MAC Malibu Barbie Lipglass

MAC Malibu Barbie Lipglass

4.8

I love! this lip gloss!! Its the perfect pinky pink! I have light skin so too much of it and it looks off but the perfect amount and my lips look like they were made my Mattel! It smells amazing and I love how well it stays on my lips.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

favorite hot pink lipglass. not too dark or purpley. Can be used intensely or lightly. amazing

Perfect, sheer, hot pink color. Makes my lips look like a piece of ripe watermelon. I'm not sure I could pull off this color in a lip stick, but definitely in a lipglass. Very true to color in the tube, only it's a sheer color wash. I hate opaque glosses that leaves my lips looking streaky. This is another lipglass that had millions of tiny shimmers that adds to the glossy look and isn't too frosty. I love the scent, and the fact that the shimmer in this gloss isn't gritty. Also, it doesn't feel quite as sticky as some l/g's.

I have light-medium skin with pink/peach/neutral undertones. Paired with a neutral or a smokey eye, and some Dolly-Mix blush and I've never looked better!

on 2/10/2008 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this one yet! This is the prettiest barbie lip glass they had, also most popular because it's the barbie hot pink shade. I love it so much!

on 11/19/2007 9:11:00 PM

This is my all time favourite hot pink lip gloss. Pink is my favourite colour and since I am so pale I find it difficult to find a good pink gloss that doesn't look ridiculous on me. This gloss does not: it shows just enough hot pink, and is sheer enough to not be overpowering. The packaging so very girly and cute:)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Malibu Barbie is an effortless shimmery hot pink, its not bright or to sheer or to light or to garish. I use a neutral liner line MAC Stripdown with it and its perfect. It's pretty lasting and sticky but not to sticky (I generally find the shimmer Lipglasses last longer than the creme ones for some reason) and I would totally rebuy if it were not limited edition.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this when I was all caught up in teh Barbie hype, thinking it would be too bright and yet enjoying throwing caution to the wind. In actuality, it is not too bright at all. It is actually the only pink gloss I have found that has the perfecf combination of some pigment so it pops with lots of gloss so it stays shiny. If it were not l/e, i would definitely rebuy and now that i am wearing it a lot i wish i would have bought a back up.

on 6/12/2007 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I thought this would be too bright, but it isn't at all. I love this color l/g and just swapped to get my second for backup!

The packaging of Malibu Barbie is adorable, along with the entire line. The color is very pretty, both in the tube and on the lips.. however, I disagree with the majority in saying this lip gloss is very wearable. If used lightly, it was natural & pretty, but if you apply it like a normal lip gloss.. you will end up looking a little over-the-top. I'm all for a pretty pink lip, I just found this lip gloss a little too.. something. Just didn't compliment me as much as I had hoped, which is disappointing, because I really wanted to love this color. However, this particular lipglass formula was very soft and not as sticky as usual, and the smell is very pretty.

Like Rocking Chick, it's an incredibly wearable fuschia color, and not only does it work with Rocking Chick it's also pretty "rocking" when worn alone as well. I've worn this with just clear lipliner and just the gloss by itself and it looks absolutely gorgeous!
I think just about anyone can pull this off without too much trouble.