Obagi CLENZIderm MD

4.1

on 4/8/2016 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

When I was 16-17, my esthetician introduced me to this line for acne. For the first months, I had less acne when I was using this product, but it left my skin really dry. I later developed an allergy to the Benzoyl Peroxide in the lotion. My face was covered in itchy rashes that lasted several days. If you want to try this product out, I suggest using a good moisturizer because it will make your skin dry like sandpaper.

on 3/23/2016 11:45:00 AM

This review is for the three step system.
I used the wash, toner and cream.
It burns, like someone is peeling the top layer of your skin, I thought that it was because it was working but all this did was dry out my skin, peel and cause extreme redness. As I used the product the acne did not stop and eventually with the dry/peeling skin I only broke out more. Wearing make up was impossible because my skin peeled all day and the make up would come off as I peeled it. I purchased two of the three step systems and did not see a positive change on my skin. I wouldn't buy this three step system again, I wouldn't mind paying the 100.00 if the items actually worked but unfortunately this did work out for me.

To Read all 79 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/31/2016 1:00:00 AM

This is a review for the obagi clenziderm cream cleanser.
A lot of people claim that cleansers aren't the most important step in their skincare routine, that it's on their face for such a minimal period of time that there's no way an expensive cleanser will have any long term effects but i truly beg to differ. This product revolutionized the way I felt about cleansers. I'm no dermatology expert but i feel that when my skin is getting a good thorough clean, that still manages to maintain the vital moisture of my skin, I rarely break out. This cleanser has retexturized my skin, made it feel smoother, prevented clogged pores, brought pimples to a head swiftly and basically been my one stop shop for exfoliating, moisturizing and toning. Let me rephrase this: I do still moisturize areas where I feel I am prone to flakes but I don't moisturize every inch of my face because this cleanser keeps the 'normal' areas of my face well hydrated and smooth.

With MSM + this cleanser, I have truly conquered my fears of getting incredibly close to people, for fear of my skin being a disturbing distraction.

Thank you obagi!

PS; I tried the original cleanser and that was terribleeeeeeeeee but the clenziderm cream cleanser is truly a lifesaver.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a really good acne cleanser. I struggle with acne & acne scars but when I first used this system, I had a couple pimples forming & it completely stopped them from their tracks. I was so amazed on how I wasn't getting anything for a couple days cause I normally always wakeup with new pimples but I went to the beach & I started breaking out again but It was probably because I was eating a lot of junk food but this system actually dried the new pimples up faster. It REALLY dries out your skin & makes it flaky. Mine started flaking up & it was gross but I recently got the clarisonic mia 2 so it takes care of that. I only use the benzol peroxide cream at night cause it tingles my skin. So far I've been using this system for about a month & my pimples have eased down. Now I'm just trying to get my acne scars to go away.

Update: I stopped using this system & my acne came back. You need to continue to use this in order to keep your acne away & the complete system or it won't work. I just use the cleanser but not even that works. It dries my skin up too much & that doesn't look good with Makeup on /:

on 1/19/2014 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this!!! It cleared up my teenage acne for the most part, though I naturally get a pimple here and there. I can't say the same for acne marks though. I'd recommend steady tretinoin use on that! Please give this a go if you have acne troubles! It's extremely professional, and good on most people. It's for whiteheads and blackheads and all that, so it doesn't apply to hormonal acne.

on 11/28/2013 9:29:00 PM

This stuff is such a lifesaver, works better than anything else I've used before. 100% worth the price in my opinion. I have pretty oily skin and I mostly get those really deep, big, under-the-skin pimples you can feel coming. I first started using the entire set about a year ago and my skin started looking and feeling better within the first couple of days. I started off only using the benzoyl peroxide once a day and then moved into using it morning and night. It did make my skin noticeably flaky/red in certain areas, but it was worth it.

Long story short, the vast majority of those big pimples I used to get stop coming up. This stuff is also one of the few things that can completely stop a pimple in its tracks. I now only use the BP since the whole set is a little expensive, but the BP completely gets the job done. I still get pimples, but they're in much less quantity, so it's nothing concerning. I'm so grateful the BP has been working for over a year now.

I stopped using the BP after I couldn't find it and went on vacation for a few weeks, and instead used some lower-quality BP that I'd ordered online. I started breaking out more and realized how important this stuff is at keeping my skin clear. I recommended any obagi products to my cousin and now she's hooked on Obagi products too! Finally I can focus on college and I'm no longer constantly upset and stressed about my skin.

After the worst breakout of my life from trying the oil cleansing method, NOTHING could unclog my pores. Then I went to visit my sister, who is a nurse, and after taking one look at my skin, she ran off to the hospital and came back with this cleansing system. Even half priced I have to pay $80 for it, but it is the best $80 I've ever spent. It cleared my skin in about two weeks, and after three months of suffering that terrible breakout, I'm so thankful to have my beautiful skin back! Talk about a HG product!

I have never written a review of a product on here, but I felt compelled to do so for Clenziderm. I got a facial at a medical spa on Saturday, and my aesthetician thought that this system may help me and encouraged me to buy it. I had great skin in high school, but as I've gotten older it has actually gotten worse (I'm 24), with a combination of milia (small hard cysts of keratin deep in the skin, usually only possible to remove with extraction by an aesthetician) and open and closed comedones on my cheeks mainly, but also on my temples and jawline. I know this kind of acne is hormonal, and for me the frustrating thing was that even if others couldn't tell (acne rarely came to a head but made my skin look and feel gravelly especially up close), I felt self-conscious about the texture and would wear BB creme or foundation which only exacerbated the problem and the cycle of bad skin. Ive been using this for five days and my skin is now nearly flawless. I am in shock. Sometimes I would have a similar effect using Proactiv but the potency would wear off after a few weeks and my skin would sort of become immune to the Proactiv, which I hope doesn't happen with this. The milia are easier to extract myself because the drying has caused the skin to be easier to get to, and all the blackheads from my nose and chin are gone, as well as the comedones on my cheeks. It sort of feels miraculous! I've been using the normal to oily, and can't recommend this enough. It does sting a bit, but I always just feel like that means it's really working. Stick with this and alternate the cleanser with an exfoliator, and use with your Clarisonic. I hope your results are as satisfying and quick as mine have been thus far!!

on 8/13/2013 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried everything proactiv, retinol, vmv, natures gate, garner, nuetregina, acne dote etc.. But nothing works I have been breaking out for 4 years and acne did affect my confidence

at first it did hurt a lot because the benzoyl peroxide burns ,stings my face is red and peeling but I stick to the regime within 2weeks I've seen improvement on my skin and after 1 1/2 month I'm almost clear clenziderm save my skin I can know go out with makeup

1. I have only been using this product for two days. I will update this review in a few weeks.
2. I use the system for normal to dry skin
3. The benzoyal peroxide burns like hell for about two minutes and my face turns red. After this two minutes my face is GLOWING. I have read that this is normal for the first two weeks. At least I know it is doing something!!
4. After only 2 days of using this it is seriously like the gross things under my skin are drying up and falling off. I don't have "pimples" per say. I have these little pockets of who knows what in my skin and they form little bubbles. They are rarely ever large pimples.
5. i use this together with my clarisonic that I just bought.
6. As for the price, I will pretty much pay anything if it WORKS..which this DOES WORK!

Also, for the people who are like "I just can't stick through the regimen because it is too hard". What is wrong with you? It takes 5 minutes.

BUY THIS STUFF. YOU WONT REGRET IT!!!

Popular Face Skincare Products