Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation

Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4, Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparaben, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethano, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylparaben.

on 10/1/2018 10:29:00 AM

This foundation have a great coverage at all, really looks amazing on skin. only negative is that this make up rubs away on fingers, hanky, t shirts andits so on. its a pity really. this is only one negative about this foundation. it has really nice powder matt finnish on skin. iam satisfied with this foundation but i will use it only when i go outside and when i will dont touch to face.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Shame as coverage is one of the best out there.
Assumed it would suit my sensitive skin but it must have a hidden ingredient that I’m allergic to as my face started to swell & broke out quite badly :(

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This foundation has amazing pigment. It is full coverage and with this I don't feel as if you need concealer. However I do set it with powder as I feel it transfers off very easily. They don't have an amazing shade unfortunately so if you do need to mix shades I think it could pricey to maintain. I think this foundation is worth the money though! Although its full coverage it doesn't look caked on and has a nice glow to it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

In Romania this comes in an all-black squeeze-tube. This foundation is magical. It covers like a dream (full coverage), looks incredibly natural for its level of coverage, super-blendable, has SPF, doesn't irritate or break me out, a little goes a long way.

However I gave it four lippies because it has two downsides. One is the stay power, which is quite low (an average of 6 hours, maybe 8 if I am extra-careful and it's a good day), after that it looks cakey, and it's not transfer-proof at all. The other one is the shade range- there are only 4 shades in Romania. The lightest one, Opal, looks very orange when swatched and is a bit too dark for me, but when blended onto the skin I can pull it off quite nicely on my very fair, otherwise neutral skin.

Downsides and all, I will repurchase, as this continues to be my favourite foundation.

on 2/13/2018 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used to use the one in white tube (as per picture) and liked it. Now I've bought it in a black tube and it's almost the same foundation with very similar ingredients. I was worried at first hen I noticed the new one contains SPF (my skin hates chemical sunscreens), but - thankfully - it's titanium dioxide, so safe for me. Mind you, there seem to be two black tube foundations now: the corrective one I am using and the 3D one. The 3D foundation contains salicylic acid, which doesn't agree with my skin.
What I like about it:
- longevity (about 8 hours on my skin, which is really good),
- very good coverage (even if it doesn't cover the angry, red spots, it does so upon second application as a concealer)
- quite nice glow
- non-drying
- extremely well pigmented
- doesn't break me out - how cool is that? Very!
I apply it either with my fingers, flat top or dry miracle sponge by Real Techniques. For some reason it doesn't work well with the wet one. Overall, the only foundation I use in wintertime, which doesn't break me out and is good value for money when bought in an online pharmacy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This has been my go-to foundation and HG concealer for many years.

It's heavy duty but mixes beautifully with oil and/or moisturizer for lighter coverage.

It's only shortcoming is the limited shade range, and it's not inexpensive so mixing shades becomes costly.

If you're looking for a complete coverage concealer and foundation with excellent finish I think this is worth a try. I apply it with my finger tips, wait a few minutes then blend with a beauty blender or small diffusing brush.

on 9/8/2017 11:31:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Good things:
coverage is full
not drying
without fragrance

Bad things:
very hard or impossible to find the right shade (tried 15 and 25, they are both pink)
very noticeable on face, even when applied with wet beauty blender (with fingers it looks horrible)
makes skin shiny

on 9/7/2017 5:46:00 AM

I have just decided to repurchase this product as I ran out and meanwhile I've been using other foundations/concealers but they did not work just as well.
To be specific, I love this one as it covers pigmentation extremely well, without making skin look or feel dry, cakey or flakey. Also, a little goes a long way, I use moisturizer on my face and on top of that apply dermablend foundation more in a manner of a concealer. then I blend it away with a foundatioun brush to cover all the areas that need more or less coverage and finally go over the entire face with a clean kabuki brush (instead of applying setting powder). In such way the product covers all pigmentations and any spots perfectly and is not noticable as itself. Blends extremely well and actually looks seamless. I am also very happy because I am 50 and, even though I naturally don't have a lot of lines, but do have some puffiness, this product makes puffiness less visible and does not emphasize the lines, on contrary! I use shade 15 as it complements my pale, slightly pink complextion with pigmentations. I will always have one tube of vichy dermablend no matter what other products I may try in parallel.

on 6/25/2017 12:04:00 PM

The current version of this (in the black tube) works really well for me. I have tried Dermablend product before, when they were in the white packaging and neither the liquid nor the stick worked out for me, too heavy and shades were unnatural looking on me. This one is a wast improvement, the texture is thinner, like a fluid. It blends so well with both fingers and brushes. For application I actually prefer to apply it with a brush and then do a final blend with fingers. The coverage is full, it has managed to cover everything that I've tried to hide. Birthmarks, scars, dark circles, blood vessels, bruises, breakouts are all no issue for this foundation. If a single layer isn't enough, it layers beautifully, although I never had to put more than 3 layers on. Not sure how well it can hide tattoos, though, haven't had the opportunity to try. Out of all the products that claim to have full coverage (Estee Lauder, It Cosmetics, Graftobian, KvD and those) Dermablend does seem to have higher pigment density, but not as chalky (Vichy says it has 30% pigment). Alone Dermablend foundation lasts the advertised 16 hours, but I find it has to be applied directly on bare skin, without any product underneath. Other moisturizers, especially more emollient ones or sunscreens shorten the life-span of Dermablend on skin, but even then it lasts 10-12 h easily. The Dermablend setting powder does extend the staying power, it literally lasts till it gets washed off, but changes the look to matte and somewhat obvious. With the setting powder the foundation also becomes transfer- and water- proof, alone the foundation can travel on to fabrics and won't last in rain or high humidity, but again - compared to other full-coverage foundations Dermablend doesn't transfer as much and lasts through the most unbearable conditions. My only issue is the range of shades. The foundation comes in 5 shades only and I find not one matches me exactly. It's why I only rate it 4 stars. I have the 15 Opal and 25 Nude and I have to mix them to get a somewhat close match, alone 15 is too pink and 25 is too orange.

on 6/25/2017 10:15:00 AM

This foundation is awesome, I have mature skin I'm 47 and I've gone through many foundations, Estée Lauder Double Wear Light, It cosmetics your skin but better, Urban Decay Naked Mac Mineralize and many more! Vitchy Dermablend gives my skin full coverage without looking caked on, it gives beautiful and flawless coverage without looking like a mask, your skin but better, I use the shade Opal and Nude together and when I get a little bit of sun I just use the nude shade, my only gripes is that it does transfer onto things, and I don't care for the packaging, but other than that it's the best foundation in my collection