Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.7

on 6/8/2009 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

All I noticed was the cooling sensation. I needed to put on way too much to even see that there was a difference. I definitely got fooled on this one!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is bizarre. When I first got it, I liked it well enough... although it seemed a bit cakey on my fave over makeup. Now that I've had it a few years it turned into a weird orange-y substance that is only about half the volume of the original amount. I guess perhaps I didn't have the lid on tight enough? Anyhow, it's and scary... and there's much better illuminating powders on the market (many by MAC). I won't repurchase.

on 2/25/2008 4:29:00 PM

This product really doesn't have a purpose at all. It doesn't have color, it doesn't set foundation, it doesn't control oil. It's really hard to see and is just a waste of money.

on 8/9/2007 11:23:00 PM

No really sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the texture turns jellyish in humid conditions. My mum bought this for herself and she keeps her products in the bathroom. She kept the cap pretty tight, but I guess some steam still got in, and the product turned into a lumps of jelly. If you squish it, it turns into water. This happened only after a few weeks of use. Why waste money on something like this?

on 7/12/2007 3:19:00 PM

When asked whether i would buy this product again, can i answer with a HELL NO????

OMG.This supposedly 'magic' powder is H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E.

Yes, it is finely milled, its soothing when applied, bla bla bla all that other nice thing and sure your face looks radiant.....ONLY FOR THE FIRST HOUR probably. Let me see...i applied right before i left for work and when i got to work and checked my face in the mirror, i could see it starts to get really cakey!!! The lines on my face that i'd never know existed appeared all over !! I had to wipe my face off with tissue(coz i'm at work and didn't have my makeup remover with me). My face looked so much better after i wiped it all off. It's really frustrating especially after you'd spent $36.50(w tax) and have high expectation of it.

I'm 26. Asian with tanned skin. Residing in Maryland,USA. I have normal/combination skin.

It's the summer right now and it is rather warm and humid so maybe the weather might have a little to do with it. But then again, with the suggested price, it shouldn't have made it looked like it's worth $1.

**Edited -- I've failed to mention earlier that i use krayolan foundation stick underneath the powder and have had no problems when i used it with krayolan loose powder. I'm going to try it with other foundation or not even apply any foundation and we shall see how it'll work!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm not sure what the point is to this stuff. all it did was highlight every pore and wrinkly on my face! yeah, the "cool" feel is interesting but I still don't get it. lol The sparkly stuff needs to be left to the teenagers...not us middle aged ladies. :)

I never really used this because it just made me look dirty. blek.

also, as much as I love loose powders, I WISH to heaven someone would come up with a container that is TRAVEL friendly. This stuff spills everywhere when it is opened after being thrown about in a suitcase aboard a plane. Not sure what the solution is.

on 2/17/2007 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Totally worthless. I got a tiny little sample jar when I bought my first Prescriptives foundation a few years ago, and I still have some. Mine still has the incredible wet feel to it but it also still makes me look like I'm with the band, except not in a "sexy tight jeans and dirty curls" way, more like a "sweaty from lifting equipment and doing blow off of a hooker's ass" way. Is that what you're going for? Because if you are, buy three.

on 1/23/2007 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I loved this product in the store when the saleslady put it on me, but of couse when I got it home and tried it in natural light the powder was too dark for me. I loved the cooling water feeling and that it did not dry out my skin at all, but I could never wear this. I wear just moisturizer and like to put a little powder over it, but when I put this powder over it, it turned orange. (Mac is one of the few brands I don't have this problem with). also, the coverage was not smooth. If you had more in one place than in another it was pretty obvious, and if you tried to touch/rub it with your finger it would leave lines behind. so basically, the cooling feeling was great but I would not recommend this to someone unless they had darker skin (I am pretty fair) and didn't use moisturizer.

on 1/3/2007 12:08:00 AM

It wasn't really shimmery enough for me to use as a highlighter, but it was too shimmery to use anywhere else like my cheeks. I like the initial cooling sensation, but that's about the only thing I liked about this product.

on 8/27/2006 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Out of all the many powders I have tried, this is my least favorite. I got sucked in by the sales pitch. The initial cooling sensation when it is applied was unique, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about it. The color isn't great at all. It just doesn't look natural on me at all. The powder doesn't wear well at all either. And as many reviewers have written, the brush is worse than useless. And that initial cooling sensation that Prescriptives uses to market the powder goes away once the powder gets a little old. And I don't just mean once it's applied, but it quits having that effect at all once the powder isn't new. I guess the water/moisture in it dries out once the packaging is open. I kept trying to give it chances thinking maybe it would grow on me or work better if I tried it different ways (with a better brush, with a puff, etc.), but it simply does not wear well. It's just not a good powder. I've used powders from the highest end to the lowest end, and I prefer all my low end powders (as well as my high end ones) over this. This product is all hype and no substance IMHO.