Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation

Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4, Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparaben, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethano, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylparaben.

on 11/24/2016 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a review for Vichy Dermablend for sensitive skin (sleek black tube)

May I announce that I am in love? My search is over, at least for colder months. Last summer I used to go without foundation, I prefer natural look when the sun is high and temperatures are over 25-30C.

I used Vichy Teint Ideal but was not completely satisfied with the result over time. I actually was thrilled on the beginning of use but something was missing. In the meantime I tried lot of foundations, was satisfied with few of them but not in a way that I love them - the most important thing is that they not make chaos on my extremely sensitive skin That was the first "terms of use". However either my skin looked dull and chalky or reacted like crazy etc.

Now I gave some extra time to this foundation before I said "well, that's it, I really, really like it.
First of all - it calms my skin somehow even when the skin shows some signs of disobedience;-) It is creamy and even heavy while blending but it is light on skin and I don't even feel it at all. I always put foundations only with my fingers. I tried other ways of applications but I just like my fingers. It stays on my skin the entire day, I wore it since 7h in the morning till midnight few times and it was fresh and without caking or other signs of fading from skin. I also did do some touch up few times also by reapplying it on my extremely shinny nose and forehead during day and it did not looked dirty or stained. Of course, I always first blot my skin with clean handkerchief.
The color is not exactly my match in 100%, I use 25 Nude, The lighter nuance was too light, I prefer this one. If I get shinny all over my face which happens sometimes when I sweat or during PMS I just blot it with handkerchief and the tissue soaks only grease but not the powder. After bloting my skin looks fresh.
It takes time to get rid of it in the evening:-) but I have found my best routine - Avene m+cleansing milk, then Avene micellar water and after that just washing my face with clean lukewarm water.
Well, as I said already - I am really in love and hope that this love will last... I don't even think for trying something else like I used to do before!

on 11/13/2016 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Edit: unfortunately the last reformulation changed it all. Number 15 is now lighter with pinky undertones and the texture is completely different. What a pity.
----
This is the best Foundation I have ever found!! It hides sun spots, acne discoloration, blemishes... and still makes your skin look lovely and natural. I like the liquid consistency, that makes application with a standard foundation brush very easy. I also like the finish very much, kind of mate, but glowy at the same time. And it's very longlasting (survives at least one hour in the swimming pool). My color is 15 - opal, though it looks orange at sight, it matches my skin perfectly (rc - buff, mufe 117, mac - close to nc20). In my country the price is less than half of what I would have to pay for mac or mufe. And it is non acnegenic. In conclusion: this is a fantastic product for people with problematic skin, give it a try. This is my all-time favorite foundation, by far.

To Read all 331 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Loving this more economical than ordering Kat von D Lovk it from the US. Doesnt break me out. Opal is my perfect shade in the cooler months during summer i mix with the nude shade. You could lighten this with kryolans ultra foundation in white or tv white. Finish is matte but not too matte doesnt look cakey. Oily skin should set this with powder in the t zone.

I orginally bought this to use as a concealer, but ended up using as a foundation as the coverage and finish are both excellent. I purchased the shade Opal (15) which at the time was the lightest colour available. I think Vichy have since added some new shades (1 lighter and a couple of darker colours), the range is still quite limited though. Opal matches my NC15 ish skin fairly well, but it does tend to oxidise slightly after I've applied - nothing major, but it definitely darkens a little bit.

I'd say the foundation is quite runny and thin in consistency, which is quite unusual for a full coverage foundation. This does mean that the packaging can be a bit of a pain as product does tend to come out the tube quite quickly and the screw on lid gets quite messy after a while. Again, not a major gripe, but a bottle and pump type packaging would be nice. I normally use my Bobbi Brown Full Coverage foundation brush to apply and a pea sized amount of foundation is enough to cover my entire face. Coverage is excellent - this stuff evens out all the redness and problem areas for me and doesn't look or feel heavy or cakey on my skin like a lot of fuller coverage bases do. I can't say I've had any problems with this sitting in pores or fine lines either which is normally an issue for me, and no problems with breakouts either.

The only downside for me is lasting power. I have very oily skin and Dermablend's Corrective foundation just doesn't last at all. I've tried with a number of different primers and setting powders and I just cannot get it to last past a couple of hours without having my face turn into a shiny, oily mess. A real disappointment for me as application, coverage and overall feel of the product on my skin is fantastic. I'd actually go as far to say it's one of the most natural looking, fuller coverage bases I've tried and very reasonably priced, too.

I can't say I'd repurchase myself due to the rubbish lasting power on my oily skin, but I'd definitely recommend to people with more normal skin types who are looking for a full coverage base. If you can find a colour match and have more of a combination, normal or even drier skin type, I think this would be a great foundation.

on 7/21/2016 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have dry skin with some redness on my cheeks. However i do not like full coverage i really, really love this.
I take a small amound of product and mix it with a drop of Huile Santal (Clarins), which my face loves. Mixing Dermablend with the oil makes the coverage of Dermablend like light or medium (depents on how much oil i use). Than i use a small amound of Dermablend as a concealer on the red areas of my face. I set it with Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre. It's gorgeous! My face looks natural, dewy and even. I've tried a lot of high end foundations but my dry face didn't really like them (Guerlain, Lancome, Chanel, Estee Lauder)...This is the perfect solution for me, love it!

I'm a Asian male in my late 20s with occasional pimples on my face. My skin is combination type (oily t-zone and a bit dry u-zone)with a bright warm skin tone with a bit of rosacea around my front cheek and nose. I use this as a concealer since it has fantastic coverage and excellently diffuses redness. It's easy to build up for desired coverage, and very mattifying which is good for my oily-combo skin. It is extremely water/sweat resistant and long lasting. Doesn't irritate my skin and cause pimples too. I love this product! But you'll need to be skillful to apply this product, and since it's mattifying, overuse of the product can make you look cakey. I use only a small amount on spots and pimples after I apply my sunscreen(Anthelios AK) for a more clean and perfected look. Highly recommend this product for people with oily/acne prone skin who needs medium to full coverage.

on 6/6/2016 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great as a concealer, but I find it veeeeery cakey in my oily face, I dont know why... It dosen't last, it oxides bahh... I just use it in some imperfections and as my under eye concealer

Pros: high coverage, easy application, didn't brake me out, softened my skin. Cons: color selection, wear time, wouldn't recommend it to somene with oily skin because it would wear off quickly. This foundation works for my dry, acne prone skin. I use the lightest shade and put a small amount all over my face and then cover up my blemishes by taking a bit more of the product partially if anything stays uncovered. P.s. english is not my first language, so I appologise for any errors that this review might have.

on 5/8/2016 2:35:00 PM

Excellent foundation with brilliant coverage, little goes a long way and blends beautifully, I use it on my arms to cover imperfections and as a regular foundation. Brought this twice now, definitely re purchase again and does not cause breakouts!

on 5/7/2016 4:12:00 PM

I bought this to cover up redness I had developed as a reaction to another product - I have super sensitive skin - I don't usually wear foundation and after I had bought it I read loads of negative reviews saying the colours were orange and it was cakey, so I started to panic! However, I am so pleased with this!

I appy it with a wet sponge over clarins beauty balm and my skin looks so much better. I thought it would look like a mask but it actually goes on really nicely and I found it easy to blend so that it looks natural.

It's staying power is fantastic and no touch ups are required all day.

I bought it in the opal shade, which I worried about after reading reviews as I am really pale (boots colour match matched me at the lightest possible shade). However, the colour is perfect!

The only tiny downside is the packaging. It's easy to squeeze too much out and waste it!

Overall, I am so happy with this. Highly recommended for pale, dry, sensitive skin like I have been cursed with!