Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation

Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4, Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparaben, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethano, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylparaben.

on 6/25/2017 12:04:00 PM

The current version of this (in the black tube) works really well for me. I have tried Dermablend product before, when they were in the white packaging and neither the liquid nor the stick worked out for me, too heavy and shades were unnatural looking on me. This one is a wast improvement, the texture is thinner, like a fluid. It blends so well with both fingers and brushes. For application I actually prefer to apply it with a brush and then do a final blend with fingers. The coverage is full, it has managed to cover everything that I've tried to hide. Birthmarks, scars, dark circles, blood vessels, bruises, breakouts are all no issue for this foundation. If a single layer isn't enough, it layers beautifully, although I never had to put more than 3 layers on. Not sure how well it can hide tattoos, though, haven't had the opportunity to try. Out of all the products that claim to have full coverage (Estee Lauder, It Cosmetics, Graftobian, KvD and those) Dermablend does seem to have higher pigment density, but not as chalky (Vichy says it has 30% pigment). Alone Dermablend foundation lasts the advertised 16 hours, but I find it has to be applied directly on bare skin, without any product underneath. Other moisturizers, especially more emollient ones or sunscreens shorten the life-span of Dermablend on skin, but even then it lasts 10-12 h easily. The Dermablend setting powder does extend the staying power, it literally lasts till it gets washed off, but changes the look to matte and somewhat obvious. With the setting powder the foundation also becomes transfer- and water- proof, alone the foundation can travel on to fabrics and won't last in rain or high humidity, but again - compared to other full-coverage foundations Dermablend doesn't transfer as much and lasts through the most unbearable conditions. My only issue is the range of shades. The foundation comes in 5 shades only and I find not one matches me exactly. It's why I only rate it 4 stars. I have the 15 Opal and 25 Nude and I have to mix them to get a somewhat close match, alone 15 is too pink and 25 is too orange.

on 6/25/2017 10:15:00 AM

This foundation is awesome, I have mature skin I'm 47 and I've gone through many foundations, Estée Lauder Double Wear Light, It cosmetics your skin but better, Urban Decay Naked Mac Mineralize and many more! Vitchy Dermablend gives my skin full coverage without looking caked on, it gives beautiful and flawless coverage without looking like a mask, your skin but better, I use the shade Opal and Nude together and when I get a little bit of sun I just use the nude shade, my only gripes is that it does transfer onto things, and I don't care for the packaging, but other than that it's the best foundation in my collection

This was a product I bought and used once.

The reason why I bought this was beacuse I saw many advertisments on this and how it will 100% hide any acne and was oil free.

The product was about 50$.
There was not many shades ( I could not even buy the right shade for me because it was not available)
I Had tried others like makeup forever HD foundation and Kat Von D foundations and was fed up and wanted to try this.

I was determined to hide all signs of acne at any cost.

unfortunatley this product has orange undertones and was sort of thick, in that unable to blend type of way.
On the bright side it did not give me any break outs, but was a major waste of money.

( I bought it because they didnt have testers on the product and your not allowed to open product without purchasing first ) :(

on 5/16/2017 7:00:00 AM

This is a good foundation for those with sensitive and/or dry skin who may need a bit more coverage without looking cakey. It is buildable so you can apply more to those areas that need it. I tend to get red blotchy skin and this covers it well without causing further irriitation. It is also moisturising and contains SPF. A little bit goes a long way so although quite pricey compared to other drugstore brands, it does last a long time. It is a bit thicker than most foundations Ive used, but it's great for bad skin days. I think this may be too much for oily skin types though.

on 5/11/2017 1:56:00 PM

This is good foundation; so much better than L'Oreal and not so orange like Estee Lauder. I got the lightest 15 shade for my tragically pale skin, and amazingly it is a perfect match. That almost never happens; foundation can make you look pale like a zombie or too tan, so this is a happy day. It's smooth with high coverage and a dewy sheen.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this! Perfect coverage in a hurry makeup and scored low on the skin deep website so I'm not worried about wearing it too often!

on 12/29/2016 4:50:00 AM

It is by far the best drugstore foundation.it covers really well without feeling heavy and it stays all day.

I really like this foundation because it covers major redness really well and makes my skin look great, but it's not waterproof/water-resistant or transfer resistant. If you end up crying while wearing this makeup, be prepared to see the makeup disappear in the undereye area (unless you're wearing a completely separate concealer there). If this makeup were water-resistant, it would be among my top favorite full coverage foundations.

on 11/24/2016 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a review for Vichy Dermablend for sensitive skin (sleek black tube)

May I announce that I am in love? My search is over, at least for colder months. Last summer I used to go without foundation, I prefer natural look when the sun is high and temperatures are over 25-30C.

I used Vichy Teint Ideal but was not completely satisfied with the result over time. I actually was thrilled on the beginning of use but something was missing. In the meantime I tried lot of foundations, was satisfied with few of them but not in a way that I love them - the most important thing is that they not make chaos on my extremely sensitive skin That was the first "terms of use". However either my skin looked dull and chalky or reacted like crazy etc.

Now I gave some extra time to this foundation before I said "well, that's it, I really, really like it.
First of all - it calms my skin somehow even when the skin shows some signs of disobedience;-) It is creamy and even heavy while blending but it is light on skin and I don't even feel it at all. I always put foundations only with my fingers. I tried other ways of applications but I just like my fingers. It stays on my skin the entire day, I wore it since 7h in the morning till midnight few times and it was fresh and without caking or other signs of fading from skin. I also did do some touch up few times also by reapplying it on my extremely shinny nose and forehead during day and it did not looked dirty or stained. Of course, I always first blot my skin with clean handkerchief.
The color is not exactly my match in 100%, I use 25 Nude, The lighter nuance was too light, I prefer this one. If I get shinny all over my face which happens sometimes when I sweat or during PMS I just blot it with handkerchief and the tissue soaks only grease but not the powder. After bloting my skin looks fresh.
It takes time to get rid of it in the evening:-) but I have found my best routine - Avene m+cleansing milk, then Avene micellar water and after that just washing my face with clean lukewarm water.
Well, as I said already - I am really in love and hope that this love will last... I don't even think for trying something else like I used to do before!

on 11/13/2016 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Edit: unfortunately the last reformulation changed it all. Number 15 is now lighter with pinky undertones and the texture is completely different. What a pity.
----
This is the best Foundation I have ever found!! It hides sun spots, acne discoloration, blemishes... and still makes your skin look lovely and natural. I like the liquid consistency, that makes application with a standard foundation brush very easy. I also like the finish very much, kind of mate, but glowy at the same time. And it's very longlasting (survives at least one hour in the swimming pool). My color is 15 - opal, though it looks orange at sight, it matches my skin perfectly (rc - buff, mufe 117, mac - close to nc20). In my country the price is less than half of what I would have to pay for mac or mufe. And it is non acnegenic. In conclusion: this is a fantastic product for people with problematic skin, give it a try. This is my all-time favorite foundation, by far.