Obagi CLENZIderm MD

No Image

on 6/23/2017 10:56:00 AM

Hello to everybody here. My name is Diana S. and I started using Obagi products for the first time this month, June 2017. I bought:
-Obagi Clenziderm M.D. system (gift set)
-Obagi Hydrate Facial Moisturizer
-Obagi Gentle Rejuvenation Advance night repair
-Obagi Professional C serum 10% Strength
I used Clenziderm in the evening followed by gentle rejuvenation and in the morning only the cleaning foam from Clenziderm and the serum with the hydrate cream. All the products were new and not opened when arrived. Bought them from skinstore.
The package arrived on 15.06 and I started using them in the evening. All good and nice till Monday when I woke up with a burning and itchy face. I went to work and when I cam back put some cold yogurt from the fridge. Felt better, the burning disappeared. Next day started the nightmare. Went to the doctor as Tuesday my face was swallowed, burning and itchy. the doctor put me on histaminic pills and a cream with cortisone. Wednesday I woke up with a much more swallowed face, could not see with the right eye and scared went back to the doctor. He gave me a cream with Prednicarbat and to take the antihistaminic pills. Thursday I did not see no improvement, still swallowed, red and itchy. Today is Friday, and to my luck it was my marriage day. Just great! Run in the morning covered and with a big hat to protect myself from the sun. With tears in my eyes I said that this is how it is and this is much more important then how I look. I could even smile when I said yes and I totally forgot how I looked.Such a kitty that I can not add pictures here. :(
I tried to contact many times the ones on top, and they responded only one time and wrote me to send them the lot numbers and expiration dates. Ah, and to call at The Medical Information Department of Valeant Pharmaceuticals to better assist me. I thought is a joke. Even if I send them every day an e-amil with my status and with the pictures, they did not reply back at all. This really shows how concerned they are and how much they care.
But this made me to pursue more and to really want to make a claim against them, so now I wonder if anybody from here was in my situation and has proof to show. I have medical, pictures and people as witnesses.
Now I have thick packs of skin, red and itchy on my face and the forehead is a big one. At least around my nose (was double) and my eyes are not swallowed anymore.
I do not want that nobody is going thru what am I going right now. Please be aware! You can end up with a very bad
allergic reaction from it!
My overall rating is 0, 1 is too much! And I would say the same regarding their employees from Valeant.

Kind regards,
Diana

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loooove Clenziderm products for oily skin! I have a very severe adult acne and nothing works better more than the Obagi Clenziderm! I usually get more than 50 zits! Most are small whiteheads with a combination of large cystic acne all over my face especially the chin area. Whenever I get stray to different products because of curiosity and end up giving me more zits, I always go back to this product and in a matter of 1 week you can see a big difference! No kidding! It's a miracle product for me! I think the price is worth from the effectiveness of the product. Mind you guys, you will really go in a phase where your whole face will be red and dry especially the first week of use! But be consistent! For sure every time you put the therapeutic lotion which is the benzoyl peroxide, it burns like hell! But it is the magic potion from all the clenziderm. It kills the bacteria in your pores and prevent it from further breakouts. Just put a non comedogenic moisturizer and you'll be fine. Believe me! I tried everything, from different product, natural pills intended for acne (calcium d glucarate, DIM) And also birth control pills. But it just gave me severe allergic reaction and more breakouts! Then I tried lasers too, led lights, NOTHING worked! It's my second week and my skin is still healing but its 80% healed! Just 2 weeks! My HG product! I learned my lesson, I will keep using this forever!!! I used to cry everyday looking myself in the mirror and let the acnes eat up my confidence. I know the feeling. You feel hopeless like you're gonna deal with it the rest of your life. It will be the best investment! By the way, its my high end dermatologist who introduced me to these products and it worked magically!

on 4/8/2016 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

When I was 15-16, my esthetician introduced me to this line for acne. For the first months, I had less acne when I was using this product, but it left my skin really dry. I later developed an allergy to the Benzoyl Peroxide in the lotion. My face was covered in itchy rashes that lasted several days. If you want to try this product out, I suggest using a good moisturizer because it will make your skin dry like sandpaper.

on 3/23/2016 11:45:00 AM

This review is for the three step system.
I used the wash, toner and cream.
It burns, like someone is peeling the top layer of your skin, I thought that it was because it was working but all this did was dry out my skin, peel and cause extreme redness. As I used the product the acne did not stop and eventually with the dry/peeling skin I only broke out more. Wearing make up was impossible because my skin peeled all day and the make up would come off as I peeled it. I purchased two of the three step systems and did not see a positive change on my skin. I wouldn't buy this three step system again, I wouldn't mind paying the 100.00 if the items actually worked but unfortunately this did work out for me.

on 1/31/2016 1:00:00 AM

This is a review for the obagi clenziderm cream cleanser.
A lot of people claim that cleansers aren't the most important step in their skincare routine, that it's on their face for such a minimal period of time that there's no way an expensive cleanser will have any long term effects but i truly beg to differ. This product revolutionized the way I felt about cleansers. I'm no dermatology expert but i feel that when my skin is getting a good thorough clean, that still manages to maintain the vital moisture of my skin, I rarely break out. This cleanser has retexturized my skin, made it feel smoother, prevented clogged pores, brought pimples to a head swiftly and basically been my one stop shop for exfoliating, moisturizing and toning. Let me rephrase this: I do still moisturize areas where I feel I am prone to flakes but I don't moisturize every inch of my face because this cleanser keeps the 'normal' areas of my face well hydrated and smooth.

With MSM + this cleanser, I have truly conquered my fears of getting incredibly close to people, for fear of my skin being a disturbing distraction.

Thank you obagi!

PS; I tried the original cleanser and that was terribleeeeeeeeee but the clenziderm cream cleanser is truly a lifesaver.

on 1/19/2014 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this!!! It cleared up my teenage acne for the most part, though I naturally get a pimple here and there. I can't say the same for acne marks though. I'd recommend steady tretinoin use on that! Please give this a go if you have acne troubles! It's extremely professional, and good on most people. It's for whiteheads and blackheads and all that, so it doesn't apply to hormonal acne.

on 11/28/2013 9:29:00 PM

This stuff is such a lifesaver, works better than anything else I've used before. 100% worth the price in my opinion. I have pretty oily skin and I mostly get those really deep, big, under-the-skin pimples you can feel coming. I first started using the entire set about a year ago and my skin started looking and feeling better within the first couple of days. I started off only using the benzoyl peroxide once a day and then moved into using it morning and night. It did make my skin noticeably flaky/red in certain areas, but it was worth it.

Long story short, the vast majority of those big pimples I used to get stop coming up. This stuff is also one of the few things that can completely stop a pimple in its tracks. I now only use the BP since the whole set is a little expensive, but the BP completely gets the job done. I still get pimples, but they're in much less quantity, so it's nothing concerning. I'm so grateful the BP has been working for over a year now.

I stopped using the BP after I couldn't find it and went on vacation for a few weeks, and instead used some lower-quality BP that I'd ordered online. I started breaking out more and realized how important this stuff is at keeping my skin clear. I recommended any obagi products to my cousin and now she's hooked on Obagi products too! Finally I can focus on college and I'm no longer constantly upset and stressed about my skin.

After the worst breakout of my life from trying the oil cleansing method, NOTHING could unclog my pores. Then I went to visit my sister, who is a nurse, and after taking one look at my skin, she ran off to the hospital and came back with this cleansing system. Even half priced I have to pay $80 for it, but it is the best $80 I've ever spent. It cleared my skin in about two weeks, and after three months of suffering that terrible breakout, I'm so thankful to have my beautiful skin back! Talk about a HG product!

I have never written a review of a product on here, but I felt compelled to do so for Clenziderm. I got a facial at a medical spa on Saturday, and my aesthetician thought that this system may help me and encouraged me to buy it. I had great skin in high school, but as I've gotten older it has actually gotten worse (I'm 24), with a combination of milia (small hard cysts of keratin deep in the skin, usually only possible to remove with extraction by an aesthetician) and open and closed comedones on my cheeks mainly, but also on my temples and jawline. I know this kind of acne is hormonal, and for me the frustrating thing was that even if others couldn't tell (acne rarely came to a head but made my skin look and feel gravelly especially up close), I felt self-conscious about the texture and would wear BB creme or foundation which only exacerbated the problem and the cycle of bad skin. Ive been using this for five days and my skin is now nearly flawless. I am in shock. Sometimes I would have a similar effect using Proactiv but the potency would wear off after a few weeks and my skin would sort of become immune to the Proactiv, which I hope doesn't happen with this. The milia are easier to extract myself because the drying has caused the skin to be easier to get to, and all the blackheads from my nose and chin are gone, as well as the comedones on my cheeks. It sort of feels miraculous! I've been using the normal to oily, and can't recommend this enough. It does sting a bit, but I always just feel like that means it's really working. Stick with this and alternate the cleanser with an exfoliator, and use with your Clarisonic. I hope your results are as satisfying and quick as mine have been thus far!!

on 8/13/2013 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried everything proactiv, retinol, vmv, natures gate, garner, nuetregina, acne dote etc.. But nothing works I have been breaking out for 4 years and acne did affect my confidence

at first it did hurt a lot because the benzoyl peroxide burns ,stings my face is red and peeling but I stick to the regime within 2weeks I've seen improvement on my skin and after 1 1/2 month I'm almost clear clenziderm save my skin I can know go out with makeup

Popular Face Skincare Products