Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.5

on 10/10/2009 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If I could I'd give this more of a 3.5. It's a lovely product and I like the finish- not matte and doesn't make me look like a bloody ghost. However I do seem to get a bit oily faster with this stuff- but that's easily fixed with blotting papers. I would buy it again, but only if I had the money to go towards it, as I find it a bit pricy.

on 2/25/2008 4:29:00 PM

This product really doesn't have a purpose at all. It doesn't have color, it doesn't set foundation, it doesn't control oil. It's really hard to see and is just a waste of money.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love how it feels on my skin. It's almost like water. It's not like other loose powders because it doesn't look too cakey. It's natural. However, it is very glittery which may be unflattering to some faces.

on 2/5/2007 4:21:00 PM

I must say im a bit undecided on this one. The selling point is awesome - it does really feel like water on your face! But i cant decide whether it makes my face look over shimmery or dewy. I also find that its not shimmery enough to use as a highlighter, but a tad overdone for all over the face.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am definately dissapointed. When I first used this, i just adored it! I got that cooling sensation that everyone raves about, gave me a subtle glow, and just really perfected my skin. However, after a few weeks it seemed to just "dry up". I have no idea what happened, I didn't leave it open or anything. It no longer gives me the cool, tingly feeling, now it just sits there. I just recieved this as a sample (although it was quite the hefty one, full size or close to it) so I didn't waste money, but if the sample dried up, I'm definately afraid of what the full size product would do! I'm thinking about going back to the perscriptives counter to see what's up. I really liked this when it WAS working...

on 11/3/2004 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This stuff is so cool! Literally...the cooling effect that it has on your skin is very nice. Breezy to use, mattifies my makeup without looking too matte (or dry), and nice packaging.

on 4/10/2004 7:27:00 PM

Cant decide whether I like this in powder or cream/potion?!

I wore the powder form for a while, and it only seems to be noticeable duriing a night out. It keeps me matte, and when I'm in the light, you see subtle shimmery skin. However, with the potion/cream compact I see a difference even in the day! The shimmery glowy effect is present from the moment I put it on. It does make my face look absolutely flawless!! But it gets oily at the end of the day and I feel like I'm always applying too much product.
ANYTHING from the MAGIC line is wonderful. I have near flawless skin, and I use Magic as a makeup base. I find it softens my skin tone and it looks dewy.

on 12/27/2003 8:12:00 PM

I have great skin to begin with, and I use their concealer and Traceless on my skin for work. It's pretty expensive, but it does bring a soft focus on to your skin. At first, I tried it on and it made my skin look ext. dry. Then after playing with it, and using less of the product, it started to grow on me. This product sinks in, and soon melts in with the face creating that finished look. It's not like other loose powders that conceals every freckle, or mark but it does bring a light on to your face. It creates a radiance but doesn't look oily. It's great for occasions where you want to look like you've got your makeup done professionally. Make sure your foundation isn't cakey or this powder has a tendency to sink right into those lines. Abit overpriced, but you really only need alittle. *and yes- it does feel cool when you put it on.

on 9/4/2003 1:44:00 AM

I bought this after trying it out at the Px counter. The brush was totally useless in doing its job and I used my own powder brush for this. I have combination skin so I only used this over my cheeks which are a little dry.
It's a bit of a hassle to use as you need to screw the cap TIGHTLY after use so it aint good if you are in a rush. They should actually redesign the packaging.
I used this powder as a setting after applying cream blusher[Stila's push ups blusher] and after applying this it makes the blush look lighter and not so red.
Overall an average powder but I dont see how it does the finishing touch for my makeup but it does create a blurry effect for pores.

This is a cool product... ha ha ha. Seriously though, this is a good product. Great if you like finishing your look with a light powder, especially if youre afraid of being too trashy shimmery. But for those of us that arent big powder people, this is a bit of a splurge. I like it, but not enough to buy again.