Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.7

on 10/10/2009 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If I could I'd give this more of a 3.5. It's a lovely product and I like the finish- not matte and doesn't make me look like a bloody ghost. However I do seem to get a bit oily faster with this stuff- but that's easily fixed with blotting papers. I would buy it again, but only if I had the money to go towards it, as I find it a bit pricy.

on 1/26/2008 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product! I've bought it about twice a year for the past few years. For me that's unusual because I'm always moving on to the next new product. I'm oily/acne prone so I only wear powder foundations like MUFE Duo Mat, Aveda, and MAC StudioFix which leave my face matte. I use Magic as a last step to add some glow to areas like upper forehead, chin, cheekbones. It really makes a big difference! I love it!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love how it feels on my skin. It's almost like water. It's not like other loose powders because it doesn't look too cakey. It's natural. However, it is very glittery which may be unflattering to some faces.

on 9/16/2007 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Well, call me bias but as a loyal px customer and employee, i LOVE THE MAGIC POWDER. Why? It's cooling sensation and super natural finish over foundation... It doesn't leave me looking ashy or too matte. I actually appreciate my skins glow. However< I do understand what some of the other reviews are saying b/c there's few things you have to be careful about. Used with a synthetic brush, it doesn't roll on as smoothly and leaves too much product on the skin leaving it with a undesireable finish under lighting.

Oh , it does turn a little jelly when not used or store improperly but all you have to do is shake it up a little, then it regains it normal powdery texture. You can also add a few drops of water when it loses its cooling effect. You may see what appears to be steam, its from the liquid powder being 70% water.

Application tip: Dip large natural fiber brush in powder, use cap to disburse to excess product. Then pat onto face, then gently dust away excess amounts from face. This technique makes a world of a difference in the finish. Give it a try. Remember to much of anything is bad for you.

on 2/22/2007 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in the red neutralizer, and I gotta say that it works very well on me. I have fair skin, but a couple of broken capillaries and redness on the face near my nose and around my cheekbones. This powder works to cover that redness... I am going to purchase my second box soon. Sometimes when I'm in a hurry, I just wash my face, moisturize, put this powder on, and go over my entire face with NARS loose powder... put a bit of blush, and I look natural and ready to go. I really like this product!!!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wish this product came in a wider selection of colours. I know, I know: it's supposed to be "translucent," and it is. But, that doesn't mean it's colourless, nor that it's invisible. Applied on top of foundation, this powder does leave a strange, whitish effect. Under some lighting conditions it looks glowy; I must admit that it makes your skin look quite good on pictures too. But outdoors, it does accentuate any foundation you're wearing, and not in a flattering way. It makes it obvious that you're wearing makeup.

I have the pinkish one called "Translucent" which is supposed to work for ALL skin tones. Well I have yellow-olive undertones, and this powder doesn't work for me at all. I thought about buying the "Deep Translucent," but nah.

I'm givin' it 3 lippies just because I like the novelty of it -- liquid powder ("wow," huh?!). It could also work to soften up redness around the nose. If you want to experiment with the promised "glowy" effect, I think the trick is to not apply it all over your face; just on select areas like bridge of nose, front and apples of cheeks, a dab on forehead. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I think this powder is wonderful !
I love the cooling effect. It also leaves my face with a nice finish. My pores aren't accentuated
like with many powders.

on 11/3/2004 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This stuff is so cool! Literally...the cooling effect that it has on your skin is very nice. Breezy to use, mattifies my makeup without looking too matte (or dry), and nice packaging.

on 10/20/2004 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've used it only 3 times and each time it goes on (or I take it off) my face burns (I have very sensitive skin that is why I opted for Prescriptives). It does, however, go on cool - nice feeling - but after about 10 mins, that burning sensation is gone. Could be that my combination skin is just dry. In any event, I would not purchase this product again. In fact, I'm going to see about returning it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder is great. I have pretty crappy skin to begin with, but when I pair this with Px foundation, I've been told my skin looks flawless. It feels nice and not too heavy and the color is just right for me. I am mixed race and sometimes it's hard to put me into a color category, but this powder has the perfect touch of yellow in it to even out my ruddiness and blend in perfectly. It's probably the best makeup purchase I've made in a really long time.
The wet feeling goes away after awhile though, I don't know if this is because I've had the jar for a long time or not. It doesn't matter anyway, it still looks great.