Garnier Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Serum [DISCONTINUED]

Garnier Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Serum [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

I bought this to use as a primer because I didn't expect it to do much else. Plus, it smelled good which is always a great bonus.
It works great as a primer - makes the skin supple and smooth and flake-less. But I also noticed that with regular use (daily), my skin has become considerably brighter and clearer. I have almost no splotches anymore (and this seemed impossible with NW10 skin). It prevents (or at least, doesn't cause) breakouts and soaks into the skin instantly. I'd buy this again for sure...not moisturizing enough to be a daily moisturizer but definitely beneficial.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I am so surprised at the mis match of reviews on this product, it just goes to show that one product might work for some, but maybe not for others. FOR ME: I love this, I have dry skin and this serum instantly absorbs and locks in moisture, such a god sent! Ive noticed over time my skin has become alot smoother and softer in combination with other garnier products. I use this more so for a PRIMER for my foundation has a similar texture and no need for moisturizing before applying primer, which I love!! less time needed for face rountine. It does have a strong scent more than other moisturisers but really it is quite pleasant. I love this, a great affordable moisturizer/serum/primer in one.

on 7/14/2009 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This stuff has done nothing noticeable for my skin. I use it at night after I wash and apply the equally useless eye cream. I then apply my ROC night therapy and a light moisturizer.

I have tried this stuff alone, with other products...its just doesn't seem to have any effects whatsover.

I am glad it works for some people but compared to my Origins serum this just doesn't cut it.

My skin is often left sticky not smooth and it occasionally stings. Would not rebuy. This is my fourth item from this line and my results have been mediocre to unoticable with each item. Each one I try is worse than the next. I wish I had saved my money or my receipt! I will not be trying anymore of this line as it clearly does not work for me personally.

on 3/9/2009 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i am oily/combo/sensitive, and i love this serum for all the reasons of other reviewers. it doesn't break me out or make me greasy, makes my skin look bright and pores small. great under makeup and before bed. i bought this a while back while looking for affordable vitamin C serum. i was worried bc my skin can be sensitive, so the fragrance scared me. but i dove in...and don't regret it. great packaging too...nothing fancy but totally functional in a plastic bottle and pump that never clogs. i am afraid though, that Garnier is discontinuing this bc it seems to be REALLY hard to find. please don't d/c this Garnier, it very well could be my HG! *****EDIT: and Garnier did it, discontinued this. :( oh well, i have 2 full bottles and already found a decent substitute (Biore dual fusion moisturizer/sunscreen) so i'm not completely heartbroken.

on 6/12/2009 7:13:00 PM

I LOVE this product! I apply it in the morning under tinted moisturizer and at night under the Garnier Nutritioniste Overnight Cream. This serum is really amazing. Within just a few days of using it, I noticed a big improvement in my skin--it was much softer and glowing. I have very sensitive skin, and this stuff doesn't irritate it at all. It feels great on my skin. It has a strong scent, but I find it pleasant. Since starting to use this product about a year ago, I've started getting a lot of compliments on my skin. It's the best!

This did nothing for my skin at all no Glow no improvement what so ever! on the back of the bottle it said that it can be used as a makeup primer and its PERFECT for that. keeps my foundation on ALL day with no oily skin or fading/blotching. Will buy again as a primer. I rate it a 5 for the primer use only.

I've been using this as my moisturizer lately (had used it before when I was following Paula B), and I think I'll definitely be keeping it. I don't use it for its fancy anti-oxidant properties or whatever, but just to keep my face from getting dry. I use it with my regular cleanser and my new Neutrogena Deep Clean toner, and it doesn't aggravate excess oil production at all! I have teeny amount of oil on nose, but my cheeks and the rest of my face feels just right--not dry and tight, and not like I just smeared Crisco all over it either.

UPDATE (4/4/09): Oh, hell no! They better not be discontinuing this! I still love this product. Even after trying out two other moisturizers when I ran out of my first bottle of Garnier, they couldn't compare. One of them was even that new Biore moisturizer in the dual pump bottle (yes, I got sucked in too). I actually came back to using this serum instead. That's what I get for fixing what ain't broke! Hehe!=0) And for those of who love this now hard-to-find product as much as I do, you can still buy it at CVS. continued >>

on 2/2/2009 9:43:00 AM

Double edit... okay... I've weighed this against the Aveeno serum and I like Aveeno much better! So, I took off two lippies!

Edit... I was reviewing the wrong product... the one that I was looking at was the aging serum. I now have the product above and I'm in love! My skin is looking smooth, clearer (still a few small bumps on my forehead) and moisturized. I love this product. And the smell is fantastic... so the review below is for the aging serum and know that i returned it.
******************************************************************
I'm on the fence about this product.
Pros
Small bumps have vanished from my forehead. - definite PLUS!
Complexion seems a bit more even-toned.
No visible breakouts after a few days of use.
Cons
Sticky film after putting it on.
Strong fragrance that is very masculine.

I'll update how I feel about it after I've used it for a while.

on 11/26/2008 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this as a sample and came on here to read about what others thought b.c I am thinking of purchasing a full time bottle. I really like it, this is the skin renew daily regenerating serum, this was the closest review that I could find to it.
It's light, not oily and feels great on your skin, i've been using it at night before I go to sleep to hydrate my skin a bit after I wash it.

on 12/19/2008 7:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I absolutely adore this serum. I have been using it for a little over a year (in addition to the Skin Renew lotion and Ultra Lift night cream) and I have noticed a huge improvement in my skin. My skin is softer, smoother, and much more radiant. I am a very pale woman, but I always get compliments on how "perfect" my skin appears. I'm not sure if it's perfect, but it's come a long way. I use this under moisturizer/makeup every morning, and then again under night cream in the evening. Miracle product!

Popular Face Skincare Products