Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.3

on 7/19/2009 8:17:00 PM

I agree with the previous reviewer that this is a perfect loose powder for those of us who like a dewy finish rather than a matte powdery one. I just had a makeover at the Prescriptives counter for the first time - they made up a formula for foundation, used motorized mascara on me, all kinds of fun stuff I'd never experienced before. When she stroked this powder on my face I just flipped out and fell in love with the feel of its coolness on my skin. After using it at home myself I'm glad to confirm that it's fool-proof, sheer, and keeps the dewy look that I love while setting my makeup. I had no idea such a product existed, but I'm sold!

i, being more oily, am not the biggest fan of this product. it is 70% water but is NOT meant to be used as a setting powder because its purpose is not to set your makeup but instead to just give you a little bit of radiance. depending on how heavy you wear your makeup, it can sort of grab onto your makeup under. the most important thing when using this product is to make sure that you are using a synthetic brush as it is sort of water-y and will not lay nicely on the face.

dont get me wrong.. ive seen it do some nice things as i am ALWAYS at the makeup counters, but not that essential! i like their Magic Cream or Potion better. I am a huge fan of bare escentuals bare radiance or featherlight to get a nice glow!

on 11/19/2007 6:12:00 PM

i loveeee this powder!!! ive gone through so many of them! i use it with the prescriptives flawless skin foundation. i use the "red neutralizer" color just bc im asian and i have more of a yellow skin tone? i love how it feels and how it has a tiny hint of sparkly stuff in it that makes my skin look like its glowing! i dont think my skin has looked better since ive been using these 2 together... love it!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this product pretty regularly for the last couple of years. My old container went bad (wasn't cooling and started to smell) so I got a new one. I was lucky enough to find this at the CCO because it was $10 cheaper and wanted to write a review since I just got a brand new one. I love this product. My skin is dry but because the powder is water-based, it doesn't accentuate the dryness of my skin. It feels very cooling when you apply it (I use my Mac 187 brush). Some people have conplained that it's too shimmery and I disagree. I don't think that it's glittery at all. I think that it's very very finely milled shimmer that's packed with loose powder. I don't find that my skin looks too shimmery, it just looks flawless. I've received a bunch of compliments on how good my skin looks when I use this product and this is the best loose powder that I've ever used.

For reference, I buy Translucent, which looks light but actually is translucent (NC42).

EDIT: I used to love this but not so much anymore. It's been making me pores look larger and hasn't been giving me the flawless finish that it used to.

on 1/3/2007 12:08:00 AM

It wasn't really shimmery enough for me to use as a highlighter, but it was too shimmery to use anywhere else like my cheeks. I like the initial cooling sensation, but that's about the only thing I liked about this product.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am definately dissapointed. When I first used this, i just adored it! I got that cooling sensation that everyone raves about, gave me a subtle glow, and just really perfected my skin. However, after a few weeks it seemed to just "dry up". I have no idea what happened, I didn't leave it open or anything. It no longer gives me the cool, tingly feeling, now it just sits there. I just recieved this as a sample (although it was quite the hefty one, full size or close to it) so I didn't waste money, but if the sample dried up, I'm definately afraid of what the full size product would do! I'm thinking about going back to the perscriptives counter to see what's up. I really liked this when it WAS working...

I love Prescriptives but this just seems to be the most over-rated product ever. What bothers me is that the powder doesn't do anything. this just sits on top of skin no matter how little you put on. I'm not even sure of the purpose of this powder? It WON'T set foundation-- It doesn't sink in, it just sits on your skin.

on 10/27/2004 1:33:00 PM

Like this stuff a lot. I don't normally wear powder but I can do this.. feels great going on.

on 6/27/2004 12:27:00 PM

I have really grown to love Magic Liquid Powder. It adds a soft glow to the face without being sparkly or too pink. In the container, it is a translucent, flesh tone with a bit of pink iridescence. On the skin, it's translucent with just a hint of iridescence. It's definitely not sparkly.

I thought that this would be an actual "liquid" but it's more of a finely milled, soft, flowing powder. It feels cool to the skin when applied with a brush but the cooling sensation only lasts for a few seconds.

This is a great alternative to other loose powders because they can look chalky, while this one doesn't look chalky at all.

Good for any skin type but oily skin types may want to be careful - I don't see this powder absorbing much oil on the face. continued >>

on 6/23/2003 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

The cool feeling when the powder first goes on is nice, but this powder was too glowy for my oily skin.