this look for summer!

on 5/18/2008 1:21:00 PM

Over-priced, too sparkly, cakes if you use too much. Nice cooling effect when you're applying it, but it seriously isn't worth the money.

on 5/10/2008 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Magic powder is great to set makeup with, although, if you want a full coverage and plan on setting it with this, then I would rethink that, also not good for acne prone skin, The reason why I love this product is because of the finish it gives in photos, it looks great , this skin looks vibrant and full of life without looking shiny or oily, and I guess the cooling sensation is kinda cool too.

on 12/11/2007 9:19:00 PM

I used this product over the Prescriptives Illuminating creme potion, as recommended by the sales lady. The two together provided a very light coverage. Great for a young girl or someone without a lot of imperfections. I need a heavier foundation.

on 12/20/2006 3:26:00 PM

I'm having a hard time believing anyone would try to use this powder over their whole face. I use it only as a highlighter on my upper cheek/eyebrow area. It was sold to me as a subtle hightlighter, as it's pearlescent, not sparkly. I'm 48 and don't need any sparkles on my face. This works like a dream. I've been using a bunch of Prescriptives products lately...good products, decent prices. I just can't imagine from the previous reviews how ridiculous this would look brushed everywhere...even on young skin. The wet/cooling effect IS gimicky, but harmless. I ignore it entirely. I've been obsessed with highlighters in the last couple months...I've bought inumerable ones...Clarins, Nars, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, Guerlain, etc. This is one of the best ones, and definitely a keeper...and at the rate I use it, it'll last well into my children's lifetime.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

This really is magic!! A loose powder that feels kind of wet going on. When I expressed curiosity at the counter she told me that "mostly young girls buy it." Oh my. What does she know? I am here to tell you that my no powder has ever done for my 53 year old complexion what this does. Really blurs the fine lines, (and the not so fine) gives a nice natural glow and does not look all dried out later. Everything else including the natural mineral makeup was disappointing for me. ( IMO mineral makeup is for "younger" skin.) Anyway, I will never use another kind of powder again. Magic Powder is beautiful alone or lightly dusted over regular foundation. Maybe not for everyone, but I for one am a hopin' and a prayin' they keep this product. Edit: The "wetness" dries up in the jar as you open and use it. Got too dry before I got anywhere near finishing it. Then it goes on drier looking like other powders. Rating stands as long as it's new.

on 12/11/2005 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Boo Prescriptives for making Magic Loose Powder...I love most of your makeup, why must you dissapoint me with a product like this? The cooling effect is kind of interesting, but it went away after a few weeks. I tried refrigerating you and it just made the powder clumpy...and I hate to say it but you just look weird on me. I mean, I'm already pretty pale, but this just made me look masklike. I am going to put you up for swap and go back to that other powder... the talc-free Prescriptives powder that I love.

on 10/22/2004 7:27:00 PM

I am on my second container, I love this stuff. I enjoy the cool feeling when you first apply the powder, the coverage is just right and it has staying power.