Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

4.4

on 6/8/2009 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This powder is great for those who have dry skin but still want to 'set' their make-up or who find their noses become unflatteringly shiny like me. I've used it in the lightest 'translucent' shade for years because it works so well, it doesn't emphasise lines, it diminishes pores until they disappear, and it adds a pearly gleam. I am not that keen on the pearly gleam as in strong sunlight it can build up, but that is nit picking, this works so well for me and I love it. So what if it cools the skin that is a bonus in the summer but it has far more to offer than that - if you remember to keep the lid screwed on well that is - if you have dry skin and want to know that your face wont melt off your make-up, or with me concealer, this works beautifully, I even use it around my eyes sometimes to give eyeshadow a base to cling to and last longer. This may also work well for oily skin as it does conceal pores, and mine are open on my nose, but with this they become invisible.

Other powders make me older - like a route map this just looks good and not dry or cakey, conceals lines, pores, it's great. As it's translucent it gives light coverage but I don't want coverage from a powder. Before I used this my mother (and others - sigh!) always complained about how dry my skin looked and that she wished I didn't use powder as it made my skin look older, dried up and awful. Now no-one notices my powder, I just get told I've lovely skin, enough said!

I noticed another reviewer has said quite rightly it can sometimes, when brand new stick into little dew like balls on the skin, is that the moisture in it - the coolant? I don't know but after five years of using this it doesn't bother me, a few days use and the product drys out, stops cooling and applies perfectly. If you get this problem, which I've only noticed occasionally, just leave the lid off for a day or two and it will work superbly and improve and enhance the look of your complexion.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was dissapointed on this one. Purchased this to help even out my skin tone and brighten my face. Bought the full size vanity jar, and even one of their powder brushes to go with.

This powder is very so-so. Sometimes, with the right touch and a perfect color scheme going on, this used as a highlighter can look fabulous!!! But, most often I find this to be too hard to blend and too diffucult to use when your using nightime dramatic colors. When used as an all over face finishing powder, my PPP skin looks like it got into a fight with Tinkerbell----and LOST.

I was severly ticked when my container also lost its "moisturizing water" my jar is now dry as a bone--despite never being exposed to air for longer than three of four minutes, and the container is only a month and a half old. The jar is not air tight (the SA told me this, after offering to do an exchange) so this will happen to a replacement too.

on 3/2/2006 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Never heard of this product before but just browsing at the mall one Saturday and the salesperson talked me into a mini-facial and topped off with this powder. I've used very high-end loose powders all the way down to the drugstore brands. This is the best loose poweder I have used and would recommend to everyone. I have both fair and dry skin and got this in Translucient. I love the cooling affect it has on my skin and the secret to not looking white or pasty is to find your right color and not put too much on. The brush that came with it is worthless but I would say to invest in the Prescriptives Bronzer Brush for $35 - wow - well worth it and makes this powder go on flawlessly. The powder is light and it gives your skin a finishing touch that reflects the light. Again - I've used Bare Essentials, Avon, Mary Kay, Lancome, Benefit, etc., loose powders but this one tops them all. Thanks for the tip on keeping in the frig - to keep the moisture in the container.

on 1/27/2006 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like the cooling sensation and it adds just a hint of sparkle to my face. The brush is crap though, I use my own powder brush.

on 9/30/2004 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just simply love this stuff. It goes on cool and feels wet. It adds a definite brillance and finish to my face. It has a way of playing with light, and creates a magical sparkle, depending on how the light is reflecting of your face.
A must have and a staple, I can't live without!

on 3/10/2004 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder, especially for the spring and summer. It is so refreshing and cool on the skin. It feels like water. First, I tried it in translucent. I'm a MAC C3 and it was really translucent on my skin. Also, it imparts a suble glow (no heavy shimmer or glitter). It has light reflecting pigments that blur out imperfections. This is a must have!

on 11/17/2003 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

this has a nice cooling affect. i guess that about the only reason why i like this so much. as for coverage...it's like any other powder. i just love how it feels like cold water when you put this on though....but way too expensive for me. so the nice cool affect isn't even worth it so i wouldn't purchase it again.

on 5/24/2002 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a really nice powder! I love the feeling of it turning into a liquid on my skin. The finish is very smooth, and feels weightless. The love the incandescence it gives my skin, and makes me look really alive. I just don't like the useless brush it comes with... cute idea, but doesn't work!