Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.9

on 7/18/2009 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can understand why this product isn't for everyone. I personally love it because I like a slightly dewy finish to my foundation and hate that matte powdery cakey look on my skin. There is no point setting a dewy foundation with a matte powder because it just defeats the purpose. This powder is very fine, lightweight and contains a subtle shimmer (Mica) but also has a high content of water molecules which gives a cooling sensation when applied to the skin. It is great for a dry/dehydrated skin because it doesn't 'cling' to any dry patches on the skin, and sets a slightly dewier foundation without making the skin look too matte. This powder makes my skin feel smooth and look glowy (not shiney).

on 6/17/2009 2:43:00 PM

This has been the best find for finishing powder for me.Magic just adds that touch to finishing up make up. It does not settle into fine lines. Does not add heaviness to foundation. Does not settle into fine lines. It is a super WOW product.

on 6/10/2009 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am now using nothing but Illuminating moisturizer by Stila (no. 1 disc:( .. ) the Sunsheen liquid powder in Light and then a pink blush. My skin has never looked better -- it glows with no shimmer. I look healthy and that is sometimes difficult on an NC15 skin! I love this look for summer!

on 10/30/2008 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

In this powders defense this is the first and only time I've tried it. In the jar, it looks very interesting and weird. It's like a wet, jellied powder. You can tell this is not your ordinary powder. I applied it this morning circa 8 am to set my foundation, yes the cooling effect was phenomenal, and I found it very easy to blend etc. At first glance it looked a tad whitish on my skin, so I'm not sure how translucent this is, but it did give a finished look. In the light (good old regular sunlight), it is shimmery and may be a tad much for some people, this was not a problem for me. Fast forward to 1 pm and the MU had practically melted off my face. This never happens to me, ever. I don't have a T-zone issue, or oily skin and besides I've tried numerous powders and this never happened, ever! The culprit?? I'll say it's the "wet" in the powder. Apparently my skin drank it up, with blush, highlighter, and bronzer all together, literally! Seriously all I had left was my eye MU. I can't imagine what else it could have been other than my face absorbing the moisture this powder left behind. I also noticed along my hairline there was a color shift. My foundation looked a little yellowish-don't know what all that was about, it's still a mystery. I will try again before I send it back and will edit posting if there was some drastic changes from my first trial. Should this fail me, I have my MAC hyper real pressed powder which is divine and therefore don't know why I was looking for another??? I suppose to confirm. Get this only if the store has an excellent and honorable return policy.

on 5/10/2008 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Magic powder is great to set makeup with, although, if you want a full coverage and plan on setting it with this, then I would rethink that, also not good for acne prone skin, The reason why I love this product is because of the finish it gives in photos, it looks great , this skin looks vibrant and full of life without looking shiny or oily, and I guess the cooling sensation is kinda cool too.

on 3/16/2008 11:14:00 PM

I love this product! I has cooling sensation! There is nothing with this product, I don't know why many people has such bad review. I'm using it and I love it, I would buy again!

on 7/12/2007 3:19:00 PM

When asked whether i would buy this product again, can i answer with a HELL NO????

OMG.This supposedly 'magic' powder is H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E.

Yes, it is finely milled, its soothing when applied, bla bla bla all that other nice thing and sure your face looks radiant.....ONLY FOR THE FIRST HOUR probably. Let me see...i applied right before i left for work and when i got to work and checked my face in the mirror, i could see it starts to get really cakey!!! The lines on my face that i'd never know existed appeared all over !! I had to wipe my face off with tissue(coz i'm at work and didn't have my makeup remover with me). My face looked so much better after i wiped it all off. It's really frustrating especially after you'd spent $36.50(w tax) and have high expectation of it.

I'm 26. Asian with tanned skin. Residing in Maryland,USA. I have normal/combination skin.

It's the summer right now and it is rather warm and humid so maybe the weather might have a little to do with it. But then again, with the suggested price, it shouldn't have made it looked like it's worth $1.

**Edited -- I've failed to mention earlier that i use krayolan foundation stick underneath the powder and have had no problems when i used it with krayolan loose powder. I'm going to try it with other foundation or not even apply any foundation and we shall see how it'll work!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is the second time I have bought this product, mainly because I am trying hard to love it (because I really really like the magic potion). I don't like the cold feel of the powder and I find it really difficult to get an even finish on the face. I also think it looks far too sparkly on the face for daytime. The brush that comes with it is a bit of a dud as well. I think I will mix this is with my "plain" transluscent powder - which is what I did last time. I don't think I will be lured in by this product a third time.

I've been using this powder for about 4 years and I'm very happy with it. I use Translucent and it gives my face a subtle glow and blots out shine. My skin is very pale with pink undertones and it looks very natural on me. It doesn't look like I'm wearing powder. I really don't understand all the bad reviews.

on 3/24/2006 12:50:00 AM

Facial mist + loose powder in one! :)
I got this in red neutralizer, because i live in S. Calif, and uv doesn't bother me as I have great sunscreen, but the heat makes me look flushed since im very lively person. lol
with that said. I really love how this powder feels on my skin.
It feels like it's a facial mist, but in controlled way. Shiny shimmer particles makes you look like you have glowy face- If you prefer matte looking type powder, you might not really like this effect :)
The powder looks lil' brownish-yellow in a jar, and when I wear it in the morning as all over shimmery glowy finish, it looks dead yellowish.
So I carefully use in on cheeks. Then at afternoon when I run around or whatever, I don't have red-flushed cheeks. (Some likes right after workout flush, but I personally don't like it)
I can use it really lighthanded using face brush, I can get all over shimmer.
If I don't becareful, it looks dead yellow :(
People w/ rosacrea problem, or have too flushed cheeks, should try this.
This also feels SO good! continued >>