Johnson & Johnson Medicated Penaten Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

Petrolatum, Zinc Oxide, Lanolin, Talc, Aqua, Panthenol, Hamamelis Virginiana Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana Water, Allantoin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, Paraffinum Liqidum, Glycine Soja Oil, Alcohol, Parfum, Beta Carotene

I remember my mom using this cream on my skin when I was a kid, after a winter morning spent outdoors, or summer evening after a day on the beach. Now, 20 years later, I buy and use it myself. It works incredibly well as an overnight spot treatment, as well quickly heals cheilitis in the corners of my mouth. It's thick and leaves white residue. The smell is powdery, not unpleasant, but it doesn't go away quickly after application. It has high concentration of zinc, which has anti inflammatory properties. I have acne prone skin so it saved me a couple of times- I put it on my pimple before going to bed and next day it's visibly reduced, and completely gone within 2 days.
It's a staple in my skincare regime.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is magical! I didn't even know this stuff existed until my sister (who lives in Canada) sent it home for us to try. I have terribly sensitive skin that nothing can soothe, except for this stuff. Every time my skin gets really red and irritated I put a thick layer of the cream on and go to bed. I always wake up in the morning with soothed skin. I even suggested this stuff to my brother when his neck was itchy and he was raving about it! (He is very adverse to skin care products even!) It is hard to wash off..but it's totally worth it.

Packaging: I usually don't take this with me when I travel so I don't have any problems with the lid falling off. (It just stays in a drawer in my room so the packaging is appropriate.) If you are travelling with it I would suggest putting it in a Ziploc bag because the lid isn't secure.

I would definitely recommend this cream to anyone!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love PENATEN !!! Recently after using nair on my legs and got a 2nd degree burn i used penaten and it healed without getting infected or anything. I use it on overnight, as a hydrating mask and on my lips. Truly my go to product.

on 7/4/2009 5:14:00 AM

if you want to get rid if pimples, this is the safest cream you can use!Furthermore,I have read that lots of women use diaper rash creams as night creams. I don't know if it has anti aging properties, but it is regarded as more trustworthy than other moisturizers/night creams.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This 18% zinc oxide cream is meant as a treatment for diaper rash and other irritations. I wouldn't know about the diaper rash myself, not having had any children, but it does work to calm down rashes on my face and elsewhere on my body. I also use it as a sunscreen in a pinch, although this is extremely whitening. The only thing I am not so crazy about is the tub packaging, but I can live with that.

Medicinal Ingredients: Hamamelis Extract (Witch Hazel) .527%, Zinc Oxide 18.724%

Non-medicinal Ingredients: Panthenol 1.055%, Allantoin 0.211%, Cetylpyridinium Chloride 0.106% in Penaten Cream base

My guess as to the contents of the Penaten Cream base are petroleum jelly, lanolin, talc, sorbitan sesquioleate, and (unknown) petroleum distillates.

Source: Use of Penaten to Control Zebra Mussel Attachment