Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.6

on 9/17/2014 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I just gotta say if you have melasma or dark spots this is truly magic for hiding it!! I just noticed i have the evil "mustache" look of sun damage on my upper lip, have been playing around with concealers and everything makes it look worse!! But i found out this powder packed on was making my darkness less visible and bright!! I really said "wow magic" Im using A loreal serum to get rid of my dark spots, but it takes time and maybe they will never go away so im always gonna have this powder around!! So worth it!!!

on 3/31/2014 3:16:00 AM

Love this powder. I have used this powder for nearly 6 years. Freaked out when Px went out of business and was so happy when they came back. I will say that this powder is best for gals that don't really wear or need foundation but want a little bit of coverage or perfecting. It feels great, you don't even know you are wearing it and really brightens up your face.

I call this "good skin in a can". i've been using it for over 15 years! when they discontinued the line, I stocked up and bought 2. 2 cans lasted me 3 years - and that's with daily use. it is by far the best powder I have ever used, and it is a holy grail must have item in my collection!

on 6/8/2009 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

All I noticed was the cooling sensation. I needed to put on way too much to even see that there was a difference. I definitely got fooled on this one!

on 4/3/2009 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

When applied it feels wet and very cooling on the skin. It does not dry my skin like most powders can. I like the way this makes my skin glow.
I always get compliments on how good my skin looks when wearing this product. I only apply a small amount which is all you need to give your skin a dewy look...

on 1/14/2009 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I am a bit late writing a review for this one but better late than never. This is a great powder and not similar to anything I have tried in the past. The phrase liquid powder was what really caught my attention when I approached the counter to check out this product. Not at all a liquid but a powder which is cool when applied to the skin.

I purchased this in Deep Translucent and it has been working very well for my skin tone. I use this on top of my Px liquid foundation but also La Mer and Laura Mercier and have been able to attain a perfect finish at all times. I have seen reviews on the internet where people add this on top of powder foundation for an added glow but I could not imagine using this over another powder product. This powder did not cause any clogging of the pores, acne or skin irritation. This is a great powder and definitely worth trying. Not cakey and definitely easy to apply. One should use a large powder brush.

I currently have so many powders that I cannot see myself making a powder purchase anytime soon; but this a product I would replace when it is finished if something better does not come along.

i, being more oily, am not the biggest fan of this product. it is 70% water but is NOT meant to be used as a setting powder because its purpose is not to set your makeup but instead to just give you a little bit of radiance. depending on how heavy you wear your makeup, it can sort of grab onto your makeup under. the most important thing when using this product is to make sure that you are using a synthetic brush as it is sort of water-y and will not lay nicely on the face.

dont get me wrong.. ive seen it do some nice things as i am ALWAYS at the makeup counters, but not that essential! i like their Magic Cream or Potion better. I am a huge fan of bare escentuals bare radiance or featherlight to get a nice glow!

I read a lot of negative reviews about this product but I happen to love this powder. I use it over the Traceless liquid foundation. I use a big brush and lightly dust my face with this powder and it gives my skin a shimmery look. It gives the illusion of perfect skin. I use to use MAC foundation but I always had to get new foundation for the winter or summer months. I can use this powder year round and I don't have the "made up" look. I received so many compliments when I started using this powder. I took away one lippie because the product is kind of expensive. So like one of the other members mentioned if you are looking for a powder that gives a lot of coverage this is not the one for you but if you are looking for minimal coverage this powder will not disappoint you.

on 10/30/2008 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

In this powders defense this is the first and only time I've tried it. In the jar, it looks very interesting and weird. It's like a wet, jellied powder. You can tell this is not your ordinary powder. I applied it this morning circa 8 am to set my foundation, yes the cooling effect was phenomenal, and I found it very easy to blend etc. At first glance it looked a tad whitish on my skin, so I'm not sure how translucent this is, but it did give a finished look. In the light (good old regular sunlight), it is shimmery and may be a tad much for some people, this was not a problem for me. Fast forward to 1 pm and the MU had practically melted off my face. This never happens to me, ever. I don't have a T-zone issue, or oily skin and besides I've tried numerous powders and this never happened, ever! The culprit?? I'll say it's the "wet" in the powder. Apparently my skin drank it up, with blush, highlighter, and bronzer all together, literally! Seriously all I had left was my eye MU. I can't imagine what else it could have been other than my face absorbing the moisture this powder left behind. I also noticed along my hairline there was a color shift. My foundation looked a little yellowish-don't know what all that was about, it's still a mystery. I will try again before I send it back and will edit posting if there was some drastic changes from my first trial. Should this fail me, I have my MAC hyper real pressed powder which is divine and therefore don't know why I was looking for another??? I suppose to confirm. Get this only if the store has an excellent and honorable return policy.

on 4/18/2008 3:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

In my opinion, this is more novelty than anything. The liquid-powder texture is unique and it feels wonderful when applied with a big soft face brush. But the "magic" ends there. It doesn't do anything special. It's not illuminating and it doesn't create an illusion of perfection or whatever it is that Prescriptives claims it does. Staying power is a joke. It is fun to play with and feels nice and gives the appearance of a more polished face when it is first applied, and for that it rates 3 stars. But it is not in any way special, and I don't think it's worth the price.