Meow Cosmetics Mineral Blush

Meow Cosmetics Mineral Blush

4.6

on 2/19/2016 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I really like the texture of Meow's blushes. The ones I've tried have an almost creamy feel and are easy to apply. I'm fair (in Meow foundation, I wear Sleek Persian (level 1) and can also wear Sphynx especially in the summer though in that I'm between Sleek and Inquisitive (level 0) in that one), so finding blushes is tough for me. Mostly, I have these in sample sizes that I transferred to containers, but I do own two full sizes one of which i wear a lot. The ones I've tried are:

Lush Blush
This is very dewy. On the hand, it looks metallic, and I thought I could never wear it, but on the cheeks, applied lightly, it's more subtle. Colors I've tried are Crush, Kiss and Tell, Kitty Love, and Felinus Interuptus. They're all really beautiful and pigmented. Kiss and Tell is the softest and my favorite. The only one I have in full size is Crush because I didn't sample first. I love the color, but it's very bright, and I need to be extremely careful when I apply it so as not to look crazy.

Masterpiece
These are my favorite. They aren't matte but aren't as luminous as the lush blushes. Packed on, they have a lot of pigment, but when applied with a brush, they go on as a sheer wash not as a blob of color. Petite fleurs is a subdued berry that I sampled and quickly ordered in full size. It's one of my favorite blushes ever. Mona Lisa is a pretty medium brownish warm shade that doesn't work for me but might work for someone with different coloring. The Dream is a soft, somewhat shimmery peach. On me, it's nearly a match for my skin tone, and I can imagine it would work as a highlight for someone with light to medium skin or a peach blush for someone fair.

Panache
I've only tried one blush from this line. It's very pigmented and deep, and I don't have a much luck sheering this out. The color is Brio, and it's way too dark for me but very pretty and dramatic.

Pink, Inc.
These are very pretty and very, very pink. I have sunshine and lemonade. Sunshine reads a little orange on me and is a little intense even sheered out. Lemonade is a bit brighter than I usually like, but it sheers really well and is a lovely peachy pink shade that could maybe work for summer. continued >>

Worst online company I have had to deal with EVER!
Placed a large order on this website. They sent me the order after 3 weeks of waiting. One of the items I ordered was defective and not as described. I let them know sent them 4 emails and heard back from them about 2 weeks later. Their response was that they couldn't care less. They told me that they couldn't accept the item back. Thankfully I paid with PayPal. Filed a dispute and PayPal helped me get my money back and get the defective item back to them. I got an email from them telling me they are going to send me to collections now which is ridiculous and that they are going to cancel any future or present orders from me, my IP address or my mailing address as they don't want to sell anymore products to me because of this. Well they don't have to worry I won't ever be purchasing any products from them ever again or let alone recommend them. I don't usually tend to leave reviews, but I just had to write this because I wish I would have know how little this company cares about their customers and how bad their customer support is. Please beware and stay away! Trust me their are far better companies out there with better makeup/beauty products that actually care for their customers.

To Read all 9 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/9/2015 6:07:00 PM

I have about 20 of the sample baggies and so far have purchased Kitty Love and Infatuation in full size. But I'd get them all if I didn't think they would outlive me. I urge you to try these, they are just incredible. Treat yourself to half an hour browsing the hundreds of colours and finishes they have. When they arrive you might look at some and think 'ugh' but these will be the ones you'll love the most. The formulas are incredible - a real glow, not shimmer - and they are a dream to put on, a total dream I'm telling you. Like most of the site members, I have a LOT of stuff but the Meow blushes are some of the most impressive products I've seen in 25 years as a make-up junkie. Get them now!!

on 11/15/2011 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I purchased "Lemonade" from the Pink Inc collection and adore it. It has become my go to blush when I want a natural look. The color in the pot looks just as Meow describes "a clear crisp lemon drenched PINK", more pink than coral. Applied to the skin it creates a luminous, sheer flush. It blends easily and lasts the day. I just love it and am so glad I purchased a container of it.

on 4/5/2011 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought two full size blushes recently and LOVE them. They're both from the new Pink Inc. collection. The first is "Cadillac" which is my favorite blush I've ever tried. It's a bright neutral pink that, when applied lightly, give a very natural flush of color. I'd been looking for a color like this for awhile. I'd ordered several from EDM that looked bright pink on their website but would end up being very muted when they arrived. The other one I ordered is "Flamingo." The color is actually pretty similar to Cadillac but with a warm, peachy undertone. In the jar these look like they have quite a bit of shimmer, but once applied I don't find that to be the case at all. They're not completely matte, but certainly not glittery by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm not sure if these are LE or not, but if I find out they are I'm going to buy another full size jar of Cadillac. While I always liked the idea of blush I never actually wore it on a regular basis until I got this one, and now I don't want to be without it!

on 3/27/2011 9:25:00 AM

I bought some samples to try out in several of the Meow VIP blushes. VIP=Very Intense Pigment, I believe. I'm a total blush rookie, and maybe I should not be messing with really pigmented blushes, but I still managed to get fantastic results. The two colors I have tried so far are "Brickhouse" and "Wench".

Brickhouse is a brick red color as the name implies. I have no natural color in my cheeks but this shade actually looks like it would belong on me. I mixed a tiny bit with some mineral foundation before applying it because I was "a-scurred" it might look clownish with my lacking of blush skill. It looks very intense in the baggie too. Surprisingly it looked really good, though. The color goes on sheer, and I am not sure I will need to mix it with the foundation any more. Wench is a muted dusty rose- not a bad shade, great for very a natural look. I will update with "Bombshell" after I get a little nerve up and try that out- it looks very pink!

The blushes have a lot of pigment and are quite beautiful. Most blushes I have ever used made my cheeks break out. The d/s pans usually have a lot of mineral oils or other pore clogging ingredients, which is why I decided to try the mineral blush, and I am so glad I did. I will be ordering a full size "brickhouse" from Meow and possibly a few more samples since I see now see the charms of blush.

on 3/25/2009 5:10:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love my Hissy Fit blush. I couldn't wish for better texture and it goes on so sheer and natural-looking every time. I've tried blush from Everyday Minerals, Aromaleigh and Lumiere and this blows them all out of the water.

I only wish they offered a medium or small size -- the big jars are a great value, but I wouldn't be able to use all that blush up in a million years (I solved my problem by buying two samples and putting them in a jar, but it would have been nice to simply buy a more modest size jar of product instead).

on 10/5/2008 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I tried out Meow's Lush Blushes in Feline-Be-Mine and Crush, and really love these blushes. These blushes are very saturated and go on easily. They have a nice sheen to them, without being all sparkly. They're pretty inexpensive too. For the Large size, they're $16.25 (for 7 grams), and they're $9.25 for 3 grams. Trust me when I say that a little goes a long way. I have the 3 gram size and that's plenty, even if you use them daily. I do recommend getting a fiber optic blush brush though. I do suggest buying samples, which are $1.00 each, of the colors you want to try. Meow's samples are very generous, so you get a week to two week's worth of applications out of one sample baggie.

on 2/12/2007 12:21:00 PM

This is one of the best mineral blushes that I have ever used. It is a very soft and creamy feeling powder and it applies like a dream. It is very long lasting. When I look in the mirror after a very long day I still have blush on. Most of the mineral blushes that I have tried are long gone by then. I own 6 colors. They are Peddle Pink, Hissy Fit, Flirt, Tickled Pink, What's New Pussycat?, and Tease. They are ALL gorgeous pinks. I definitely recommend this blush!:)
EDITED TO ADD: I am still using and loving Meow Cosmetics blush. My favorites are The Scream(from the Masterpiece collection), Cadillac, and Cotton Candy(both from the Pink Inc. collection).

Popular Blush Products