L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray

L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray
Elnett Hairspray

3.1

I had read so many good reviews on this hairspray (used by proffesionals on models,movie stars blah blah blah). I have bought many hair care products both expensive and cheap, I come away dissapointed. I wanted something with a tad more hold than what I had been using, so I got the strong hold. THE SMELL, OMG. THE SMELL!! It smelled like an old can of Rave from the 80's had fermented. It also dried my hair out. I will not try this a 2nd time due to the smell. Guess I will be keeping my Garnier #2 hold and spot sray with Paul Mitchell freeze and shine.

on 8/4/2017 5:54:00 PM

I hate this hairspray... It is mediocre at best and smells like your churched up granny

on 4/1/2017 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Wow, I didn't know this was so popular here. I know it has that classic iconic status, but I think there are better out there. For me, nothing beats the Chi one. This one doesn't keep my babyhair and stubborn single hairs that use to stick out of my bun at place. Also, L'Oreal isn't cruelty free, so I wouldn't repurchase this. I don't mind the smell though, I didn't even notice it as much as some reviewers describe.

Pro:
- solid hold

Con:
- not cruelty free
- package a bit too old lady like in my opinion
- doesn't do the best job at keeping frizzy hair in place

I am fully aware of Elnett's legendary status as the hairspray of the gods. That's why I bought it. It is iconic. It is beloved. It comes in a gold bottle. So how can it be this awful? The smell, my goodness, the smell. It made me smell like an old lady. Mind you, I think old ladies are delightful creatures. My grammy was an adorable, red-haired Marilyn Monroe. Helen Mirren has achieved a level of sophistication and elegance that I pray to reach one day. Dame Judy Dench, come on, she is so damn cool. There are many very cool old ladies. However, I do not wish to smell like an old lady. And Elnett smells like old ladies in the worst, most depressingly pervasive way. That stench stuck to my hair like sweaty thighs on a vinyl car seat. The odor gave me a sick, paranoid feeling all day at work, not conducive to awesomeness. I kept thinking that every time my cute high ponytail swished that people could smell the sad scent of advanced years on me. I ain't that old yet, and when I am that old, I plan to smell like rich suede, gardenias, tobacco, and old books. Which is to say I will smell wonderful, not like Elnett. Not ever like Elnett. I used it once and threw that junk in the trash. I cannot comment on its performance as a hairspray since I was distracted by its stench. There were two good things: the bottle is lovely, even in the trashcan, and I bought the small bottle for $13 at Ulta. I suppose a $13 lesson isn't that bad.

on 9/7/2016 7:20:00 PM

Unbelievable hold hairspray throughout all seasons! Superior salon quality, without a heavyweight feel or texture.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This hairspray delivers a fine aerosol mist which is okay for soft hold, still gives your hair movement but if you are looking for strong hold I'd recommend going with a pump dispenser formula. Elnett has a slight scent to it, nothing offensive, but reminiscent of typical aerosol type hairsprays. I find this on the pricey side. Maybe because I have a lot of thick curly hair it is just too much to ask for any product to really wow me in terms of control, so I can't knock it for much more than the cost.

on 5/22/2016 7:28:00 PM

This hairspray is good, but not great. It didn't live up to my high expectations. It works fine, holds style and gave my curls a boost (I used the volumizing). However I did not find that I could brush through it easily. It was sticky and stiff. I'd probably buy it again though.

I don't use hairspray often but when I do, I like to use this. Does what it's supposed to and I actually like the smell. Like a reviewer said before me, it smells like the 1980's, which is a good memory for me. The can looks cool and retro on my dresser as well.

Best hands down. People are tripping on here. Even if it's the small ones from France or the American ones they still are the best ever. They can't fly the real Elnett here because they are highly flammable. But I have only use those once, the rest of the time I get them at some Wal-marts for a steep 10$ USD. They are kinda hard to find now. They comb out ability is amazing if you don't wash you hair alot...Or if you hair tangles like the Dickens and is damaged, you gotta be easy and gentle ya know. Lol. I also hate it if my boyfriend can't run his hand through my hair. That's sucks...
It doesn't leave residue, or flakes. It doesn't dry out hair either. The shine is what I love about this hair, it leaves hair super shiny. And absolutely not crunchy or unnatural. It's perfect.
I use this to set curls, or when I blow out my hair and it holds my hair all day.I love this for updos and braids. It's got amazing hold for not making hair hard and stiff. I used this when I go out. I figure this would be a five star rating on here. How sad.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm surprised this hairspray isn't rated higher. Hairspray is problematic because different people expect different results, and by nature it can be damaging to hair because all contain alcohol denat. I grew up using the cheap white rain hairspray, and wanted to try a better quality one. Even though they all contain similar ingredients, I don't know...I've seen much less damage using this hairspray. In fact, my hair has added shine, and less frizz. The hold is decent. If you want a superstrong hold & you have fine straight hair, try a stronger hairspray. I also use this as a texturizer. My history with hairsprays is pretty short, because I don't use them everyday, but White Rain dried out my hair, Aussie embarrassed me b/c the ridiculously fruity smell followed me & filled up rooms. Even though this does smell like cheap perfume, it goes away. This lives up to the hype for me.