Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.2

on 4/23/2017 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product was HG to me for as long as Prescriptives was easily available. I got it for my wedding day makeup when I was 27. And it really did give me that luminous wow factor when applied lightly over my foundation. Let me say though that getting the "wow factor" is a lot easier when you are 27! I am 40 now and this powder still looks nice on me, but I am not as attached to it. So the "liquid" aspect of this is that, when first opened, it feels like a minty/liquid/cool sensation as you are brushing it on. After the product has been used for a while, the magic liquid feels disappears, which is fine. Neat party trick, but it doesn't actually enhance the product. As an actual finishing powder, it is not totally translucent. It has a slight yellow/peach tint that doesn't bother me or even look bad on my super pale skin (nw10 for reference), however if you are seeking a truly translucent finishing powder, this isn't it. It does have a nice illuminating property, which is the main allure for me. It livens up overly-matte foundation and dull skin, without looking like a shimmer mess. I apply with a large powder brush and it lasts pretty well through-out the day. It seems quite dry in the jar, but on application it actually can add a slightly dewy appearance to the skin. It is $42 for a very large sifter jar, which lasts and lasts. I probably won't be ordering a replacement for this. I think I would rather have a truly translucent finishing powder and I am going to give up on the "wow factor" I achieved at 27 on my wedding day. If I had warmer or more yellow toned skin, I would probably stick with this product though. Overall very good and worth considering if you are seeking an illuminating setting powder.

on 3/25/2012 3:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product works wonder on me! So natural, never cakey!! best powder I have used so far. The best! I have dry skin. So be sure to keep this powder in the refrigerator. It helps to keep the water in! I think :)

on 6/8/2009 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

All I noticed was the cooling sensation. I needed to put on way too much to even see that there was a difference. I definitely got fooled on this one!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i agree that this powder does turn orange after a while. but i still remember that back in the days i started using this powder, i like the dewy effect it gives, and my face looks glowing in the photos, and it covers my pores and lines very well.

the downside of this powder not only that it turns orange, the brush that comes with the powder is of no use at all. i need to buy another powder brush that is big enuf just to apply the powder.

also, i bought this powder in mecca australia, it's way overpriced in australia, i think i would buy this again if i can get it at a cheaper price. now i'm trying on Lola, hoping that it can give me the same dramatic and dewy effect the Px magic liquid powder gives.

I use quite a few powders at the moment - I love this one in the summer or the winter. i must admit It's one of those ones that sits in the drawer and is a little forgotten at times, but everytime I use it I always fall back in love with it. It feels AMAZING and cooling on the skin, and seems to diffuse out any abnormalities in skin tone and small lines. Seems to make me look fresh and dewy without looking greasy. I find it stays on really well for a powder too. I use it either alone or over a liquid foundation. It is quite expensive (sorry I cant remember how much I paid, just remember thinking "ouch" at the time...) but you do get quite a lot of product (35g), and it lasts for up to two years. I would probably miss this if I didn't have it, so would repurchase it....

on 5/18/2008 1:21:00 PM

Over-priced, too sparkly, cakes if you use too much. Nice cooling effect when you're applying it, but it seriously isn't worth the money.

on 5/31/2007 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

lasts forever, i got mine 2 years ago and i still have and use it all the time. fells great and cool when applied.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this product pretty regularly for the last couple of years. My old container went bad (wasn't cooling and started to smell) so I got a new one. I was lucky enough to find this at the CCO because it was $10 cheaper and wanted to write a review since I just got a brand new one. I love this product. My skin is dry but because the powder is water-based, it doesn't accentuate the dryness of my skin. It feels very cooling when you apply it (I use my Mac 187 brush). Some people have conplained that it's too shimmery and I disagree. I don't think that it's glittery at all. I think that it's very very finely milled shimmer that's packed with loose powder. I don't find that my skin looks too shimmery, it just looks flawless. I've received a bunch of compliments on how good my skin looks when I use this product and this is the best loose powder that I've ever used.

For reference, I buy Translucent, which looks light but actually is translucent (NC42).

EDIT: I used to love this but not so much anymore. It's been making me pores look larger and hasn't been giving me the flawless finish that it used to.

on 4/24/2007 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have dry skin, and I am generally *VERY* leery of powder. I would say more like I have had a love/hate relationship with powder. As a positive, powder gives a nice finished look. On the other hand, all too often powder makes dry skin look even more dry than it actually is and accentuates lines. A few years ago, when Px launched the *Magic* line, the SA put me in the whole line. I wasn't too impressed with most of it. But the Liquid Powder, I have repurchased several times. It is a unique product that finishes the makeup without looking chalky or making me look like my skin is parched.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Goal: a translucent, natural powder. Got the fast pitch from the Prescriptives SA about this powder. She claimed it was a water based powder, and as she put it on my hand, it did indeed have a cool, "wet" feel. While my mind was trying to comprehend this, she talked about the powder's "radiance crystals" and lightly brushed my face with th powder. I sparkled. This isn't a good thing. I said it was a bit too glittery for me. She insisted that it wasn't glitter, but a "radiant glow," and walked me over to different lighting and proudly held a hand mirror to my face. I still sparkled. It was too glittery. She insisted again, it wasn't glitter, but "radiant glow." While I love Prescriptives, the glitter factor in this product looked a little too disco for my tastes and I made a purchase from the Clinique counter instead (Blended Face Powder, Transparency 3).