MAC Lipgelee in Ambient

No Image

I love lipgelle, they are nice and smooth and not too sticky. Great tube and great colors!

on 11/21/2007 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ambient has to be the sexiest gloss I've ever found! This shimmery corallish reddish peach gloss is the only non-nude gloss I have among my zillion glosses, so this one truly deserves mentioning. I was originally planning to get Jellybabe (again, a pretty rose nude shade) but when swatching all of the shades in the counter I instantly fell in love with it. Either used by itself or on top of peach lipsticks it looks fabulous! And the textures of Lipgelee is very comfy, not sticky like Lipglass yet not too thin like Lustreglass. I wished MAC would add more shades in this line.

on 6/13/2007 5:03:00 AM

Finally got my hands on this sucker!

Ambient is from the Asian Exclusive 'Lightful Collection'. It is a beautiful coral peach with fine silver and gold sparkle strewn through the product. If I had to describe the tube colour to people, I would say it was "as if Stereo Rose MSF had a lipgelee lovechild".

On the lips, like all lipgelees, Ambient is very sheer and only lightly tints the lips with the barest hint of colour. On my lips which I would consider to be slightly unpigmented, Ambient shows up as a bare glossy peach. I'm usually not a fan of silver in my lip colours because it tends to look a bit over the top and clashes with my warm complexion. The silver in Ambient kind of blends into the gloss and makes my lips look ultra shiny and luscious, and not remotely space-like.

Lipgelees dont have the best staying power because of their light, gel, non-sticky texture nor do they have tremendous colour payoff, but for anyone who likes glosses and natural lip colours that slightly vary in shades, I highly recommend them. I was not expecting to like Ambient as much as I do, and I highly recommend it to everyone. Whilst it is quite a warm colour, the silver does cool it down ever so slightly so I feel like this would be a wearable colour for everyone

on 2/16/2007 9:13:00 AM

Ambient is a coral-y red shade that is loaded with lots of silver shimmer! (It was released from the Asian Exclusive, LIGHTFUL collection) The texture of this lipgelee is thinner than regular lipglasses, yet it is not too sticky and still able to last on your lips forever :)

I am a C3/NC25-30 Asian and on me, this colour applies perfect! It is in the same colour family as Lychee Luxe/Tartlette/Petit Four/Raquel lipglasses but what stands out the most are the reflecting silver shimmers make this gloss 'appear' super glossy! These silver shimmers can also be found in the other products of this collection too - like the pigments and eyeshadows.

Funnily enough, I didn't buy this lipgelee because I needed to save money for Barbie, but this is a perfect shade! I do think that the squeeze-tube occassionally squirts out too much product, but the slanted applicator does a good job of applying the colour to the lips :)