Afirm 3x by Medicis

No Image

4.1

on 8/8/2013 6:10:00 PM

I have been using this for ten years it has kept my under eyes smooth barely any sign of wrinkles at all.my eyes are plump, smooth, and wrinkle-free.But I would only apply under the eyes.I tried this on my face caused red bumps it was terrible.So I only use it under my eyes it is better than retin-a, even better than wrinkles creams.I have used almost every product for my eyes this is the best.Apply moisturizer over this or where alone under makeup, smoothes your undereyes immediately.

on 10/11/2012 6:06:00 AM

OMG! This is so strong! I have been using retinols for 2 years without a break and never had the slightest reaction. I switched over to this because of the reasonable price and in hindsight, it was a huge mistake. I felt like my face was on fire for about a week combined with the most horrendous peeling and redness. Any benefits are just not worth it. This stuff is like acid and should be avoided!
Edit: 24/10/12.
OK, once the irritation and reaction had settled down and I had been off this product for about a week, my skin looked AMAZING!!!!! I guess the peeling like a snake shedding its skin was worth it after all. I was hasty in reviewing this product and probably had been a bit silly in the way I used it. I thought that because I had used retinol products every day, that this one would work the same. I am going to use Afirm again, but I am going to use the 1x version and this time, I am going to use it maybe every 3rd day until my skin adjusts. This is a very strong retinol. I have used many including the Peter Thomas Roth which is meant to be the strongest out there and that didn't cause any reaction at all. If I can give any advice at all about Afirm 3x, it would be to expect major peeling if you use it every day and it may cause your skin to feel irritated. Sunscreen is absolutely essential with this product! I would use it maybe twice a week at first and then try and get to a stage where you can use it every day. Better still, start with the 1x or 2x formula and work up. Now to the good part. My skin is so smooth and soft after the peeling finished. My whole skin tone is much more even. I have gone from not wanting to go near Afirm, to be a solid convert.

on 11/2/2010 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Love this stuff! I started the 1X a little over a year ago, and after a slow start (a few times a week mixed with moisturizer, then 3 or 4 days a week but undiluted, and even occasionally daily and while I've noticed many benefits I've never had any irritation.

I noticed velvety smooth skin, improved clarity, and gradual improvement in the appearance of pore size and texture. I have a friend who's an aesthetian, and she's commented on the difference when I'm using it. I found myself pregnant shortly after starting it then, and so went off for a while, but am starting back this fall/winter building up to a daily application of the 2x.

Overall, my skin seems to love this stuff! I'll update if anything changes, but I only expect it to get better.

This is the first over the counter retinol cream I have used. I did a lot of research beforehand by reading reviews on Amazon and Makeup Alley. This retinol cream did NOT work for my skin. It caused acne and another red spot on my chin that has been there for over two months and will not go away. It caused a huge blemish on my chin and I now have a scar there. It has been there since July so I am worried it is now a permanent scar. I am now stuck with almost an entire tube of this product that I paid over $40 for. The money isn't a big deal, but a permanent scar on my face is what has me really worried.

on 8/16/2010 11:42:00 PM

There has been a noticeable (but not dramatic) difference. It helped fade some old acne scars very well, but isn't helping the deeper pock marks (which aren't that noticeable to anyone but me, but they drive ME crazy). My pores looked a bit better as well. What I REALLY wanted it to do was fade a small crease that's been developing on my forehead. I'm only 26 so it's still fairly shallow. I feel like it helped but the crease is still there.
Also, I use it every night and have had no irritation. I'm going to try something else once it runs out, but will likely come back to this if nothing better comes along.
I've been using the same tube for almost a year and it's not even halfway gone yet. I wish I could purchase a smaller tube for less money so the product can retain it's full effectiveness.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This review is actually for the 2x Afirm retinol cream. I have been using it for a month now (every other night). I have definitely seen an improvement in my skin. It has significantly lessened fine lines and the two deeper ones between my brows. I hope that using it long term will continue to improve my skin. On the nights I don't use Afirm I use DHC AHA cream for exfoliation which I also think is an excellent product which leaves my skin super soft. I highly recommend both products just make sure you use them at night and always use a good sunscreen when you go out.

on 11/6/2009 4:02:00 AM

I haven't noticed that this product has helped my skin. It may have made it a bit red although that is likely to be some of the glycolic products I have been using (at different times obviously).

This doesn't seem a bad product but no change or great improvements so will not buy again.

on 9/12/2009 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used this cream for almost a year now and it is truly a great product. You only need to use such a small amount so the tube lasts me about a month. I use it as part of my night time skin care routine, which is: Cleanse with Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser, Tone with Thayer's Alcohol Free unscented Toner, exfoliate with Paula's choice 8% aha, then the Afirm 3x....I then wait at least 20 minutes and apply my moisturizer which is a small dollop of Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gel mixed with a spritz of Jojoba oil.

It has taken me years to develop this routine and the Afirm 3x has always been the missing piece.

I have no problems at all using the aha and the Afirm at the same time as my skin is not sensitive at all, just acne prone. My breakouts are far less frequent now and my overall skin tone is much more even and smooth.

on 6/26/2009 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm 27 with sensitive skin. I've been using Tx Systems Afirm 1X for 2 months. It seems that the tube can last for another month, but I've already ordered another 1X and a 2X, since this product is AMAZING. I'd say this is the first product that is indeed EFFECTIVE for me. I've tried numerous stuff for 8 years. For retinol products, I've used Replenix, skinmedica and green cream, only to find Afirm best of them. It makes my skin glow. The pores are smaller, fine lines under my eyes are disappearing, and my skin feels so smooth. There's also less break out, less noticeable redness. I'll continue using it forever! The only problem is that I doubt if I should proceed to 3X or not since i'm worrying about my sensitive skin. Anyone can tell me if 3X delivers a lot better results than 2X?
Oh, by the way, I experienced terrible flaking and redness for the first 2 weeks. but now I'm so happy I got over it. It all worths! If anyone is experiencing flaking or more pimples for the first 2 weeks... stick on it and you won't be disappointed.

UPDATE 2/27/2012: OK so after I finished my 2nd tube 2.5 years ago I stopped using this to try something else. (Why did I do that?) Nothing worked nearly as well. So now I'm back, and it starts to deliver results again after two weeks. Evener, smoother skin and much less break out. However if your skin is really dry and sensitive like me, you might wanna use it every other day. I also use it after I put my moisturizer on and wait for a while. I'm still using 1x and I'm happy with it. Now this is a lifetime staple. I also recommended it to my landlord lady who is around 50. She is now sold, her fine lines look much better and her skin is noticeably evener and smoother. She is now recommending it to her other friends as well!

I've used this product for about 2 weeks and really like it! My skin is flaking a little bit but not too much. It doesn't make my skin raw at all. I used to use tazorac but had to stop because of change of insurance. This so far is working well!