Avon creme to powder foundation

Avon creme to powder foundation

3.1

on 4/2/2018 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Firstly, the packaging is a nice lightweight box containing a sponge, a mirror and the product. It isn't a classy box, but is light! The colour is the best thing I found. Shell is a delicate peach pink ecru which over my pale beige complexion brings out the underneath warmth. I have one of those colours which although some may call olive, but is more like I have a very light non-yellow tan... my veins show green but I find yellow based foundation makes me look terribly ill, and some foundations on the pinky beige spectrum are a dreadful putty which oxidises to grey.
I wish manufacturers would realise that I would rather be pink than orange, or peach than grey!
Anyway, the cream to powder does not result in a powder finish at all. It stays cream. As I have normal very fine skin, this is okay. I powder over it with translucent Coty powder and the effect is very light and pretty.
I like the product as it is a sweet colour, but without the powder it feels a smidgey bit oily.
I mixed it with a light reflecting Maybelline foundation for a party and it looked lovely with a gold shimmer powder on my cheekbones.
It is very nice for every day but you will need a concealer for under eyes. I just LOVE the fact they do SHELL. Mine cost £9 on Amazon.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Let me say this!!!! This foundation IS NOT FOR PEOPLE WITH OILY SKIN!!! This is a foundation for dry skin. Trust me on this, save the money, and go buy the revlon colorstay (best mascara for oily skin.)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I use this foundations for touch ups only. I find the packaging great for my handbag and the compact mirror handy for on the go touch ups, The only issue I have with this is that I find it's sticky and rubs off. But I will keep using this product for as I said its the best for on the go touch ups

on 5/30/2011 5:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love this foundation. Bought it a few weeks ago from the Avon catalogue and despite being a little dubious about it, tried it out. I got the second lightest shade (cannot remember the name, sorry) and it was an exact match to my skin.

I have to say though, it is so important to moisturise before using this, as it slings to any dry skin and makes it obvious.

Otherwise, this is a fab foundation, and coming from Avon, incredibly cheap.

on 2/25/2009 9:15:00 PM

Overall, I love this foundation. It looks awesome on my skin and covers up discoloration. It also looks incredibly natural compared to many other foundations I've tried. The only bad part is that after 5 hours or so, my skin starts to get oily, and I have to re-apply it because I get shiny....but besides that, I will keep coming back to this foundation.

on 10/10/2008 10:36:00 PM

I have dark circles so i need a good foundation as well as concealer out of all the foundations ive tried this is my favourite! Ive been using it for about a year and will keep on using it, although Avon seem to keep uping the price each year so I just stock up when its on sale! It fits in by bag so I can do quick touchups if I need it and it goes on so easily and is quite light with good coverage and comes with a sponge and is a mirror compact. But I think you have to find the right shade for it to work well for you, I use ivory which is the lightest shade, overall..I love it!

This product would just go an ok in my book. It covers well, but I couldn't find a shade that matched my skin tone, nothing about it overly excited me. The best thing that I can say about it is that it fits into a makeup bag well. Other than that it is just ok.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

nice cream to powder foundation with medium to full coverage. i was between shades as there are not too many, and it did tend to splotch and require reapplication when my skin got a little too oily in the summer. overall a nice product, but can be a little messy on oily skin.

on 5/10/2006 3:47:00 PM

NO, not for me! I have oily skin yet this makeup dried ME up! Personally, I have had lots of difficulty with avon in finding an appropriate foundation shade, as well.

This product did not work for me. It does not cover well and looks blotchy on. This one was very disappointing.