MAC Cosmetics Don't Be Shy from Barbie 2007

just a swatch

4.8

on 4/27/2010 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

LOL i had this for a long time and stopped using it because it's a limited edition and i dont have a backup. great color and pigmentation. :D

on 9/6/2009 12:27:00 AM

This blush is love!! It is the only one I have 2 backups off. I can't imagine life without Don't be shy! What the user 2 reviews below said is true. This looks beautiful with Nars Desire!! Thats how i wear it too.

I had to buy this one ebay because I was one of the DUMMYS that didn't buy anything from this beautiful collection. =O( This color is again one of my favorite pink blushes I talked about it on one of my other reviews so I have to you all a swatch and picture of it =O)
This color is somewhat of a bright slight frosty pink blush I also don't wear this one alone it has to have a friend blush like Nars Angelika or desire they look nice together hehe

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I gave a low rating on the packaging simply because I HATE the Barbie imprint on the blush. Don't Be Shy is a solid medium pink that applies just like that. It can be a little over powering for my really fair skin, but with a really light application it gives me a light 'blush' - I really only wear it in the winter, when most are opting for something more golden based to appear warmer, this makes me look like I just got in from a long day in the snow. I prefer lighter colours & if this was available, I wouldn't purchase it again.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Overall: The color is amazing! I love how buildable it is! Pricewise, i snagged this on ebay for less than 10 bucks with shipping, and i couldnt be more pleased! When i wear it it makes me feel a few notches more girlie! It doesnt feel like heavy blush or that your blush sticks out to much but it adds the perfect touch of color to your cheeks!

I would definately buy again, especially if i can find it at the amazing price that i did get it at!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great everyday pink. Easier to use than Sweetness BPB. Love the formula because it is soo smooth and buildable yet shows up on skin. If you needed more "glow" you can layer with Beauty Powders or MSFs.

on 5/27/2008 2:30:00 PM

I am a PPP and this is so pretty! I am new to MAC blushes. The first one I bought was Pink Swoon. It's very pretty, but I think it's a little too warm toned for my cool toned skin. So, I scored this on ebay for $16.50! The color is gorgeous! It really makes you look like a Barbie Doll! I am upset I missed out on this collection and hate that this is LE, but I would most definately purchase this again! Wish I had a backup! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I had received this in a swap and I really love the color. I love the Barbie imprint on the blush it's sooooo cool. I said that I wouldn't repurchase because it's an LE but if it wasn't I would. It's not too bright on my NC 40-42-depending-on-the-season-skin. LOL!! LOVE this blush and MAC!!

on 4/16/2008 7:22:00 PM

This is a really cute pink blush, with the barbie imprint and whatnot. Really sheer, and buildable as well. I have yet to hit pan in this blush
(though I dont use it every day!) and I think its probably pretty easily replaceable. There are so many pretty pink blushes out there. Great for someone scared of pink blushes, because they could really layer the blush to get the perfect color they were looking for.

NW15

Don't Be Shy was released with the Feb 2007 Barbie Loves MAC collection. The official color description is a bright clean pink. This is a perfect description - it is a bright pink, but it is still pretty soft. Applied lightly, it gives a subtle flush to cheeks; applied heavily, it gives that doll-faced look. It is the perfect color for my cool-toned skin. The packaging is of course gorgeous - I adore the Barbie imprint. If this wasn't LE, I would buy it again. And just FYI, if you're looking for a dupe, MAC Pink Swoon is nearly identical.

Popular Blush Products