4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

Lovely tuberose... at first spray, smelled a little soapy, I was worried, but about 10 minutes into the fragrance, it became very realistic, natural, beautiful, feminine. It is femme without being too sweet, and I was expecting the sugar cane to be a LOT worse. It is subtle and very beautiful. It isn't very strong like the others (Tubereuse Criminelle and Carnal Flower, which I also love), it is more a pretty fragrance for a nice spring day instead of being sexy or something to wear to seduce. The mid-notes are green, but softened, much more soft than Carnal Flower. The green doesn't hit you in the face with the sharpness of fresh-cut grass, it wafts like a growing flower, where the fragrance of the flower's nectar dominates. This whispers in a singing voice, lyrical, lilting, like lute or harp music, where others may speak seductive poetry (CF), or just completely take you to another place entirely (TC)... This is a perfume you would wear to make you feel beautiful, not so much for other people to notice and say "what is that you're wearing?" It's light and airy like a beautiful spring day... and I don't find anything about it strange at all, which is NOT to say that it is boring. Quite lovely, and though it may be a prettier, lighter, more youth-filled, just-bloomed tuberose, it isn't any less beautiful than the best hothouse ones out there. In fact, it just may be more so because it doesn't try too hard, it just is. I don't find it as creamy as Eclair de Tubereuse, but more "feminine, pretty" and less "gourmand." Notes listed, according to PST: Kalamanzi oil, green jasmine shoots, ylang-ylang, sugar cane, Indian tuberose, Sumatra benzoin and papyrus.

About reviewer (255 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Other, Warm

HairOther, Other, Other

10 years ago

I agree with the previous reviewer that this fragrance somehow evokes Hawaii, even though I've never been to Hawaii and wouldn't know what it smells like. I do, however, have some scents I associate with South Florida, and this is it. The sugar cane note in this tuberose fragrance sets it apart from the average tuberose and imparts a disctinctly succulent, green feeling that I love. It's like a summer vacation in a bottle.

About reviewer (135 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

10 years ago

Wow! This would be a beautiful scent for spring/summer or maybe year round if you live in CA or FL or HI, etc. This reminds me of Hawaii-gorgeous. Words like clear & high (pitched) come to mind & it's not too sweet or strong nor does it have a buttery or aggressive feel. It's also not boring or "ladylike" or stuffy or perfumey. To me this is stunning. PG makes a candle in this scent as well. This is my favorite tuberose scent-above Carnal Flower, Caron, Serge Lutens, etc. UPDATE: The lasting power on this is insane...over 24 hours & still going strong. Some may love that but I think it's a bit scary, really. Still an incredible scent, imo. Also, pretty sure I'm smelling Pikake here so no wonder it reminds me of HI.

About reviewer (178 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

11 years ago

This is a juicy floral scent with some tuberose. It is not completely a tuberose scent. The sugar cane note adds a wonderful elegant and restrained sweetness- the perfume is not as 'fleshy' as other tuberose based scents. To me, I find no similarity between this and Carnal Flower, Fracas or Tuberose Criminelle. It is quite unique and excellent in its own way. Lasting power is good.

About reviewer (463 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

12 years ago

I was so excited with the idea of blending sumptuous, buttery tuberose with sweet, juicy sugar cane. I love the smell of both but never thought they could be along side each other in perfumery. I love this kind of daring, 'out of the box' thinking about tuberose rendition so much that I ordered a sample of this and was indeed very impressed with the way it smells on me. This is one of the best tuberose, along with Carnal Flower and Tubereuse Criminelle. Tuberose Couture, like Carnal Flower, opens with the raw green top note, reminiscent of the wild, tropical jungle. Then the green accord dissipates and the milky tuberose starts to bloom, with a touch of sweet, mouth-watering sugar cane. I tried this along side Carnal Flower, Tubereuse Criminelle and Shalini and I think Tuberose Couture is the most 'girly' of all, while shalini is the most mature one, for its silky smooth petals tinged with soft powder. All are superior but I think Tuberose Couture is the most wearable, for its playful and lighthearted characteristic. It's not as 'intellectual', with strange, eccentric note, as Tubereuse Criminelle. This is worth a try for every tuberose lover.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBrown

12 years ago

For me Tubereuse Couture was an instant hit. I enjoy tuberose note in my fragrances in general and have worn Versace Blonde and Fracas in the past, but this is a whole new generation of tuberose and one that I absolutely adore. With notes of kalamanzi oil, green jasmine shoots, ylang-ylang, sugar cane, Indian tuberose, Sumatra benzoin and papyrus, this is a one intoxicating fragrance. Tubereuse Couture is velvety and elegant but quite fun and exciting at the same time. She reminds me a little bit of Carnal Flower but for the lack of a better word just comes off slightly less carnal then Carnal Flower. I love and wear both now.

About reviewer (135 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrown

EyesHazel

from

13 years ago

Like SL Tuberose Criminelle, this perfume also has a strange opening. On me it is a pungent, strong artificial smell almost like plastic, not entirely pleasant. But then the tuberose emerges, as creamy and buttery as they come but not overpowering and accompanied by a contrasting sugar cane note. This combination is a real winner. It stays pretty much like this all along. Extremely wearable. Notes are: kalamanzi oil, green jasmine shoots, ylang-ylang, sugar cane, Indian tuberose, Sumatra benzoin and papyrus.

About reviewer (133 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure