Aveda Lip Sheer Lipstick in Sheer Camellia

No Image

3.5

I hate to give this products such a low rating but I just really can't stand the color. When I tried this on in the store it looked quite differently than it does in the day-light. I didn't realize how purple it was. I thought it was more of a rosy light red. The texture however is fabulous and I have worn it a few times because of this. But the color ages me tremendously and makes me look mean.which is a funny thing to say but I swear its true! I am going to try to swap this. I think the tone is just too cool for me, I really have to wear warm tones. Great texture though. And love the natural ingredients.

on 2/21/2007 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lippie is really pretty. i like lipsticks cuz the color payoff is better than a gloss alone. BUT i do find them to be more drying....but not with this sheer lipstick. it does provide a nice amount of color w/o drying too much. i still use a great balm as a primer though (weleda everon). this color is a plumish purple....but not scary at all. very wearable and sheer. very pretty. the staying power is pretty good i'd say for a sheer l/s. plus blue based lip colors make your teeth look whiter! and who doesn't want that? i also really like the little reusualbe case you can buy for $5. it snaps into any aveda lipstick. how environmentally friendly! *EDIT* vincent longo has a sheer lippie that is waaay better! still like the color though.