Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation

Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4, Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparaben, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethano, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylparaben.

on 9/8/2017 11:31:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Good things:
coverage is full
not comedogenic
not drying
without fragrance

Bad things:
very hard or impossible to find the right shade (tried 15 and 25, they are both pink)
very noticeable on face, even when applied with wet beauty blender (with fingers it looks horrible)
makes skin produce more oil (mine is mixed dehydrated)

on 9/7/2017 5:46:00 AM

I have just decided to repurchase this product as I ran out and meanwhile I've been using other foundations/concealers but they did not work just as well.
To be specific, I love this one as it covers pigmentation extremely well, without making skin look or feel dry, cakey or flakey. Also, a little goes a long way, I use moisturizer on my face and on top of that apply dermablend foundation more in a manner of a concealer. then I blend it away with a foundatioun brush to cover all the areas that need more or less coverage and finally go over the entire face with a clean kabuki brush (instead of applying setting powder). In such way the product covers all pigmentations and any spots perfectly and is not noticable as itself. Blends extremely well and actually looks seamless. I am also very happy because I am 50 and, even though I naturally don't have a lot of lines, but do have some puffiness, this product makes puffiness less visible and does not emphasize the lines, on contrary! I use shade 15 as it complements my pale, slightly pink complextion with pigmentations. I will always have one tube of vichy dermablend no matter what other products I may try in parallel.

on 6/25/2017 12:04:00 PM

The current version of this (in the black tube) works really well for me. I have tried Dermablend product before, when they were in the white packaging and neither the liquid nor the stick worked out for me, too heavy and shades were unnatural looking on me. This one is a wast improvement, the texture is thinner, like a fluid. It blends so well with both fingers and brushes. For application I actually prefer to apply it with a brush and then do a final blend with fingers. The coverage is full, it has managed to cover everything that I've tried to hide. Birthmarks, scars, dark circles, blood vessels, bruises, breakouts are all no issue for this foundation. If a single layer isn't enough, it layers beautifully, although I never had to put more than 3 layers on. Not sure how well it can hide tattoos, though, haven't had the opportunity to try. Out of all the products that claim to have full coverage (Estee Lauder, It Cosmetics, Graftobian, KvD and those) Dermablend does seem to have higher pigment density, but not as chalky (Vichy says it has 30% pigment). Alone Dermablend foundation lasts the advertised 16 hours, but I find it has to be applied directly on bare skin, without any product underneath. Other moisturizers, especially more emollient ones or sunscreens shorten the life-span of Dermablend on skin, but even then it lasts 10-12 h easily. The Dermablend setting powder does extend the staying power, it literally lasts till it gets washed off, but changes the look to matte and somewhat obvious. With the setting powder the foundation also becomes transfer- and water- proof, alone the foundation can travel on to fabrics and won't last in rain or high humidity, but again - compared to other full-coverage foundations Dermablend doesn't transfer as much and lasts through the most unbearable conditions. My only issue is the range of shades. The foundation comes in 5 shades only and I find not one matches me exactly. It's why I only rate it 4 stars. I have the 15 Opal and 25 Nude and I have to mix them to get a somewhat close match, alone 15 is too pink and 25 is too orange.

on 5/16/2017 7:00:00 AM

This is a good foundation for those with sensitive and/or dry skin who may need a bit more coverage without looking cakey. It is buildable so you can apply more to those areas that need it. I tend to get red blotchy skin and this covers it well without causing further irriitation. It is also moisturising and contains SPF. A little bit goes a long way so although quite pricey compared to other drugstore brands, it does last a long time. It is a bit thicker than most foundations Ive used, but it's great for bad skin days. I think this may be too much for oily skin types though.

on 6/25/2017 10:15:00 AM

This foundation is awesome, I have mature skin I'm 47 and I've gone through many foundations, Estée Lauder Double Wear Light, It cosmetics your skin but better, Urban Decay Naked Mac Mineralize and many more! Vitchy Dermablend gives my skin full coverage without looking caked on, it gives beautiful and flawless coverage without looking like a mask, your skin but better, I use the shade Opal and Nude together and when I get a little bit of sun I just use the nude shade, my only gripes is that it does transfer onto things, and I don't care for the packaging, but other than that it's the best foundation in my collection

This was a product I bought and used once.

The reason why I bought this was beacuse I saw many advertisments on this and how it will 100% hide any acne and was oil free.

The product was about 50$.
There was not many shades ( I could not even buy the right shade for me because it was not available)
I Had tried others like makeup forever HD foundation and Kat Von D foundations and was fed up and wanted to try this.

I was determined to hide all signs of acne at any cost.

unfortunatley this product has orange undertones and was sort of thick, in that unable to blend type of way.
On the bright side it did not give me any break outs, but was a major waste of money.

( I bought it because they didnt have testers on the product and your not allowed to open product without purchasing first ) :(

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this! Perfect coverage in a hurry makeup and scored low on the skin deep website so I'm not worried about wearing it too often!

on 12/29/2016 4:50:00 AM

It is by far the best drugstore foundation.it covers really well without feeling heavy and it stays all day.

I really like this foundation because it covers major redness really well and makes my skin look great, but it's not waterproof/water-resistant or transfer resistant. If you end up crying while wearing this makeup, be prepared to see the makeup disappear in the undereye area (unless you're wearing a completely separate concealer there). If this makeup were water-resistant, it would be among my top favorite full coverage foundations.

on 5/11/2017 1:56:00 PM

This is good foundation; so much better than L'Oreal and not so orange like Estee Lauder. I got the lightest 15 shade for my tragically pale skin, and amazingly it is a perfect match. That almost never happens; foundation can make you look pale like a zombie or too tan, so this is a happy day. It's smooth with high coverage and a dewy sheen.