Dejavu (Imju) Fiberwig Lash Knockout

Dejavu (Imju) Fiberwig Lash Knockout

3.6

WATER, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, AMMONIUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, CERESIN. BEESWAX, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, TRIETHANOLAMINE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, SORBITAN STEARATE, CETETH-20, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, POLYSORBATE-60, DISODIUM EDTA, METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, CARBON BLACK(CI 77266)

on 5/4/2016 1:23:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is the second mascara I tried (my first mascara being too difficult to remove even with makeup remover which made my skin hurt because I kept trying to rub it off), and I must say that I haven't found any faults with it so far. Personally, I am not a fan of dramatic eyelashes, and I use mascara just to give my eyes a bit more 'freshness'. So I just apply this over my natural lashes a couple of times without curling them and it just helps to enhance my natural lashes.

I find that this mascara has a very 'natural-looking' effect and it is buildable, but it thickens the lash area rather than lengthens it, so you won't get the spidery kind of lashes but rather lush-looking lashes. So for those looking for long lashes, this probably will not work as effectively? I have been using this as a daily mascara for nearly a year now because I find it fuss-free and really easy to use. I hate having makeup products smear all over the rim and caps of the bottle, so I usually have to be extra careful if the tube/applicator is small. However, this mascara is comfortable to hold - because the tube is fat- and I rarely accidentally squish the side of it into the rim (so I rated this packaging as 4/5!).

When I first opened it, the brush applicator was quite clumpy on my lashes, and apparently cleaning the brush helps with this (some beauty hack), so I just wiped the brush on a slightly damp tissue to clear the excess product and ever since then I do not have any trouble. I would recommend this for beginners (like me!) because it is a simple product to use - plus it is easy to remove! I would probably use this for awhile more until I find another mascara that is similar to this.

Hope this helps you in deciding whether to get it!
*Bought this at Sasa in-store

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Super suitable as a daily mascara. I get tonnes of compliment when I wear this, and I haven't gone to school without a few coats ever since I found this.

+ Very natural
+ Buildable
+ Doesn't flake
+ Not clumpy
+ Easy removal (no lash fallouts!!!)

- Takes pretty long to dry
- Doesn't hold the curl very well

I'll layer Benefit's Roller Lash beneath this if I want a bit more length and curl.
If you happen to cry, just know that this will stay, so long as you don't rub your eyes!!

To Read all 645 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/28/2015 9:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I've used Fiberwig mascaras before successfully, so this was a big disappointment. The consistency of the product was fine, the brush was large but manageable, and the formula did not irritate my eyes. BUT, the stuff took forever to dry, remaining squishy and tacky on my lashes for ages, didn't hold a curl and didn't volumise much at all, despite several coats (and it didn't layer very well at all - it kind of clumped up on my lashes). There was no lengthening, but I'm not sure that was part of this mascara's point.
Maybe it's the "new formula"? I'm not sure, but I gave this one up before finishing the tube. It did not work for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got the red one- extra long pure black. sadly product did not work for me im not sure why.

on 2/15/2015 10:08:00 PM

I love the Fiberwig mascara - it's too bad Sephora stopped carrying it. It does not irritate my eyes (as the Cliniques ones did) and does not budge until I apply pressure with water to remove it (which is awesome; I liked Diorshow before but this is much better in terms of staying power). I am on my third tube; Urban Outfitters has this online.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Three days after using this, I'm in love.

Why I like this mascara so much:
1. It does not sting my sensitive eyes (I wear contact lenses)
2. The fiber does not flake (as long as you don't curl your eyelashes after applying mascara)
3. It lengthens my lashes (my lashes are really long after using this)
4. It adds volume but you have to layer it
5. It moderately holds the curl (after using eyelash curler) which is pretty awesome considering my monolids keep pushing the lashes down.
6. It is super black
7. No clumping, no smearing
8. It is easy to remove, just use warm water. No tugging needed. No lash fallout (which often happens to me after using mascara).

Caveat:
Not available in where I live (Indonesia), but it can be ordered via sasa.com

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely LOVE this mascara. It doesn't smudge, clump or run. The brush makes it easy to apply and the formula lengthens my lashes.
Sephora stopped selling the mascara. Does anyone know where else I can get them? :(

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is now, officially, my go-to daily mascara. I've just purchased my second tube (plus a backup) which means it has to be phenomenal. The last time I repurchased a mascara was Too Faced Lash Injection (before they changed the formula) and L'Oreal's Shocking Volume in waterproof (before it was discontinued: boo-hoo!).

No, I haven't given it 5 lippies. I have stubby, fine lashes & I'm a mascara slut. Always have been and probably always will be. If I don't have at least 3 mascaras on the go (and another couple open) at any one time, check my pulse: it means I'm dead. I've never met Mr Right-Mascara and I don't believe he exists.

I discovered Lash Knockout on Asian blogs as its apparently a standard that every girl starts with: a counterpart to Rimmel or Maybelline in the West. Being a cosmeticaholic, I felt that it my duty to get a couple in online hauls of BB creams, mascaras and eyeliners from Sasa and YESSTYLE last year. I just popped this into the mix in order to get free delivery (yes, I definitely go overboard and end up with a lot of cheap trash and very little treasure).

This has turned out to be a treasure. It's not incredible, but it's very, very very good. I only ever have a couple of non-waterproof mascaras which I use instead of primers under my waterproof mascaras for extra vavoom. This isn't waterproof but a tubing mascara. The formula reminds me of Too Faced Lash Injection without the crazy fibres that end up adhering to each other when you're trying to build the volume and length. While I adored Lash Injection, I lived in fear of fibre fallout landing in my eye. That stuff is pure burn and irritation. Once the eye watering starts, the warm, saline tears keep washing it off and you have sit around with a tissue stuffed in your eye until it stops. The Knockout formula is far more resilient. It's amazingly sweat, water and oily eye skin resistant but I doubt that it's tearproof (nor does it claim to be)... but it CAN withstand the severe dribble-eye I've suffered since having the inner lower tearduct removed nearly a decade ago. I now only feel it essential to wear waterproof mascara on cool, windy days when I know I'm most prone to an attack of the eye dribbles.

What's more, it's a fail-proof mascara. You'd have to be doing at outstandingly bad job of applying your mascara to get it wrong. I say that it's become my go-to mascara because I find myself reaching for it after my lengthy makeup application routine every morning because I don't have any fear clumping, mascara gloops anywhere around my eyes (especially the inadvertent unwanted extra eyeliner). Once I've done my mascara, I do my lipliner and lipstick, allowing the mascara to dry. Any 'accidents' are left to dry and lift off with a swipe of a cotton bud (q-tip), including a quick swipe along the lashline to remove any pseudo 'eyeliner gone mad' mascara lines.

There is no fibre fallout; no panda eyes (& I still have very oily skin around my eyes); no smudges. My lashes are left soft, light and I don't feel as if I have mascara on.

PROS:
- A good, buildable tubing mascara that reminds me of Maybelline's The Falsies Volume Express without the dangers of the clumpies and spider eyes (but you can still get pretty good length & volume working layers of it while its still tacky);
- Is actually seriously water resistant, humidity and eye dribble resistant, although not completely tearproof (unlike non-waterproof products like The Falsies which don't even survive a bout of yawns unless you stop blinking until your eyelashes dry);
- Doesn't look like fibre filled chunks building on each other as do ALL other fibre reliant lengthening and volumising mascaras;
- Easy to put on and easy to remove. Any contact with the skin mistakes are just left to dry for a few minutes and lift off with a cotton bud: no dramas;
- NOW, HERE'S THE BEAUTY PART! While it's a sure fire everyday mascara, once it's set you can go back in, put another quick coat, allow it to permeate the product already on your lashes, then brush through more to create dramatic lashes! It seems to re-wet and reactivate the formula so that you're not tugging through dried mascara and just making a mess. It's like you've been building layers from scratch! No more having to start your makeup all over again if you're going out after a day at work! No more having to put up with wishing you had brought some false eyelashes with you when you end up in a dark venue where your eyes have disappeared (or the mascara's worn away throughout the evening with no way of getting your eyes back except too much eyeliner to compensate to lack of lashes)!

CONS:
- Like all tubing formulas, the product dries out far sooner than normal formulas, even if - like me - you take care not to 'pump' the wand and introduce a lot of air into the product. Nevertheless, just like normal formulas, running the mascara tube under hot water or standing it in hot water for a couple of minutes does revive it. For me, this aspect of the mascara's lifespan isn't a drawback as I toss my mascaras once they've been open for more than 3 to 4 months as matter of hygiene.
- Can only be purchased online which means shipping costs and waiting.

PACKAGING:
Pretty ugly but functional. I've never been particularly concerned about anything other than the functionality of the packaging so, at 54, the last thing I care about is 'cute' or 'sophisticated'. I don't put on mascara in public. The bright pink tube with the tacky gold lid is easy to spot amidst my makeup and doesn't constantly fall over.

CONCLUSION:
I've found an everyday mascara! That's economically sound as I don't feel compelled to buy a new everyday mascara to try out every fortnight. Once I find a great waterproof AND tearproof mascara, I'll only need 2 mascaras. Are my days as a mascara slut numbered? I doubt it. Still, it's nice to find a mascara I'm actually impressed with.

I really like this stuff, but now that all of the drugstore brands make fiber mascara, i cannot justify spending this much on it!

on 3/8/2013 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this mascara. I'm have a monolid and lashes that sort of fold into the lid when I blink. This is the only mascara that doesn't smudge down onto my cheeks after a few hours. I've tried many and the tubing mascaras are the only ones that work and Fiberwig is the best of them. However, I can't find it anywhere recently. Was it discontinued?!