Delux Beauty Lip Gloss [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

on 11/30/2005 2:47:00 PM

Okay, I'm getting a little tired reading about all these complaints about paying $15 for such a teeny-tiny tube of lip gloss. For the record....there is as much product in Delux's little tubes as in any fatty Mac or Trish lip gloss. Delux just doesn't add a gigantic lid or pad the container with thick plastic. If the fat lid is important to you, that's another story....

on 6/25/2005 7:51:00 AM

I love these lipglosses, being a gloss lover I've tried all of them but I've found these to become my HG gloss. First the most important to me is the texture, much more so than color because if it's uncomfortable to wear then i do these weird things with my lips which is very unattractive, hence wearing gloss would be a moot point. These glosses have a texture that is tacky enough to give lips a great sheen however its not MAC lipglass tacky that all my hair eventually ends up on my lips. Secondly, I love that they maintained integrity in their packaging and put the needs of the customer first when they designed the tube, in that they have the same amount of gloss as a standard high end lip gloss however they cut out all the bulk even though people may be turned off by the size. Thirdly, the colors are great and they have a ton of different colors to match any skin tone. However these glosses are not super pigmented and are pretty sheer, and since I have pretty pigmented lips I use their multi-purpose primer (which I will also be reviewing) and lighten my lips first then apply the glosses and the color shows up true and amazing

I do not yet own one of these but my friend does, and I borrow hers all the time. I love the cute, tiny tube, which is great for a pocket or small purse and actually gives you a lot of product. Also the bright pinky with glitter/shimmer color she has (I think it's Jasper) is gorgeous--it looks shiny, pinky, and shimmery on the lips. The only complaint I have it that the glitter in it is a little gritty. However it doesn't look like kindergarden project glitter (though it feels like it), it just looks shimmery. Which is good. Also, it's a tiny bit sticky...but if you want good staying power, you have to have stickiness. So all in all a very nice product. And I can't get over the cute names and the tiny tubes!

on 8/28/2004 12:38:00 AM

At first I was in shock about the size. It seemed so small and I felt cheated. Then I looked at the actual amounts, I'm over it now.
I got this in Francis. I love this color because it is like my lips, but better. I can really play up the eyes and wear this gloss for a truly fab look. It is a very fleshy color with a subtle shimmer. It isn't so glossy that my lips reflect, but they "glow". I like it and will probably buy it again.

on 1/18/2004 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I do love the colors of these glosses, but the amount you get for the price and the lack of consistency is not great. I have Addison, Norris, Denton, and Pepi. Pepi is a pretty pinky red and is the best of the four I have, but all vanish quickly from my lips. Denton looks like a natural beige in the tube, but goes on clear which is a bit frustrating. Addison looks like a soft pink with glitter in the tube, but goes on clear with a tiny shimmer effect. Norris is similar to Spark by Chanel, but it has no staying power like the Chanel. I also think the amount you get for the price is ridiculous. The tube is approximately three inches long and costs $15 dollars! No way. Chanel Glossimer wins again.

on 1/6/2004 6:45:00 PM

I have a (very) small container which has 4 glosses in it: Rowan, Marshall, Denton, and Norris. I love how they go on (very smooth and velvety, not sticky at all), love the sheerness of the colors. They don't last long but what lip gloss does? I'll definitely repurchase as separate items - maybe not the Rowan, but definitely the others.

on 8/29/2003 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

these look so beautiful and are so tiny. the tiny package is a plus for those with small purses. and they are hardly sticky like most glosses out there. not ultra glossy but has a nice shine. my favorite shade is addison. it's an opaque bright, yet soft pink and it shows up on my medium skin.

This is my favorite gloss. Absolutely gorgeous colors. Medium consistency...equal parts slick and tack. Nice packaging. Somewhat small for price. As with most glosses, must reapply often.

on 5/26/2003 2:14:00 PM

I really like Delux glosses for their non-sticky texture, beautiful color selection, and cute packaging. I have Asher (nude pink), Norris (sheer red), and Denton (clear pink with sparkles). Their lasting power isn't so hot (which is why I took off a lipstick) but for a thinner, non-sticky gloss, it isn't too bad. They will fade off within a couple of hours even if I'm not eating or drinking anything. I like the tiny tube and how it fits right into your pocket or purse. It looks like you aren't getting much product but like other reviewers have said, you are getting more than it looks like.

on 3/18/2003 6:03:00 PM

Such good color! Such good texture! No issues with smell or the small size (better to fit into my tiny purse). Have Norris and am probably going back for more.