Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.9

on 9/17/2014 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I just gotta say if you have melasma or dark spots this is truly magic for hiding it!! I just noticed i have the evil "mustache" look of sun damage on my upper lip, have been playing around with concealers and everything makes it look worse!! But i found out this powder packed on was making my darkness less visible and bright!! I really said "wow magic" Im using A loreal serum to get rid of my dark spots, but it takes time and maybe they will never go away so im always gonna have this powder around!! So worth it!!!

on 3/31/2014 3:16:00 AM

Love this powder. I have used this powder for nearly 6 years. Freaked out when Px went out of business and was so happy when they came back. I will say that this powder is best for gals that don't really wear or need foundation but want a little bit of coverage or perfecting. It feels great, you don't even know you are wearing it and really brightens up your face.

I call this "good skin in a can". i've been using it for over 15 years! when they discontinued the line, I stocked up and bought 2. 2 cans lasted me 3 years - and that's with daily use. it is by far the best powder I have ever used, and it is a holy grail must have item in my collection!

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I'm glad this powder works so well for some, but I think it's ridiculously overpriced and gimmicky.

The cooling sensation is, well, "cool", but I don't know that it has any real benefit.

It may be the brush I was using, but the powder seemed to go on very unevenly and glittery, and left me with a finish that went from dewy to major oil slick in less than an hour.

If you have dry skin and like a dewy look, this powder might be perfect for you - women with oily skin, beware! I'll stick with my Bare Escentuals mineral veil.

on 6/8/2009 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This powder is great for those who have dry skin but still want to 'set' their make-up or who find their noses become unflatteringly shiny like me. I've used it in the lightest 'translucent' shade for years because it works so well, it doesn't emphasise lines, it diminishes pores until they disappear, and it adds a pearly gleam. I am not that keen on the pearly gleam as in strong sunlight it can build up, but that is nit picking, this works so well for me and I love it. So what if it cools the skin that is a bonus in the summer but it has far more to offer than that - if you remember to keep the lid screwed on well that is - if you have dry skin and want to know that your face wont melt off your make-up, or with me concealer, this works beautifully, I even use it around my eyes sometimes to give eyeshadow a base to cling to and last longer. This may also work well for oily skin as it does conceal pores, and mine are open on my nose, but with this they become invisible.

Other powders make me older - like a route map this just looks good and not dry or cakey, conceals lines, pores, it's great. As it's translucent it gives light coverage but I don't want coverage from a powder. Before I used this my mother (and others - sigh!) always complained about how dry my skin looked and that she wished I didn't use powder as it made my skin look older, dried up and awful. Now no-one notices my powder, I just get told I've lovely skin, enough said!

I noticed another reviewer has said quite rightly it can sometimes, when brand new stick into little dew like balls on the skin, is that the moisture in it - the coolant? I don't know but after five years of using this it doesn't bother me, a few days use and the product drys out, stops cooling and applies perfectly. If you get this problem, which I've only noticed occasionally, just leave the lid off for a day or two and it will work superbly and improve and enhance the look of your complexion.

I read a lot of negative reviews about this product but I happen to love this powder. I use it over the Traceless liquid foundation. I use a big brush and lightly dust my face with this powder and it gives my skin a shimmery look. It gives the illusion of perfect skin. I use to use MAC foundation but I always had to get new foundation for the winter or summer months. I can use this powder year round and I don't have the "made up" look. I received so many compliments when I started using this powder. I took away one lippie because the product is kind of expensive. So like one of the other members mentioned if you are looking for a powder that gives a lot of coverage this is not the one for you but if you are looking for minimal coverage this powder will not disappoint you.

on 10/30/2008 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

In this powders defense this is the first and only time I've tried it. In the jar, it looks very interesting and weird. It's like a wet, jellied powder. You can tell this is not your ordinary powder. I applied it this morning circa 8 am to set my foundation, yes the cooling effect was phenomenal, and I found it very easy to blend etc. At first glance it looked a tad whitish on my skin, so I'm not sure how translucent this is, but it did give a finished look. In the light (good old regular sunlight), it is shimmery and may be a tad much for some people, this was not a problem for me. Fast forward to 1 pm and the MU had practically melted off my face. This never happens to me, ever. I don't have a T-zone issue, or oily skin and besides I've tried numerous powders and this never happened, ever! The culprit?? I'll say it's the "wet" in the powder. Apparently my skin drank it up, with blush, highlighter, and bronzer all together, literally! Seriously all I had left was my eye MU. I can't imagine what else it could have been other than my face absorbing the moisture this powder left behind. I also noticed along my hairline there was a color shift. My foundation looked a little yellowish-don't know what all that was about, it's still a mystery. I will try again before I send it back and will edit posting if there was some drastic changes from my first trial. Should this fail me, I have my MAC hyper real pressed powder which is divine and therefore don't know why I was looking for another??? I suppose to confirm. Get this only if the store has an excellent and honorable return policy.

on 5/10/2008 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Magic powder is great to set makeup with, although, if you want a full coverage and plan on setting it with this, then I would rethink that, also not good for acne prone skin, The reason why I love this product is because of the finish it gives in photos, it looks great , this skin looks vibrant and full of life without looking shiny or oily, and I guess the cooling sensation is kinda cool too.

on 1/26/2008 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product! I've bought it about twice a year for the past few years. For me that's unusual because I'm always moving on to the next new product. I'm oily/acne prone so I only wear powder foundations like MUFE Duo Mat, Aveda, and MAC StudioFix which leave my face matte. I use Magic as a last step to add some glow to areas like upper forehead, chin, cheekbones. It really makes a big difference! I love it!!

on 12/11/2007 9:19:00 PM

I used this product over the Prescriptives Illuminating creme potion, as recommended by the sales lady. The two together provided a very light coverage. Great for a young girl or someone without a lot of imperfections. I need a heavier foundation.