Skintimate SkinTherapy Lotionized Shave Gel

Skintimate  SkinTherapy Lotionized Shave Gel
SkinTherapy Lotionized Shave Gel

Price: $

Price: $

Water/ Eau, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Sunflower Seed Oil Glyceride,Isopentane, Sorbitol, Stearic Acid, Isobutane, Lanolin Alcohol, PVP, Tocopheryl Acetate, Peg-90m, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Fragrance/Parfum, Titanium Dioxide, Red 40

on 1/16/2019 12:14:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have used the Dry Skin formula for years and years now. This is an affordable shave gel that foams well and allows me to get a smooth shave without skin irritation.

on 4/10/2014 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I have the ivory-colored, vanilla-scented version of this "lotionized" gel. It's really thick and rich and creamy and works very well. Normally I don't use shave gel because my body wash works just as well and I don't need an extra step but I got this for free after my coupons so what the heck. My only complaint is the packaging: the bottom is painted so it doesn't rust, but the rim of the can rusted the plastic cap onto it which is a first IME. I had to scrub the rust off with a brush to remove the cap. So don't leave the can in your shower like I did. And when I rinse it off, my tub becomes super-slippery.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this at Ulta, and there's not a lot to choose from in terms of shaving products there, so I went with this one. I like Skintimate in general and this one is "Lotionized". I used it with my Schick Hydro Silk razor (which actually is recommended on this Skintimate can!). I felt the two worked well together, but didnt feel it was anything special compared to other shave creams or even a noticeable difference with other Skintimate shave gels...would repurchase but still in love with Bliss and Kiehl's!

Gives a smooth shave a little moisture. A little goes a long way so a can lasts a while.

on 1/20/2013 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this with the hopes that I'd get a smoother, cleaner shave than I do with my schick intuition, and so that my skin wouldn't be so dry afterwards. It works as well as any shaving cream. Nothing special. It is an unnecessary purchase for me so I probably won't be buying again.

Pros: Smells nice, does give a slightly closer shave (especially if your razor blade is on its last legs) and lets you see where you've shaved. Unlike many other shave gels, this doesn't contain Sodium Laurel Sulfate!

Cons: Not really as moisturizing as I had hoped, but I've never had much luck with moisturizing shower products that you end up washing off before you get out, so I wasn't really expecting much. It probably is less drying than if you use soap, but I don't. Also, the can rusts when sitting in the shower, so that's annoying. It's also more expensive than men's shave gels (Barbasol is, like, a dollar) but the ingredients seem better.

on 5/24/2012 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I generally just use whatever body wash or bar soap I'm currently using to shave with but once in awhile I get the urge to try a shaving cream. I picked up this one (the dry skin formula in the pink can) because I liked the sound of it being "lotionized". My legs are very dry. This product starts out as a thick, pink gel and turns to a very thick cream. It feels luxurious going on and has a nice, light, powdery scent. It seemed like it would perform well but I swear it sucked every bit of moisture out of my already parched skin. Even a fresh blade would drag terribly. Very disappointed in this and glad it was cheap. I used up the can but I will not repurchase.

on 1/11/2011 3:46:00 AM

I have this in the Dry Skin formula in the pink can and it's great! Absolutely no complaints. The scent is neutral, it lathers well and has not resulted in any nicks or cuts.

on 11/16/2010 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

Love it! I have the one for sensitive skin. Smells soooo good, goes on smooth, nice , and creamy. If silky smooth legs are a must for you, please buy this product.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

After years of using Skintimate's other shave gel scents, especially the Raspberry Rain scent, I decided to look for a scent that wasn't overly strong, unlike their fruit scents. I needed to find one that wouldn't compete with my better scented lotions/fragrances. Unlike the raspberry, this shaving gel has a light, clean, baby powder-like scent. It works with, not against, the other scented products. It also doesn't dry out my skin - very important for someone like me who has very dry skin, especially in winter.

on 10/17/2010 11:23:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This works as well as any shaving cream--I don't think there are big differences in the performance of shaving creams--and it's not the kind of thing I would normally take the time to review, but I loooove the smell of the "baby soft" version. It just has a nice, cheap, 70's drugstore musk scent that for whatever reason makes me feel deeply nostalgic.

Popular Body Skincare Products