Clinique Long Last Lipstick - Beauty

Clinique Long Last Lipstick - Beauty
Long Last Lipstick - BeautyClinique Longlast Lipstick in Beauty

4.4

This is a holy grail lipstick of mine. Been using it on-off for close to 20 years. Here's 5 reasons that kept me repurchasing Clinique Long Last lipstick.

What's Good?
1. A Lasting Formula
2. Creamy & Moisturizing
3. Rich and Pigmented
4. Elegant Packaging
5. Won’t Feather or Stain

Full review and swatch of my favorite colors at http://bit.ly/2uxeNIT.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is a better dupe of Mademoiselle by Chanel than the original because it lasts longer and is a touch better moisturizing. Everything I wanted from Mademoiselle only better and a third of the cost!

Lasts well unless you are eating a full meal, moisturizing without feathering into my aging lip lines.

Creamy texture, little bit of shimmer not an overload, just enough that it's a satiny creamy look on the lips, not frosty at all. Feels like lip balm.

I uploaded the pic of my lipstick, but neither my lipstick (it's a little darker than the picture shows), nor the colour on the lips of the woman above are correct. It's a little more warm than the model shows, and a little more pink and brown in the tube than my lipstick bullet shows. I've added a lineup with Beauty on the far left, Blushing Nude beside it, then Honey Blush and Golden Brandy on the far right. I don't know how to add labels onto the photo.

On the lips it's a little bit rosy pink, a little peachy nude and a little browned down. Hard to describe but easy to wear. Teeth look white next to it, which is nice, since the warmer tones don't always play nice with the teeth, making them a bit yellow. But not so cool it goes mauve on the lips.

Office friendly shade, this is a MLBB type that isn't going to shock anyone. I think it would flatter warm and cool complexions equally. I'm a NC 15-20 warm fair redhead for reference.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Great MLBB shade! It looked really hideous in the tube (like a raisiny brown color with frost) but on the lips it really is a flattering hue - like the inside membrane of my lips. Makes me look put together without looking like I have lipstick on, and the shimmer that looks like a frost actually just gives the lips volume. It actually kind of looks like the Long Last Lipstick version of Berry Blush, which is a Buttershine (shinier, more shimmer, less long lasting). I don't really need a mirror to put it on either. Lasts a decent amount of time (nothing like a big sandwich, but a couple cups of coffees or tea should be okay), and non-drying. No scent. I like it. Standard Clinique metal casing, as with all the other LL & Different lipsticks. Similar colors - Bamboo Pink (cooler, lighter, more silver), Rose Taffy (more sheer, pinker/rosier), Tenderheart (more brown, no shimmer), Blushing Nude (darker, more raisiny, no shimmer). For your reference: N?? 20 (can wear both NW and NC) ish, black hair, brown eyes. I typically look horrible in brownish or plummy colors, but this one is like a berry-brown-pink that somehow works.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

As I was rummaging through my hallway closet, I found a makeup bag filled with long lost Clinique lipstick samples my mom had received from a friend at work (lucky find, huh?). I got curious and decided to swatch them on myself, pick out the ones I liked best, and add them to my arsenal. When I actually tried the few I liked most on my lips, Beauty just... stood out.
I cannot tell you enough how much I love, love, love this lipstick. It truly lives up to its name. My lips are pretty pigmented, so most lippies that are considered "YLBB" are a bit too light on me. However, Beauty almost matches the color of my lips- kind of a rosy nude- but doesn't match to the point that it looks boring or as if nothing is on my lips. It's definitely neutral and natural, but with a certain classiness and sophistication. It's almost as if it takes the natural color of my lips and amps it up, all the while giving off an incredible dewy look with very minimal, non-overbearing shimmer. Beauty should be decent for most skintones, though probably better for warmer ones.
The consistency of this lipstick is unbelievable. It's creamy almost to the point of being moisturizing, and never bleeds or sinks into my lip cracks.
This is my everyday, MLBB lipstick. I'll repurchase this at full price when I've run out of my sample. I really hope Clinique doesn't discontinue this shade.

I love love LOVE this lipstick!!The color is very natural and basically looks like your lips but better.It gives a nice sheen and is very creamy,which makes it feel really nice on the lips.I find it also very moisturizing and it NEVER sinks into the cracks and lines of my lips.
I also think this works fabulously as a cream blush for amy skintone!Its so versatile.I just dot about 5 dots of the lipstick onto my cheeks and blend it out with my fingers or sometimes with a stippling brush.It just makes me look alot more awake and alive and lasts a very long time!
Hope this helped and I totally recommend this lipstick to anyone and any skintone!:)

on 4/2/2012 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Good name for this colour! Very flattering hue, I'm guessing this would suit almost anyone. This is my 'neutral' lipstick. It's very moisturising and it's one of the few lipsticks that makes my lips look and feel healthy and not dry and flaky. Also no icky lipstick taste/smell. I'm not sure why it's called 'long last' though... it acts more like a moisturising lipstick than a long hold one. Can't say it stays on much longer than other lipsticks. alhough with other lipsticks I might be more inclined to wipe it off myself because it's icky or uncomfortable ;)

Actually come to think of it since I started using this lipstick my boyfriend has commented that my lips are so soft, whereas he always used to whine about my chapped, dry lips before. I'm only noticing now that I sailed through winter without chapped lips, which is very rare for me and I am normally always trying out loads of different lip balms (which never work). I guess this lipstick softens my lips more than any chapstick I have found!

on 7/23/2010 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Beauty is a really pretty neutral shade and looks nice with my somewhat pigmented lips. I agree with the review below who said it was peachy-pink in color. The formula is nice & creamy, but not terrible long-lasting despite the name. The packaging is in the typical Clinique silver tube, but the lid never seems to fully "snap" closed and the tube seems thinner, weigh-wise, than other Clinique lipsticks I have. Took points off for the packaging, but otherwise it's a lovely shade and I would repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I got this in a swap, and I love it! It is my new everyday lip color. I am fair, and lipsticks tend to stand out on my lips. So, I am always in search of a color that is more subtle. This is it! It is subtle, but not boring. You can tell I am wearing lipstick, but lipstick is not the only thing you see when you look at my face wearing this.

I also own Revlon Colorburst in Rose Nude and it is very similar in color, although applies more evenly and moisturizes lips more.

It is a neutral pink with very minimal shimmer or shine. It feels very moisturizing on your lips. It does not last as long as a matte lipstick, but lasts longer than more cream lipsticks. I reapply after eating or drinking.

I will purchase this after running out. It is great!

Update: Still wearing this everyday. I feel like it is a great neutral that you can wear with warm tones or cool tones. Love it! I try to match my blush w/ my lipstick, and this goes well with ALL my blushes!

on 9/7/2010 9:29:00 PM

It's smooth, nice color, lasts longer than other Clinique lipsticks. I'll definitely buy this one again!

on 10/16/2010 10:26:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

A great, neutral, non-blaring pink. A fairly elegant color that works with most clothing and makeup.

Moisturizes, goes on smoothly, doesn't bleed, and it stays put for a while. I don't know if I would call its staying power "long", but it holds its own.