Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.7

on 6/26/2001 2:31:00 PM

I got this powder in the "blue magic" line. They call it Phosphorescent but it looks super light pink. It's completely skin perfecting. And when they say 'cooling', they aren't kidding, it almost knocked me over. In the store I was kind of impish about it, I couldn't tell much of a difference but when I got outside, it made me look like an angel. So I ran back inside! Had to have it. It's a little bit different than the translucent in that it reflects more light and gives you more of a dewy glow. I have pink undertones but this doesn't really make it more so, just a glow...kind of like baby skin. After reading that it will evaporate the SA told me that if it does start to diminish, take a spray bottle with MINERAL water (no other type of water, it will get goopy and smelly) and spray the powder at arms length and it will come back out. I haven't had to try that yet but I'm sure I will. I really love this stuff, it feels like silk. Well worth the $$!!!

on 7/13/2001 4:21:00 PM

The packaging for this product unbelievably intelligent. The way they house the brush is so cool, as is the product. Best on bare skin. On top of foundation it looks a little over kill. Great feel going on, settles soooo nicely, looks great even on my olive brown skin tone. Brightens face a little, just a nice product. $35 is a lot, but it's worth it in my opinion.

on 7/14/2001 1:35:00 AM

This is such a great product! Its one of my favorites. The powder is very fine and goes on so nicely. It just gives the nicest glow to the skin. I have light/med skin, so for me I apply this after foundation and it just looks like a nice glow.

on 7/31/2001 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this product in the Gray Nuetralizer. It gets rid of ashy dull looking skin and gives it a radiant healthy glow. I love the feel of the "wet" powder. It looks very nice. I think the brush on top is a waste of time. I do like this product even though it is overpriced.
*update* I have since tried the original formula. It can be found at most department stores or gloss.com where it retails for $32.50 for .98 oz. It is supposed to "An ultra-lucent water powder that works like a cooling mist to refresh the skin. Its soft optics diffuse light to minimize the appearance of lines and wrinkles and enhance the effects of foundation."
I like the feel of this on the skin when its fresh. My skin does look even but after a while the cooling effect stops and the product just evaporates away till you have none left. The brush on top is crappy and scratchy and a waste. I like this but would not repurchase.

on 8/25/2001 4:42:00 PM

I orginally got the Magic powder that was supposed to reduce redness, it's visbly very yellow, and though the SA promised it wouldn't look yellow on, it always did, so I took it back. Out of some weird loyalty to Prescriptives I exchanged it for the regular Magic powder and will now be returning this as well.

The powder is just too cakey, even without foundation underneath. I have normal skin, and this made it look dry. Used with foundation it's a disaster, making my face look super-fake and just frosted, cakey and weird.

It does feel great going on because of the liquid formula but overall I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

on 8/30/2001 8:12:00 PM

I am really enjoying this product as well as my other Px products... This is a nice feeling slightly shimmery powder that can be used all over your face, although I tend to keep it to cheeks/temples, and keep it off the T-zone (it's shiny enough!)... very pretty powder and great for adding sexy sheerness to shoulders, arms, wherever... Not quite as shimmery as Mac Silver Dusk...

on 10/26/2001 12:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I recently purchased the PX Magic Liquid Powder in Red Neutralizer (this is the yellow one). All I can say is... AMAZING!!! I do have natural yellow/golden undertones to my skin, but since my skin is also on the sensitive side, it tends to get slightly ruddy. A sheer dusting of this fabulous powder and my skin looks like that of a child! A beuatiful peaches and cream complection! I can honestly say that I will NEVER be without this powder! Highly recommended!!!

on 11/1/2001 7:37:00 AM

I knew this was 60% liquid... but I still got a shock when I dipped my powder brush in it and swiped it over my face. It was like splashing some cool water on! I quickly looked into the mirror thinking I"d see water droplets, but nope.

So yes, it is SO refreshing, perfect for summer or as a pick me up. The only thing I Found was that it gives NO coverage whatsoever, and doesn't really seem to 'light up' or 'illuminize' my skin. In fact, it looks like I haven't put on any powder. But it feels so awesome that I love it anyway ;)

on 11/18/2001 12:47:00 PM

This is so cool! I wear it the most in the summer, over just a light tinted moisturizer. It gives a great look. I'd really recommend this to everyone. It's not overly shimmery - just looking fresh.

on 1/15/2002 12:47:00 PM

got the translucent and WOW it really faked nice glowing flawless skin. but it took some trial and error to get there - first, you cannot use this over foundation, but only over bare skin . second, the little brush is cute but useless - use this with a regular big fluffy powder brush and enjoy your soft-focus skin. continued >>