Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation

Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4, Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparaben, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethano, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylparaben.

I orginally bought this to use as a concealer, but ended up using as a foundation as the coverage and finish are both excellent. I purchased the shade Opal (15) which at the time was the lightest colour available. I think Vichy have since added some new shades (1 lighter and a couple of darker colours), the range is still quite limited though. Opal matches my NC15 ish skin fairly well, but it does tend to oxidise slightly after I've applied - nothing major, but it definitely darkens a little bit.

I'd say the foundation is quite runny and thin in consistency, which is quite unusual for a full coverage foundation. This does mean that the packaging can be a bit of a pain as product does tend to come out the tube quite quickly and the screw on lid gets quite messy after a while. Again, not a major gripe, but a bottle and pump type packaging would be nice. I normally use my Bobbi Brown Full Coverage foundation brush to apply and a pea sized amount of foundation is enough to cover my entire face. Coverage is excellent - this stuff evens out all the redness and problem areas for me and doesn't look or feel heavy or cakey on my skin like a lot of fuller coverage bases do. I can't say I've had any problems with this sitting in pores or fine lines either which is normally an issue for me, and no problems with breakouts either.

The only downside for me is lasting power. I have very oily skin and Dermablend's Corrective foundation just doesn't last at all. I've tried with a number of different primers and setting powders and I just cannot get it to last past a couple of hours without having my face turn into a shiny, oily mess. A real disappointment for me as application, coverage and overall feel of the product on my skin is fantastic. I'd actually go as far to say it's one of the most natural looking, fuller coverage bases I've tried and very reasonably priced, too.

I can't say I'd repurchase myself due to the rubbish lasting power on my oily skin, but I'd definitely recommend to people with more normal skin types who are looking for a full coverage base. If you can find a colour match and have more of a combination, normal or even drier skin type, I think this would be a great foundation.

on 7/21/2016 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have dry skin with some redness on my cheeks. However i do not like full coverage i really, really love this.
I take a small amound of product and mix it with a drop of Huile Santal (Clarins), which my face loves. Mixing Dermablend with the oil makes the coverage of Dermablend like light or medium (depents on how much oil i use). Than i use a small amound of Dermablend as a concealer on the red areas of my face. I set it with Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre. It's gorgeous! My face looks natural, dewy and even. I've tried a lot of high end foundations but my dry face didn't really like them (Guerlain, Lancome, Chanel, Estee Lauder)...This is the perfect solution for me, love it!

To Read all 329 Reviews, Login or Join

I'm a Asian male in my late 20s with occasional pimples on my face. My skin is combination type (oily t-zone and a bit dry u-zone)with a bright warm skin tone with a bit of rosacea around my front cheek and nose. I use this as a concealer since it has fantastic coverage and excellently diffuses redness. It's easy to build up for desired coverage, and very mattifying which is good for my oily-combo skin. It is extremely water/sweat resistant and long lasting. Doesn't irritate my skin and cause pimples too. I love this product! But you'll need to be skillful to apply this product, and since it's mattifying, overuse of the product can make you look cakey. I use only a small amount on spots and pimples after I apply my sunscreen(Anthelios AK) for a more clean and perfected look. Highly recommend this product for people with oily/acne prone skin who needs medium to full coverage.

on 6/6/2016 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great as a concealer, but I find it veeeeery cakey in my oily face, I dont know why... It dosen't last, it oxides bahh... I just use it in some imperfections and as my under eye concealer

Pros: high coverage, easy application, didn't brake me out, softened my skin. Cons: color selection, wear time, wouldn't recommend it to somene with oily skin because it would wear off quickly. This foundation works for my dry, acne prone skin. I use the lightest shade and put a small amount all over my face and then cover up my blemishes by taking a bit more of the product partially if anything stays uncovered. P.s. english is not my first language, so I appologise for any errors that this review might have.

on 5/8/2016 2:35:00 PM

Excellent foundation with brilliant coverage, little goes a long way and blends beautifully, I use it on my arms to cover imperfections and as a regular foundation. Brought this twice now, definitely re purchase again and does not cause breakouts!

on 5/7/2016 4:12:00 PM

I bought this to cover up redness I had developed as a reaction to another product - I have super sensitive skin - I don't usually wear foundation and after I had bought it I read loads of negative reviews saying the colours were orange and it was cakey, so I started to panic! However, I am so pleased with this!

I appy it with a wet sponge over clarins beauty balm and my skin looks so much better. I thought it would look like a mask but it actually goes on really nicely and I found it easy to blend so that it looks natural.

It's staying power is fantastic and no touch ups are required all day.

I bought it in the opal shade, which I worried about after reading reviews as I am really pale (boots colour match matched me at the lightest possible shade). However, the colour is perfect!

The only tiny downside is the packaging. It's easy to squeeze too much out and waste it!

Overall, I am so happy with this. Highly recommended for pale, dry, sensitive skin like I have been cursed with!

I really love this foundation. I bought it in the shade Opal which suits my skin perfectly although it can be a bit too light for me at times and isn't in the slightest bit orange on me at all. I have now also bought the shade nude to add a few drops when needed to opal to warm it up when required. The shade Nude is perfect for me in the summer. I don't find this foundation cakes at all on me. I moisturise my face well anyway and have a good skincare regime.
I apply this on my face sheerly using either a foundation brush or my fingers. I love the coverage as I can get red cheeks and mild rosacea so it evens my skin out beautifully. I like that I don't have to wear a concealer with this.
I also find that this foundation actually improves the texture of my skin generally so Im more than happy wearing it as I don't feel it is harming my skin or causing any breakouts at all.
I really like the consistency, it stays on all day without requiring any touch ups and my redness is hidden all day. I do use the dermablend powder with it which I think is also brilliant. So if you have a common skin colour like mine then opal is a great shade, not orange at all. My shade to reference is boots No7 warm ivory which I had colour matched and is apparently the most common shade in the UK.
As with any foundation I sometimes mix in a blob of a luminous primer for some glow and find this still has great staying power.
It also never oxidises on me like some other foundations. I have combination skin.
I really recommend this.

on 4/10/2016 11:35:00 AM

High coverage ,good price. And it has spf proctection. its my second tube and i will repurhase.

on 4/10/2016 11:08:00 AM

AWFUL I have acne and the coverage is cakey and disgusting, not to mention all of the colours are unnatural. Stay away