Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.7

on 9/17/2014 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I just gotta say if you have melasma or dark spots this is truly magic for hiding it!! I just noticed i have the evil "mustache" look of sun damage on my upper lip, have been playing around with concealers and everything makes it look worse!! But i found out this powder packed on was making my darkness less visible and bright!! I really said "wow magic" Im using A loreal serum to get rid of my dark spots, but it takes time and maybe they will never go away so im always gonna have this powder around!! So worth it!!!

I read a lot of negative reviews about this product but I happen to love this powder. I use it over the Traceless liquid foundation. I use a big brush and lightly dust my face with this powder and it gives my skin a shimmery look. It gives the illusion of perfect skin. I use to use MAC foundation but I always had to get new foundation for the winter or summer months. I can use this powder year round and I don't have the "made up" look. I received so many compliments when I started using this powder. I took away one lippie because the product is kind of expensive. So like one of the other members mentioned if you are looking for a powder that gives a lot of coverage this is not the one for you but if you are looking for minimal coverage this powder will not disappoint you.

on 10/30/2008 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

In this powders defense this is the first and only time I've tried it. In the jar, it looks very interesting and weird. It's like a wet, jellied powder. You can tell this is not your ordinary powder. I applied it this morning circa 8 am to set my foundation, yes the cooling effect was phenomenal, and I found it very easy to blend etc. At first glance it looked a tad whitish on my skin, so I'm not sure how translucent this is, but it did give a finished look. In the light (good old regular sunlight), it is shimmery and may be a tad much for some people, this was not a problem for me. Fast forward to 1 pm and the MU had practically melted off my face. This never happens to me, ever. I don't have a T-zone issue, or oily skin and besides I've tried numerous powders and this never happened, ever! The culprit?? I'll say it's the "wet" in the powder. Apparently my skin drank it up, with blush, highlighter, and bronzer all together, literally! Seriously all I had left was my eye MU. I can't imagine what else it could have been other than my face absorbing the moisture this powder left behind. I also noticed along my hairline there was a color shift. My foundation looked a little yellowish-don't know what all that was about, it's still a mystery. I will try again before I send it back and will edit posting if there was some drastic changes from my first trial. Should this fail me, I have my MAC hyper real pressed powder which is divine and therefore don't know why I was looking for another??? I suppose to confirm. Get this only if the store has an excellent and honorable return policy.

on 5/10/2008 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Magic powder is great to set makeup with, although, if you want a full coverage and plan on setting it with this, then I would rethink that, also not good for acne prone skin, The reason why I love this product is because of the finish it gives in photos, it looks great , this skin looks vibrant and full of life without looking shiny or oily, and I guess the cooling sensation is kinda cool too.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for about 4 months. When I first bought it, I loved it - the cooling sensation, the slight shimmer and the fact that it is transluscent and not cakey. I have since noticed, however, that it does not do a good job at setting my make-up. Rather, it unsets my make-up. For example, I will do a flawless foundation face with the By Terry LE or LM and then I will set with this powder but it will cause the foundation to become patchy and uneven in some areas, especially my T-zone. This is disappointing as I love everything else about this powder, it is so hard to find a powder that it has not got too much coverage and is not too matte.
I guess I will have to keep looking for my HG loose powder!

on 3/18/2007 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i love this powder. i alternate between this, laura mercier, and alison raffaele translucent loose powders as an all over face powder. i'm not sure why people are saying this is too shimmery, as it doesn't look shimmery on me AT ALL. it looks like a normal loose powder to me. however, i'm used to wearing a lot of shimmery type blushes so maybe i'm just used to it. i wear a matte cream blush underneath the magic powder and my skin looks great, clear and flawless. also, i really love the cooling effect, and feel myself get a little disappointed when the other powders i use don't have the same effect. so all in all, a great functional powder.

on 2/6/2006 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Fun to experiment with in the beginning... the cooling sensation & the natural glowing sheen that it gives. But, the brush that comes with this is terrible to use and getting it back into its compartment w/o splaying is tricky; use your own brush with this. Also, the cooling effects do disappear after a while. Wouldn't buy again.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

i use this with my prescriptives traceless, and it creates an even greater glow. theres a shimmer in it but its subtle. it makes your skin just glow and look gorgeous. for $30 its pretty expensive, you get alot so it should last. i would by again as long as im not on a tight budget.

on 1/6/2004 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder! It really gives your face a gorgeous glow and the watery feel is nice, as well. I don't care much for the brush, even if it is nifty packaging. I just use my own MAC buffer brush 186 for it and it gets a better over-all soft finish. I use it over foundation at night or over concealer.

on 11/6/2003 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It feels great when applied and adds a very subtle glow to the face, but there isn't anything "magical" about it. It works best over foundation, since it has no coverage on its own. Think of it as a sparkling light truslucent powder that feels great during application. It's shimmer is so faint that it's barely detectable, but it does lighten up the face a bit. The Magic line's marketing strategy is captivating, but please be aware that it's not going to "magically" transform your complexion to perfection.