Biotherm Bronze Magic

No Image

3.5

on 1/27/2007 3:52:00 PM

I worked for Biotherm for many years & it's funny, it wasn't until I was leaving the line that I finally tried the Self Tanners. What a shame, because they are fantastic!

The Bronze Magic for Face is in a nice upright tube. That means you will get all the product out (because at that price, you want to). It is a slightly slippery gel when initially applied, but that extra slip feels really nice on facial skin and absorbs quickly. There are very fine sparkles in the product that you don't see once it is on (it is supposed to "diffuse light" so you can go out without makeup & still look radiant). It gives you a bit of natural glow without being gaudy. Best part, of course, the wonderful, natural brown color you get with it. The only thing I found was that when using it on the face, because you tend to exfoliate your face just naturally more (even just using a washcloth/cleanser routine), the color doesn't last as long as on the body. That's not a product fault though. The smell fairly strong, but is nice.

This is the big negative - the Bronze Magic Body Spray is not good. Maybe it's been discontinued. It smells to high heaven. It is in a spray bottle that is difficult & I didn't find you could achieve good results with - the spray is streaky. Although the few times I could get it right, 'cause it dries so quickly you can't even spread it, it IS a good color. It tends to fade quickly & can fade a bit "lizardly".

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This stuff worked wonders on my friend's pale legs, but did nothing for me. I did 2 coats and got a very light orange colour. What really turned me off, though, was the smell. Awful. Really, really awful. And it lasted a really long time. The smell, that is.

on 8/7/2003 1:47:00 AM

made me look way orange
nuff said continued >>

on 7/13/2003 11:04:00 PM

I love this face self-tanner! I have oily skin and this feels a little greasy after I put it on but no breakouts! There is an SPF and non-SPF version (I use the non-SPF for night so I get a nice colour). I've tried the Clarins tinted face tanner but I didn't see any difference. Go for the Biotherm!

on 6/16/2003 2:25:00 PM

I've used this twice so far (need to build up colour) but the shade is natural looking on me- my arms were darker than my legs, and this helped even them out. They are pretty much the same colour now, which is great.

It soaks into skin quickly- no staining on clothes. Nice fragrance, not overpowering. All in all a great product.

on 5/26/2003 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Color looks very bronzy in artifical light which is quite nice but in daylight it comes off a bit orangey. Color lasts up to 1 week. ed: This stuff is smelly in a bad way. I dunno if I'd repurchase cuz I want to try out other spray tanners.

on 9/30/2002 6:20:00 PM

I have never had any mishaps with this tanner. The colour does need a few coats to be noticable, but it isn't orange or dirty looking. The final result is natural and brown (and it makes your skin feel good)

on 4/9/2002 7:47:00 PM

I love the face gel, even though my skin is very light I get a natural, sun-kissed color. You have to use it for a while before you get any color though, and it does take forever to dry. But it still is the best face self-tanner I've ever tried.
Don't like the body spray much - the color looked a bit unnatural on me, and I prefer lotions to sprays as they're easier to apply. Color did appear quickly though, and the spray absorbed very quickly. continued >>