Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Filtered by skin type : Other
Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.9

on 7/19/2009 8:17:00 PM

I agree with the previous reviewer that this is a perfect loose powder for those of us who like a dewy finish rather than a matte powdery one. I just had a makeover at the Prescriptives counter for the first time - they made up a formula for foundation, used motorized mascara on me, all kinds of fun stuff I'd never experienced before. When she stroked this powder on my face I just flipped out and fell in love with the feel of its coolness on my skin. After using it at home myself I'm glad to confirm that it's fool-proof, sheer, and keeps the dewy look that I love while setting my makeup. I had no idea such a product existed, but I'm sold!

i, being more oily, am not the biggest fan of this product. it is 70% water but is NOT meant to be used as a setting powder because its purpose is not to set your makeup but instead to just give you a little bit of radiance. depending on how heavy you wear your makeup, it can sort of grab onto your makeup under. the most important thing when using this product is to make sure that you are using a synthetic brush as it is sort of water-y and will not lay nicely on the face.

dont get me wrong.. ive seen it do some nice things as i am ALWAYS at the makeup counters, but not that essential! i like their Magic Cream or Potion better. I am a huge fan of bare escentuals bare radiance or featherlight to get a nice glow!

I love Prescriptives but this just seems to be the most over-rated product ever. What bothers me is that the powder doesn't do anything. this just sits on top of skin no matter how little you put on. I'm not even sure of the purpose of this powder? It WON'T set foundation-- It doesn't sink in, it just sits on your skin.

on 8/26/2005 4:16:00 PM

I just don't get this product. I am fair skinned - and just like one of the previous reviewers with dark skin - this made me look weird and sparkly. I didn't notice a cooling effect. I threw away. Such a waste of money for me. A big thumbs down.

One of my staples for the past five years. I absolutely love this. I love the way it makes your skin feel....its not too shimmery, but just enough to give you a nice glow.

on 2/5/2005 3:42:00 PM

It is a very pretty glow you get from the product. However I do not see much amazing results from the powder. So it is a great try, but probably will not repurchase.

on 1/13/2005 8:50:00 AM

Total rave for this fabulous liquid powder!! I have normal to dry skin but after a few hours my nose goes shiny and normal powders look so matt and dull on me and have the tendancy to cake when I touch up. Not with this. I apply foundation then lightly dust the magic powder over to set. It feels fab and cool when it goes on and best of all takes off the shine but without the powdered look. A must own. The only downside is the tiny brush that comes with it and goes manky within a couple of uses!

on 11/14/2004 8:31:00 PM

Gives a wonderful, light finish. Love the color. The miniscule shimmers can get stuck in your pores!

Best powder I've ever had.

on 2/9/2004 1:36:00 PM

yes it has cooling effect, and it gives dewy look...but for some reason, the moist nature of it makes the powder just sits at where the brush first touches on my face! Imagine using a slightly damp brush with a noraml loose powder on the face. Same result. It's hard to apply the powder evenly... I don't know if it's just me? Besides, it's almost as drying as any other light-reflecting loose powder. And I don't like the greenish iridescence (I bought the yellow-toned correcting one). Looks weird on me. over-priced. Wish my mum likes this.

on 1/21/2004 4:52:00 AM

I got Translucent one and love the product. The wet feeling went away after having the jar for about 2-3 months. But it seems like working same as it used to be. I think this power makes your skin looks brighter but it looks very natural. When I feel tired or after a late night out, i need to put this powder on after regular foundation. My skin is asian's (light yellow tone). Definitely it works for Asian's skin, I think. But if you want a full coverage looking, I don't recommend this.