Dove Dove Calming Night Body Wash [DISCONTINUED]

Dove Dove Calming Night Body Wash [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Ahhh. I love this stuff. I use this as my nightly body wash and it really does calm and relax me haha. It smells AMAZING and the scent lingers all night. It has a very rich creamy almost gel-lotion like consistency and it moisturizes really well :) I love Dove!

on 2/11/2009 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The good part is, this wash gives amazingly creamy lather and leaves skin nice and soft. Other shower products tend to be drying, this one however isn't at all. The bad part is, I just hate the scent. Seriously, I can't even describe it, it's a strong, in-your-face, pungent soap gone wrong smell. Nothing about the scent is relaxing to me either.
All in all, this is a good, luxurious shower cream. However since it is marketed as a relaxing, calmingly scented product, I just don't see any reason to have it around when the scent actually bothers me. I'd much rather go for another shower product from Dove next time.

on 12/3/2008 10:15:00 AM

Overall, I did like this body wash, but I didn't like the fact that it looks and feels like lotion. I prefer a gel. The scent is wonderful, and it lingered throughout the night. It also moisturizes nicely since it contains honey and vitamin A.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

HG product here! I use both the bar and body wash , and both are highly moisturizing, yet done leave a greasy residue behind. Im 22, with oily acne prone skin on my back, but my body is dry, this wash fits all of my skincare needs. It gives a great rich lather, and rinses completely clean. I have severe fragrance allergies, yet Im still able to use this without problems. Like everyone mentioned, it has a faint honey vanilla scent, that is very mild, and calming as the name states. Will leave your skin softly scented, and baby soft. The scent is not floral or powdery at all. I loveee this body wash, and the way it makes my skin feel. I cant use dove's regular body wash or exfolating washes, without breaking out , but I loveeee this one. Its total hg for me, and everyone who smells it loves it. Def worth the purchase. I get mine on sale at biglots for 2.50 sometimes. Also note, Im not a fan of aromatherapy type washes, they are all over powering but this one is calming, sweet, and refreshing without being too strong. love it!!

on 3/6/2008 6:43:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I quite like this body wash, although it's not really a favorite so I do not know if I will repurchase...lovely deep blue packaging, reminiscent of quiet and sleepy starless nights...the scent is strong, and no where near 'calming', it's a sharp, soapy honey scent...I don't smell the sandalwood in this, just sharp and soapy honey-vanilla, which is quite beautiful when I'm in the mood for it, although I imagine the smell could be too strong for some...there is a certain sharp/soapy bitterness in the scent of this body wash that puts me off...on some days I actually find the smell too overwhelming because of this. It moisturizes quite well for a body wash, but then I expected that...I usually go for moisturizing shower creams anyways. I wish there was a good moisturizing body wash that really does have a calming scent, like the scent of J&J's bedtime range, except J&J's bedtime shower cream is nowhere as moisturizing as this one. Oh well.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is my favorite of Dove's lines, however all of my local grocery and big-box stores stopped carrying it months ago. The only places I can find it these days are online outfits like "drugstore.com" and "americarx.com", which kill you on shipping unless you spend big bucks. Too bad!

on 2/6/2008 8:22:00 PM

I love this body wash, it's one of my favorites that I've actually bought again and again (which can be hard to say for someone addicted to trying new products)!

I find it very moisturizing, I have "normal" skin, and even in the winter I don't need to follow up with a lotion.

The scent is soothing and lovely, I don't find that it lingers on the body a long time...by that I mean that it doesn't seem to conflict with my perfume or other scented products.

What a heavenly-smelling body wash and very moisturizing! I think I smell honey the most in this wash. I only had it once, it came as a sample with another Dove product, though the sample was a large size and it lasted for a long time. Works great for shaving, too. I'm sure I will repurchase someday, just trying out other products at the moment.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

suchhh a relaxing scent its really calming. my only complaint is that it's a little strong for everyday use but overall it has great moisture and the scent is divine!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

The smell is heavenly! I love it! I have trouble winding down after a long day and I have tried many things from body washes, to lotions, to herbal teas and I seriously didn't think this would help but my friend recommended it and surprisingly it works ! I will definitely be buying this again!