MAC Cherish Lipstick

MAC Cherish Lipstick

4.1

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Ok, so this lipstick, while being a beautiful swatch on my hand is not so gorgeous on my lips. It pains me to admit this, but it is true. I was gifted this a few years back, and in a way it was my first MAC lipstick ever. But being a girl of a deeper skin tone (like a caramel brown) it seems to wash me out and looks awful on top of the corners of my lips which are pretty pigmented. The finish of this lipstick is pretty though.

At the moment I mainly just use it to lighten any other lipstick I want. or to highlight the centre of my lips for a more fuller look.

on 7/25/2016 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Cherish is a beautiful, satin-finish, slight pink/nude lipstick. I bought it on a whim a few months ago while on the endless quest for the perfect nude for my complexion. I really liked how it swatched on my arm but was horrified at how light it showed on my lips when I tried it out at home! I cannot wear it alone, however with a neutral, brown or burgundy liner Cherish becomes the perfect nude color for me! I don't have to completely fill in my lips with liner to get my desired effect, just a light lining of the lips.

I love the finish, it feels so light and moisturizing on my lips, without having a sticky or gloopy feel. It seems to be a great mix between a cream-sheen and matte formula. I also use it as a mixing color with my darker lipsticks and it works beautifully.

I'm still looking for the perfect nude lipstick color for me that doesn't need a liner to make it work but this one is still a keeper.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I actually had this in my stash awhile but it's a re-found treasure!! I read that Selena the singer this was 1 of her fave colors so I broke it back out again after seeing that she's getting a promoted collection in Oct 2016 so I had to go find this in my collection, & I'm so happy I did! This is a gorg brown nude. It goes so good w spice lipliner, or the long DC CremeStick Beurre if u still have it (I'm not too sure many do!!), but spice lipliner was the 1st lipliner I ever got from MAC back in 1996 so it made me happy to find a lipstick I can wear w Spice lipliner! I love this w any nudetrals eyeshadow for a sexy 60s Bridget Bardot look or even JLO lips I get a plumping look from this unbelievably love the satin finish. 20 years later still rocking spice lipliner!!! <3

on 4/25/2016 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you have tried Velvet Teddy and felt it is too dark, too purple or too "euw" on your skintone, and just not charming at all... Meet Cherish. She's Velvet Teddy's older sister. Even though she is extremely pretty and very fun to be around, she doesn't have that many friends, because her little sister is busy taking up her spotlight. Velvet Teddy is also very pretty, but a lot of her friends actually don't like her, because she looks horrible with pale skin... But she's friends with Kylie Jenner, so people tend to look past it and act like they like her...

Cherish should get sooo much more attention than she's getting. If you have pale skin, she looks AMAZING, like your perfect MLBB nude. I love her and have almost finished up my first tube. When I'm tan, she's a bit too light for MY taste, but she has that kind of charm that is just... Perfect. She's Satin finish, which is my favorite formula also.

If you like this shade, and it's just like mine, a perfect nude, I also recommend Dior Grége Lipstick for when you're tanned! SO PRETTY LIPSTICK, and if you mix the tho of them together... Well, you can wear heaven on your lips even when you're tan!

Give Cherish some love people, and if you try her on at a MAC counter, I'll assure you, you won't look at that Velvet Teddy ever again!

on 12/8/2015 8:31:00 PM

This is the most amazing lipstick I have ever owned.
It suits my skin so well, like completely different to other nudes. The finish on it looks amazing. It doesn't last 24 hours but the lasting time is good, and seen as it is permanently on my person I am always topping up.
Hands down, the best MAC lipstick I own, would buy again and again as my holy grail lipstick.

on 11/21/2015 1:24:00 PM

My go-to everyday warm nude. The perfect shade, great formula, long-lasting.

on 9/5/2015 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Soft muted peachy beige. Looks good with Mac Spice lip liner and a gloss. Your lips will look plump and juicy. Main downside is the lasting power isn't so great.

on 6/25/2015 2:25:00 PM

This is The One. Not only is the shade exactly what I've been looking for, but it's a MAC Satin, which is amongst my favorite lipstick formulas of allllll time. Really makes me wonder why it took me so long to find you, Cherish.

I have light olive skin running cool in winter, warm in summer. My overall coloring is very similar to Christine's from Temptalia - so if yours is too, check out her pic/review to see what it will look like on you. I've been through a lot of nude lippies, a lot of them terrible, some good, some great, none perfect. Cherish isn't perfect either, but it's close. The shade is a fairly light peachy nude. It doesn't really translate as "peach" per se, but you can tell those tones are there, and it creates a warmer nude lip look than most of what's currently out there. It's a '60s beach bunny vibe with a dash of Kardashian (I'm sorry for that...) vs. Instagram deathly hallows nude. Idek if I'm making sense haha.

Anyway, the formula is opaque and covers my pigmented lips easily. It can run a bit close to the actual color of my skin, but the peachy tones don't lend that ghost lips pallor - a liner looks really good with this one. The wear is where the magic's at though. MAC Satins last a fairly long time on me, and settling into lip lines and emphasizing lip flaws is minimized with this formula, which is something that's a real bitch to figure out with nude lipsticks. (And not something I can say of the MAC Matte formulas. Looking at you, Kinda Sexy, you could've been my one true love.)

When I was trying this on at the MAC counter, I was waffling about getting it. I nervously asked the glamazon sales associate if it was too light, and without batting a false eyelash, she nodded her approval and muttered an "I actually really laaaahve it." That's all the convincing I needed.

This is my #1 fave MAC lipstick. It is underrated in terms of hype or rave reviews about it. I've never seen or heard a youtuber apply or talk about this color. it is an older MAC color because I did purchase this about 5 years ago and I'm due for yet another tube of this.

why i love it:
- Cherish is the perfect nude color. there is no hint of pink underneath. It is a browner nude which I have found to be more flattering on me. I am fair-skinned with cool skin undertones so not all nude or pink lipsticks look great on me. I have 5 pink lipsticks that are just not the right shades because of my undertones.
- this color, like most nudes, are wearable on an everyday basis, or can be worn for special events with a dramatic eye.
- on days, mostly for work, when I can't decide what to put on my lips, I put Cherish on. it is ALWAYS in my bag. always
- the satin finish is flattering. if it came in another finish, it would be a hot mess.

Great nude without looking like I'm sick or have foundation on my lips.