Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.7

on 9/17/2014 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I just gotta say if you have melasma or dark spots this is truly magic for hiding it!! I just noticed i have the evil "mustache" look of sun damage on my upper lip, have been playing around with concealers and everything makes it look worse!! But i found out this powder packed on was making my darkness less visible and bright!! I really said "wow magic" Im using A loreal serum to get rid of my dark spots, but it takes time and maybe they will never go away so im always gonna have this powder around!! So worth it!!!

I call this "good skin in a can". i've been using it for over 15 years! when they discontinued the line, I stocked up and bought 2. 2 cans lasted me 3 years - and that's with daily use. it is by far the best powder I have ever used, and it is a holy grail must have item in my collection!

on 4/3/2009 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

When applied it feels wet and very cooling on the skin. It does not dry my skin like most powders can. I like the way this makes my skin glow.
I always get compliments on how good my skin looks when wearing this product. I only apply a small amount which is all you need to give your skin a dewy look...

on 1/14/2009 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I am a bit late writing a review for this one but better late than never. This is a great powder and not similar to anything I have tried in the past. The phrase liquid powder was what really caught my attention when I approached the counter to check out this product. Not at all a liquid but a powder which is cool when applied to the skin.

I purchased this in Deep Translucent and it has been working very well for my skin tone. I use this on top of my Px liquid foundation but also La Mer and Laura Mercier and have been able to attain a perfect finish at all times. I have seen reviews on the internet where people add this on top of powder foundation for an added glow but I could not imagine using this over another powder product. This powder did not cause any clogging of the pores, acne or skin irritation. This is a great powder and definitely worth trying. Not cakey and definitely easy to apply. One should use a large powder brush.

I currently have so many powders that I cannot see myself making a powder purchase anytime soon; but this a product I would replace when it is finished if something better does not come along.

on 2/25/2008 4:29:00 PM

This product really doesn't have a purpose at all. It doesn't have color, it doesn't set foundation, it doesn't control oil. It's really hard to see and is just a waste of money.

on 9/11/2007 2:31:00 PM

Surprised to find that it consistently broke me out - Px liquid foundations don't, so I was hoping this would be ok as well.

The wet sensation is gimicky and the 'glow' looked too heavy even with a light hand.

Pros:
Goes on smoothly,
quick and easy,
Doesn't aggravate already sensitive skin,
Good basic coverage.

Cons:
Cakes after a few hours,
Colour kept changing after application,
It sparkled in the wrong light making me look like a five year old,
Makes spots more obvious.

overall: I do like the product and the caking can be overcome by adding more moisturiser but the how glittering thing put me off.

on 3/18/2007 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i love this powder. i alternate between this, laura mercier, and alison raffaele translucent loose powders as an all over face powder. i'm not sure why people are saying this is too shimmery, as it doesn't look shimmery on me AT ALL. it looks like a normal loose powder to me. however, i'm used to wearing a lot of shimmery type blushes so maybe i'm just used to it. i wear a matte cream blush underneath the magic powder and my skin looks great, clear and flawless. also, i really love the cooling effect, and feel myself get a little disappointed when the other powders i use don't have the same effect. so all in all, a great functional powder.

on 12/1/2006 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I adore this product. However it is pricey at $50. Also not a fan of the brush. This stuff is magic. I love the cooling effect, but the real miracle is how is diffuses the look of my mild acne scars and any lines on my skin. This stuff makes my skin look radiant and airbrushed. I use this on top of my regular Clinique powder and foundation. Brush it on my forehead, cheeks, bridge of my nose and viola.

I used this over the summer at the beach. I was embarrassed about my discolored skin and scars. I couldn't go out without makeup. I just don't have the complexion all the other 24 year old girls do. I used my sunblock, a little tinted 'sport foundation' dotted as concealer, magic powder and lip gloss. My boyfriend kept telling me how beautiful my skin is.

on 4/9/2006 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Interesting concept and it feels quite nice on, the finish is semi-dewey. However I really am not a fan of the shade- it seems to be rainbow white, kind of like MAC's hyperreal foundations. It doesn't really work on me, just ends up making me look like I stepped off of a tripped out 70s dancefloor- rainbow like finish completely apparent, doing nothing to "hide" blemishes or skintone, only bringing new attention to it.