Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

4.5

on 6/10/2009 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am now using nothing but Illuminating moisturizer by Stila (no. 1 disc:( .. ) the Sunsheen liquid powder in Light and then a pink blush. My skin has never looked better -- it glows with no shimmer. I look healthy and that is sometimes difficult on an NC15 skin! I love this look for summer!

on 9/11/2007 2:31:00 PM

Surprised to find that it consistently broke me out - Px liquid foundations don't, so I was hoping this would be ok as well.

The wet sensation is gimicky and the 'glow' looked too heavy even with a light hand.

on 12/20/2006 3:26:00 PM

I'm having a hard time believing anyone would try to use this powder over their whole face. I use it only as a highlighter on my upper cheek/eyebrow area. It was sold to me as a subtle hightlighter, as it's pearlescent, not sparkly. I'm 48 and don't need any sparkles on my face. This works like a dream. I've been using a bunch of Prescriptives products lately...good products, decent prices. I just can't imagine from the previous reviews how ridiculous this would look brushed everywhere...even on young skin. The wet/cooling effect IS gimicky, but harmless. I ignore it entirely. I've been obsessed with highlighters in the last couple months...I've bought inumerable ones...Clarins, Nars, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, Guerlain, etc. This is one of the best ones, and definitely a keeper...and at the rate I use it, it'll last well into my children's lifetime.

on 11/11/2006 6:30:00 PM

I really like this product. As other reviewers have mentioned you have to apply carefully. It seems to make my pores and fine lines less noticable (and almost nothing does this for me). I like the way it feels too. I'm not so positive about the packaging nor the price, but it won't stop me from purchasing again.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

This really is magic!! A loose powder that feels kind of wet going on. When I expressed curiosity at the counter she told me that "mostly young girls buy it." Oh my. What does she know? I am here to tell you that my no powder has ever done for my 53 year old complexion what this does. Really blurs the fine lines, (and the not so fine) gives a nice natural glow and does not look all dried out later. Everything else including the natural mineral makeup was disappointing for me. ( IMO mineral makeup is for "younger" skin.) Anyway, I will never use another kind of powder again. Magic Powder is beautiful alone or lightly dusted over regular foundation. Maybe not for everyone, but I for one am a hopin' and a prayin' they keep this product. Edit: The "wetness" dries up in the jar as you open and use it. Got too dry before I got anywhere near finishing it. Then it goes on drier looking like other powders. Rating stands as long as it's new.

on 3/2/2006 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Never heard of this product before but just browsing at the mall one Saturday and the salesperson talked me into a mini-facial and topped off with this powder. I've used very high-end loose powders all the way down to the drugstore brands. This is the best loose poweder I have used and would recommend to everyone. I have both fair and dry skin and got this in Translucient. I love the cooling affect it has on my skin and the secret to not looking white or pasty is to find your right color and not put too much on. The brush that came with it is worthless but I would say to invest in the Prescriptives Bronzer Brush for $35 - wow - well worth it and makes this powder go on flawlessly. The powder is light and it gives your skin a finishing touch that reflects the light. Again - I've used Bare Essentials, Avon, Mary Kay, Lancome, Benefit, etc., loose powders but this one tops them all. Thanks for the tip on keeping in the frig - to keep the moisture in the container.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I think this powder is wonderful !
I love the cooling effect. It also leaves my face with a nice finish. My pores aren't accentuated
like with many powders.

on 10/22/2004 7:27:00 PM

I am on my second container, I love this stuff. I enjoy the cool feeling when you first apply the powder, the coverage is just right and it has staying power.

on 9/30/2004 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just simply love this stuff. It goes on cool and feels wet. It adds a definite brillance and finish to my face. It has a way of playing with light, and creates a magical sparkle, depending on how the light is reflecting of your face.
A must have and a staple, I can't live without!

on 8/23/2003 12:40:00 PM

This lovely cooling powder does exactly what I wanted it to do: takes the red out and leaves a slight glow ( not shimmer --it's subtle). I use it in the summer in lieu of foundation and it does the trick for this 40+ skin. I like much better than TLeClerc which had a distinct perfume scent and created a mess whenever I opened it. LIke the other posters, I use the small brush when I travel and use a large brush at other times.
A winner from Px.