Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.7

on 3/31/2014 3:16:00 AM

Love this powder. I have used this powder for nearly 6 years. Freaked out when Px went out of business and was so happy when they came back. I will say that this powder is best for gals that don't really wear or need foundation but want a little bit of coverage or perfecting. It feels great, you don't even know you are wearing it and really brightens up your face.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I'm glad this powder works so well for some, but I think it's ridiculously overpriced and gimmicky.

The cooling sensation is, well, "cool", but I don't know that it has any real benefit.

It may be the brush I was using, but the powder seemed to go on very unevenly and glittery, and left me with a finish that went from dewy to major oil slick in less than an hour.

If you have dry skin and like a dewy look, this powder might be perfect for you - women with oily skin, beware! I'll stick with my Bare Escentuals mineral veil.

Great stuff! I use a powder brush to apply this and it feels like liquid or maybe just a cooling sensation when you put it on but is a dry finish. It is supposed to draw attention from fine lines etc...I have had many compliments when I use this all stating I have a glowy look. I discovered this in the 1990's and just began using it occasionally again. This does not cause me to break out at all and only comes in Translucent so good for all complexions. They do have a magic powder out now that minimizes red tones on the face.

I read a lot of negative reviews about this product but I happen to love this powder. I use it over the Traceless liquid foundation. I use a big brush and lightly dust my face with this powder and it gives my skin a shimmery look. It gives the illusion of perfect skin. I use to use MAC foundation but I always had to get new foundation for the winter or summer months. I can use this powder year round and I don't have the "made up" look. I received so many compliments when I started using this powder. I took away one lippie because the product is kind of expensive. So like one of the other members mentioned if you are looking for a powder that gives a lot of coverage this is not the one for you but if you are looking for minimal coverage this powder will not disappoint you.

on 9/16/2008 9:27:00 AM

I love this product. I have ok skin but high colour and freckles and this tones me down and make me looks poreless.

It sounds to me as if the negative comments are from people who are putting too much on at a time. Use over foundation or primer. Use a big brush, just a light dusting. Concentrate on problem areas and you will look flawless.

I think it's fabulous. I totally get why Prescriptives products are pricey. They rock. See review of compact powder - also fabulous.

on 4/18/2008 3:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

In my opinion, this is more novelty than anything. The liquid-powder texture is unique and it feels wonderful when applied with a big soft face brush. But the "magic" ends there. It doesn't do anything special. It's not illuminating and it doesn't create an illusion of perfection or whatever it is that Prescriptives claims it does. Staying power is a joke. It is fun to play with and feels nice and gives the appearance of a more polished face when it is first applied, and for that it rates 3 stars. But it is not in any way special, and I don't think it's worth the price.

I really like how the Magic Liquid Powder feels wet and cool during application. The Prescriptives MA brushed it on my hand and I was instantly sold! I'm not the type to buy department brand cosmetics in a second. I thought this was going to be one of my HG powders. Here are the cons though:

-It doesn't last long nor does it control oil. I have combination skin and I can get pretty oily in the T-zone area.

-Even though I got the translucent shade, the Magic Powder still looked pink on my skin in natural daylight (Asian, MAC NC30, Shiseido O40). In bathroom lighting, it looks great. Sigh... I probably won't buy this again since it's expensive. $35.00 at Macys...

on 12/11/2007 9:19:00 PM

I used this product over the Prescriptives Illuminating creme potion, as recommended by the sales lady. The two together provided a very light coverage. Great for a young girl or someone without a lot of imperfections. I need a heavier foundation.

on 11/19/2007 6:12:00 PM

i loveeee this powder!!! ive gone through so many of them! i use it with the prescriptives flawless skin foundation. i use the "red neutralizer" color just bc im asian and i have more of a yellow skin tone? i love how it feels and how it has a tiny hint of sparkly stuff in it that makes my skin look like its glowing! i dont think my skin has looked better since ive been using these 2 together... love it!

on 8/20/2007 11:10:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

This product is okay at best. I love how it feels when it's going on... it feels very cool and almost wet. That's the novelty of it, I guess. The look of it on my face, however, is a different story. It has a bit too much shimmer for my liking, and it's too dark for my super pale skin. There's nothing magical about it as far as I'm concerned.