Napoleon Perdis China Doll Foundation

Napoleon Perdis China Doll Foundation

3.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This foundation is the pits of humanity. You'll require a trowel to apply it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is another foundation which receives the top rating from me as a must have. I am not a loyal follower of this brand by any means but I found this foundation when searching high and low for an appropriate wedding foundation - I was asked to do my friend's wedding makeup and took the job seriously.
I tested many foundations (pretty much every one on the market) under rigorous conditions. The foundation needed to satisfy pretty tough criteria: look natural in daylight, look good in photos with no white-cast in flash photography, touch up well after being applied at 6am, hold up well in crying conditions, minimal transfer due to bridal clothing and veil, look glam in the evening, medium coverage (bride had good skin), travel friendly as I had to bring with me to church then reception.
Surprisingly, this foundation met all the criteria and I was not expecting that! Thought I'd have to go way more high-end. In saying that, this costs the same as a high end foundie. However, if I ever have to do a wedding again, I will be going for this one no question. It has spf15 but there was no white-cast, and the photos looked amazing.
I personally use Look 2 and I'm NC30. It plays very well with my sunscreens so I'm happy, and it looks fantastic at the end of the workday. The lightest shade is Look 1 which I used on my bride. I like to use bb cream in winter but if I need a winter foundation, I would consider this.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product is AWESOME! I've avoided buying it for a while because the packaging look tacky- ignore the packing! I have really oily skin. Usually when I'm wearing a foundation I have to replace it every so often- which is time consuming and I go through foundation really fast. With this product though, I can apply it in the morning and it looks the same when I get home. I seriously love it. Not to mention, a little goes a long way. I just use a little dot of the foundation and BOOM: full coverage. It's awesome. I strongly recommend this to anyone with oily skin. On the other hand though, it doesn't hide redness or pimples very well. If you have really bad acne I would consider using a different product- like dermablend. My skin gets acne spots really easily (they go away after about a week), China Doll doesn't cover it very well. The price is really up there, but I think it's worth it. If you've ever come home and seen a sheen of oil on your forehead, cheeks, and nose, then this the product for you- seriously.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it so freaking much. The only reason I didn't give it 5 is price point. Last time I checked it was around $60 which is more than my Chanel. I've used what feels like every foundation out there and this is in my top 3 favorites. Honestly, it's one of the only things from this line I fell in love with. Great coverage and keeps me matte. I do wish they had a larger shade range thought. I feel like there is only about 6-8 shades.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I am very oily and bought this foundation as it was for oily skin and a matte finish. It didnt blend well, it looked cakey and you could just tell I was wearing makeup big time. NOT a fan of this foudation. Way too expensive for something that looks that bad.

on 7/8/2014 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have used so many different foundations and this is by far the best I have tried. I have oily acne-prone skin, and considering I'm a hairdresser I sweat and my face gets oily really fast. But I purchased this foundation and I'm so glad I did. The colour matched my skin perfectly and it dries into a powder finish which is a plus. I start work at 9 and don't get home till about 7.30-8 and my makeup looks exactly the same as it did when I left my house. I would recommend this to anyone that has oily skin. I wouldn't recommend it to someone who had dry skin.
The price is abit over the top but honestly you get what you pay for

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am a big fan of Napoleon Perdis products, I own several products that i will happily continue to purchase! Yet China Doll is definitely not one of these products.
I have quite dry skin, and this makeup tended to clog up within the areas that my skin was dry and gave me a patchy, almost dirty look to the face. The fact that it was also very hard to blend, and that it gave me an orange look. I have tried different colours/looks of this foundation, but none really seem to impress me at all! Although when i mixed my china doll foundation with my NARS sheer glow, it tended to work out better!
Yet, unfortunately, i would still not purchase this foundation again!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this foundation! It has a very full coverage though, so a little will go a very long way. My tube will last me a a year, and i wear it almost every day. Its great for getting a good coverage (I have lots of redness and some acne) and last pretty long. It also doesn't make me excessively oily like most foundations do. It is a little bit harder to blend and not look super heavy, so i wouldn't recommend for first time liquid foundation users.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I don't know what everyone's gripe about this stuff is. I love it! Went to ulta to purchase a long lasting foundation from smashbox and a beauty consultant turned me on to Napoleon after putting each on the opposite cheek, China Doll covered much better! I prefer to have a medium to full coverage foundation and I thought this was perfect. It's has build able coverage that works perfect for people who need a little more. I have extreme combo skin and China Doll blended beautifully. It never got oily, never flaky, never "moved" and got patchy. I apply my makeup around 6am and even by 8pm of still looks fresh! I've never had an issue needing a primer. I do still use a finishing powder (Tarte Smooth Operator) since I like that look so my forehead gets a little tight but nothing to overly dry my skin. The only things I don't like is the price and amount of product. The SA told me the tube should last me 9 mos...I use a little over a pea size amount every day and I would be surprised if I got past 3 mos. The price is a little ridiculous for what you get but so far this has been my HG of foundations. Some things are just worth it!

on 10/27/2013 9:17:00 PM

AMAZING!! But, I'm a poor college student now so I can't afford it.