Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation

Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4, Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparaben, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethano, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylparaben.

This was a product I bought and used once.

The reason why I bought this was beacuse I saw many advertisments on this and how it will 100% hide any acne and was oil free.

The product was about 50$.
There was not many shades ( I could not even buy the right shade for me because it was not available)
I Had tried others like makeup forever HD foundation and Kat Von D foundations and was fed up and wanted to try this.

I was determined to hide all signs of acne at any cost.

unfortunatley this product has orange undertones and was sort of thick, in that unable to blend type of way.
On the bright side it did not give me any break outs, but was a major waste of money.

( I bought it because they didnt have testers on the product and your not allowed to open product without purchasing first ) :(

on 5/16/2017 7:00:00 AM

This is a good foundation for those with sensitive and/or dry skin who may need a bit more coverage without looking cakey. It is buildable so you can apply more to those areas that need it. I tend to get red blotchy skin and this covers it well without causing further irriitation. It is also moisturising and contains SPF. A little bit goes a long way so although quite pricey compared to other drugstore brands, it does last a long time. It is a bit thicker than most foundations Ive used, but it's great for bad skin days. I think this may be too much for oily skin types though.

on 5/11/2017 1:56:00 PM

This is good foundation; so much better than L'Oreal and not so orange like Estee Lauder. I got the lightest 15 shade for my tragically pale skin, and amazingly it is a perfect match. That almost never happens; foundation can make you look pale like a zombie or too tan, so this is a happy day. It's smooth with high coverage and a dewy sheen.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this! Perfect coverage in a hurry makeup and scored low on the skin deep website so I'm not worried about wearing it too often!

on 12/29/2016 4:50:00 AM

It is by far the best drugstore foundation.it covers really well without feeling heavy and it stays all day.

I really like this foundation because it covers major redness really well and makes my skin look great, but it's not waterproof/water-resistant or transfer resistant. If you end up crying while wearing this makeup, be prepared to see the makeup disappear in the undereye area (unless you're wearing a completely separate concealer there). If this makeup were water-resistant, it would be among my top favorite full coverage foundations.

on 11/24/2016 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a review for Vichy Dermablend for sensitive skin (sleek black tube)

May I announce that I am in love? My search is over, at least for colder months. Last summer I used to go without foundation, I prefer natural look when the sun is high and temperatures are over 25-30C.

I used Vichy Teint Ideal but was not completely satisfied with the result over time. I actually was thrilled on the beginning of use but something was missing. In the meantime I tried lot of foundations, was satisfied with few of them but not in a way that I love them - the most important thing is that they not make chaos on my extremely sensitive skin That was the first "terms of use". However either my skin looked dull and chalky or reacted like crazy etc.

Now I gave some extra time to this foundation before I said "well, that's it, I really, really like it.
First of all - it calms my skin somehow even when the skin shows some signs of disobedience;-) It is creamy and even heavy while blending but it is light on skin and I don't even feel it at all. I always put foundations only with my fingers. I tried other ways of applications but I just like my fingers. It stays on my skin the entire day, I wore it since 7h in the morning till midnight few times and it was fresh and without caking or other signs of fading from skin. I also did do some touch up few times also by reapplying it on my extremely shinny nose and forehead during day and it did not looked dirty or stained. Of course, I always first blot my skin with clean handkerchief.
The color is not exactly my match in 100%, I use 25 Nude, The lighter nuance was too light, I prefer this one. If I get shinny all over my face which happens sometimes when I sweat or during PMS I just blot it with handkerchief and the tissue soaks only grease but not the powder. After bloting my skin looks fresh.
It takes time to get rid of it in the evening:-) but I have found my best routine - Avene m+cleansing milk, then Avene micellar water and after that just washing my face with clean lukewarm water.
Well, as I said already - I am really in love and hope that this love will last... I don't even think for trying something else like I used to do before!

on 11/13/2016 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Edit: unfortunately the last reformulation changed it all. Number 15 is now lighter with pinky undertones and the texture is completely different. What a pity.
----
This is the best Foundation I have ever found!! It hides sun spots, acne discoloration, blemishes... and still makes your skin look lovely and natural. I like the liquid consistency, that makes application with a standard foundation brush very easy. I also like the finish very much, kind of mate, but glowy at the same time. And it's very longlasting (survives at least one hour in the swimming pool). My color is 15 - opal, though it looks orange at sight, it matches my skin perfectly (rc - buff, mufe 117, mac - close to nc20). In my country the price is less than half of what I would have to pay for mac or mufe. And it is non acnegenic. In conclusion: this is a fantastic product for people with problematic skin, give it a try. This is my all-time favorite foundation, by far.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Loving this more economical than ordering Kat von D Lovk it from the US. Doesnt break me out. Opal is my perfect shade in the cooler months during summer i mix with the nude shade. You could lighten this with kryolans ultra foundation in white or tv white. Finish is matte but not too matte doesnt look cakey. Oily skin should set this with powder in the t zone.

I orginally bought this to use as a concealer, but ended up using as a foundation as the coverage and finish are both excellent. I purchased the shade Opal (15) which at the time was the lightest colour available. I think Vichy have since added some new shades (1 lighter and a couple of darker colours), the range is still quite limited though. Opal matches my NC15 ish skin fairly well, but it does tend to oxidise slightly after I've applied - nothing major, but it definitely darkens a little bit.

I'd say the foundation is quite runny and thin in consistency, which is quite unusual for a full coverage foundation. This does mean that the packaging can be a bit of a pain as product does tend to come out the tube quite quickly and the screw on lid gets quite messy after a while. Again, not a major gripe, but a bottle and pump type packaging would be nice. I normally use my Bobbi Brown Full Coverage foundation brush to apply and a pea sized amount of foundation is enough to cover my entire face. Coverage is excellent - this stuff evens out all the redness and problem areas for me and doesn't look or feel heavy or cakey on my skin like a lot of fuller coverage bases do. I can't say I've had any problems with this sitting in pores or fine lines either which is normally an issue for me, and no problems with breakouts either.

The only downside for me is lasting power. I have very oily skin and Dermablend's Corrective foundation just doesn't last at all. I've tried with a number of different primers and setting powders and I just cannot get it to last past a couple of hours without having my face turn into a shiny, oily mess. A real disappointment for me as application, coverage and overall feel of the product on my skin is fantastic. I'd actually go as far to say it's one of the most natural looking, fuller coverage bases I've tried and very reasonably priced, too.

I can't say I'd repurchase myself due to the rubbish lasting power on my oily skin, but I'd definitely recommend to people with more normal skin types who are looking for a full coverage base. If you can find a colour match and have more of a combination, normal or even drier skin type, I think this would be a great foundation.