Dior Rouge Dior 999 Celebrity Red

Dior Rouge Dior 999 Celebrity Red

4.5

on 6/28/2016 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A gorgeous classic red. Not blue-red, not orange-red. Just opaque pure red. And yet it's soft and not at all like a crimson slash which some so-called "true" reds look like.

It applies beautifully and it lasts, although not forever, but to me that's a good thing as I don't like lipsticks that end up looking like stains and feathering. It's not drying and it's not matte, yet it's not shiny. A very sophisticated and classy result.

Many have written how this is a good red for those with yellow undertones, but I am very fair with pink undertones (auburn hair and hazel eyes) and it really works on me. I wear it with both foundation or with no make-up at all, but if I wear foundation, I use only a tiny bit of blush.

And despite my being in my 60's, there's nothing old lady about this red lipstick. Just the opposite -- it's very modern. Dior -- you better NEVER discontinue this!

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Very beautiful and bright red color. Comfortable moisture.

It gives me confidence and presence every time I use it.

I have one and have been used it for long until I found Tom Ford.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

My favourite lipstick. As several other reviewers have noted, this is the red for you if you have pale skin with yellow undertones and if your lips are very pink naturally, which mine are, this is the one lipstick that won't go neon pink on you.
It's a warm brick red that looks very daunting when you open it but really is not when you put it on - for me it's the ultimate MLBB and I wear it during the daytime without feeling 'painted'. It is elegant and pretty in a very French way (especially if you wear it with nothing but mascara), livens my complexion and really makes my green-blue eyes stand out.
It wears well: at the end of the day, it leaves you with evenly stained lips (again, not a trace of pink in sight) that don't feel dry. Please don't ever stop making this, Dior. It's a classic.

on 10/2/2014 9:43:00 AM

oh, why did they change the lipstick formula in 2013 ?!

This lipstick is now much less pigmented and staying power is awfull, it is wipe off in a half of hour. And if you drinking and/or eating it is very soon all gone. I don t care that this lipstick is more mouisturizing than the old version
The new lipstick is not matte but has a silky/shiny finish which I don t like at all. The lipstick is like mix of a lipbalm and lipstick and for the price of 25 pounds it is to expensive. The same effect on the lips I can found in many drugstore lipsticks that cost five times less.

The old version was the best red lipstick I have ever had. It was superpigmented and matt with great staying power. The shade was a dream - true really neutral red. I can t find this shade of red annywhere and I am so sad that this lipstick is gone into past :(

If you want lipstick that last don t waste your money on this!

I have always adored Dior lipsticks, but because of their hefty price ($34) I rarely buy them. 999 is the third one which I have purchased, the other ones being Rialto (which I absolutely love) and a more nude one whose name escapes my mind. Anyway, having read so many good reviews about this lippy I took the plunge and bought it.

Like with all dior lipsticks, it is creamy and so moisturizing. I don't even need to put lipbalm on. I just put it on straight from the tube and I'm ready to go. The colour lasts for such a long time and fades gradually. This is great cause it means that it leaves a pretty soft stain on your lips, rather than sliding off bit by bit. I'd say that the strong colour lasts at least three-four hours without food, but you can go longer without needing to reapply if you are as happy as I am with the remaining stain on your lips.

It is also extremely pigmented. I have to take more care applying this than I do other lipsticks cause if you go outside your lipline even slightly it is very obvious. The lipsticks are a great shape though, with a pointed tip that is perfect for running over the outside of your lips and a slanted side for filling in the rest of the colour. If you are concerned you can use a lipliner, though to be honest I've never needed one.

And the packaging? I think it is perfection. It is so sleek and stylish, and I've never had any disasters with the lid sneaking off in my handbag. I like it a lot.

Overall, this is a true red lipstick that is so creamy and comfortable to wear. It just screams luxury. I am often pretty bold with my lipsticks, but even I would hesitate to wear this during the day. It is very much a night-time/special occasion colour. I am super pale and have very dark hair, and this colour brings warmth to my complexion without looking too vampy with my hair. Thus, to me this is the perfect red lipstick. I haven't used any of my other reds since getting this, and I'm starting to think I never will wear them again. If you want the perfect red lipstick, its gotta be this :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I recently had my makeup done at the Dior counter. I didn't initially purchase this lip stick because I have several other reds. I received several compliments on the color and when I went back to the counter, they were out. Once I went home, I realized my other reds were more blue and not a true red like this one. It is just a beautiful color and one that I had to have in collection of other reds. It is very silky and non drying. I would highly recommend it

on 1/18/2014 3:19:00 AM

I'm sorry this colour is very old ladyish for me. I like my reds like Mac Lady Danger or Nars Heat Wave, which are vibrant reds but CD 999 is just an old lady red. The kinda colours you would find rich old ladies in the midwest wearing sipping their cuppa tea in the afternoon. But hey, if you are rich old lady, this might be the colour for you!

I rate this lipstick a Fail though. I would give it a pass if the formula wasn't so meh. The lipsticks bleeds on me. You need a good lipliner to get this lipstick to work and the lasting power is appalling for something so expensive. Do this test, try wear a Maybeline (Vivid) Lipstick or Revlon lipstick, wipe it off immediately and you would see somesort of a nice stain on your lips. This lipstick do the same and na-ah nothing, nothing there. Dior, I expected more from you!

Buy this if you are the type who whips out your designer lipstick hoping for someone to comment 'it is a dior, isn't it?' and wants to show off. This is for you.

on 1/12/2014 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Love this color! An amazing red that does not turn pink on me. For fair-toned girls who have a problem with your body chemistry turning red lipsticks pink on your lips after about an hour, I think this one is your answer.
Also, most vivid reds look too orange and unnatural on me, but somehow this one doesn't. I saw the lipstick on Natalie Portman's photo, and I fell in love with the shade. Alas, I thought, it'll NEVER look like that on me, but amazingly, it does. (Now if I could just get Natalie's face to go with it:)
I bought the matching lip liner to go with it. You really do need one to keep it from bleeding. It really is a striking shade for evening wear.

on 12/29/2012 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Dior is the best if you want a rich red lipstick for yellow base skin tones. I am a nc20 or linen in ELDW.

The formula is amazing! I honestly have never found a drug store dupe for Dior lipsticks. Something about the formula creates a bold color that lasts. EXPENSIVE but worth it. Dior Rouge is not super moisturzing. Okay this is winter and my lips are really dry but in the summer this would be super moist. The pigmentation is perfection. I choose ARA RED 999 (Maybe this is an updated version of ROUGHE DIOR 999 CELEBRITY RED) I love the ARA RED 999 and am reviewing this one.

You do need a lipliner. I recommend one by Dior. It does not plump but I have yet to find a lipstick that really plumps the way they claim.

I needed something that I could have in a pinch to dress up. This the kind of red you wear with a pale face, mascara only and no eye shadow. The Classic elegant French look. A white t-shirt, jeans and light make up. Gawd, I wish I were 25 again. Perfect for the young and naturally beautiful. I love this red lipstick. It lasts and makes my lips look Gorgoeus. Thank you Dior.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is an okay red lipstick. The colour is great, perfect for my yellow undertones, but slightly fair skin (NC20). It is a true red, meaning that it does not veer toward pink/rasberry territory. Therefore, its definately a going out/nighttime lipstick. I use this after I have outlined and filled in my lips with dior natural beige lipliner. Its texture is nice and creamy.

However, I found that its staying power is not long, maybe 3 hours if you are lucky...It does tend to bleed a little even with lipliner and often leaves the dreaded red ring around the lips after drinking/eating which looks atrocious.
The packaging is elegant...what do you expect? It's Dior!

However, for the aforesaid reasons I won't be repurchasing... I prefer the texture and hyper pigmented red found in Diorific lipsticks (and the red shade is glorious-try 014 for a true fire red or play it safe with a more rasberry red, in 013...I have both and am in love with the textures of diorific)