Lavanila vanilla grapefruit

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Lavanila vanilla grapefruit
LaVanila Vanilla Grapefruit (full-size)

3.5

Love this!

I got a sample and did buy a bottle when it ran out. Long lasting, sweet vanilla but the grapefruit adds a bit of freshness to it. it doesn't appear to be to foody. Just leaves a warm scent, little goes a long way so be careful.

on 1/14/2014 2:00:00 AM

This is my favourite perfume - I have the rollerball one, as I only like to wear a bit of perfume on certain spots (inside of wrists, behind ears, neck). It smells sweet without being too overpowering and is good for everyday use.

on 11/2/2013 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

I love grapefruit. I love vanilla. Why don't I love this? The grapefruit dries down quickly and one is left with just a cloyingly heady, sweet vanilla. There is a hint of powder that might make up for the sweetness, but overall I am not thrilled by this blend, and am happy I bought only a sample.

I'd like to repurchase this as it is a very nice sweet scent but it is way out of a decent price range for me.
Also to add I have a knock off version of Thierry Mugler Angel and this smells similar. Vanilla Grapefruit has a more vanilla smell (sweet) and Angel has a bit more of a nut smell (sharp). Over all if I could get a knock off of this then fine I would purchase that. But seriously $58 for 1.7oz is a bit ridiculous for perfume.

on 10/16/2013 11:32:00 PM

Vanilla Grapefruit is AMAZING!! I am seriously so obsessed with this perfume, I can't stop inhaling it!! It is such an addictive, gorgeous scent!! If you love vanilla and sweet fruity scents, you will LOVE this!! The grapefruit in it makes it citrusy and prevents it from being too candy floss, teenybopper sweet. It really stands out - I get so many compliments on this perfume! I think it's so much better than any department store perfumes - it is so fresh and unique!! It has the qualities of a high end niche perfume, and another plus is that the ingredients are all natural. You can get a roller ball (they make an oil roller ball now, too!) to try it out. Lavanilla Vanilla Grapefruit is 1 of my all time favorite perfumes ever - the 1 negative is that it doesn't last very long at all, so I took 1 lippie off bc I have to keep allying it. Hopefully they will make a more concentrated version 1 day!

Yummmmm :)

I love this perfume, along with all the other Lavanila fragrances. I have them all in the rollerball kind. When I first smelt the vanilla grapefruit, I wasn't in love with it, but I tried it on my wrist at sephora anyways and after a while I went to smell my wrist again and it had this new beautiful fragrance to it! A very nice vanilla/fruity scent that was hidden when I first smelt it out of the bottle and fresh on my skin. I knew I had to have it!

Price isn't to bad, and it's lasted me a while as I only wear it maybe 3 times a week.

I give it only 4 stars instead of 5 for 2 reasons:
- I'm not a huge fan of the smell it starts out as for the first 10 minutes that you wear it. It's not a bad smell, it's just not for me. and during this 10 minutes it's also way to strong. One time when my friend was picking me up, I had applied it just to my wrists a minute before getting in his car, and he noticed it right away and didn't like how strongly it smelt. But after a while the smell and strongest fades away and leaves a really pretty subtle scent.
- Packaging isn't awesome. It's just your average looking rollerball perfume, but I noticed about a month after I bought it the perfume started to come out faster then before, so now I have to be careful when I apply it to make sure it doesn't leak to much.

Will be buying again :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this at Sephora the other day because they were offering atomizers filled with any perfume for $10. I quite literally smelled every perfume in the store, and this was the only one I fell in love with.

I don't wear perfumes very often (and therefore don't know anything at all about the different layers and notes); I mostly don't wear perfume because I feel most are too astringent-y smelling and harsh, and they don't smell natural. However, vanilla grapefruit was not like that at all. It smells warm and all the notes blend well together. The vanilla isn't overpowering at all (which I sometimes find in other vanilla-scented things, like it smells *too* vanilla-y and too sicky-sweet). This is just perfect, and the cedarwood is subtle and is the perfect touch (honestly one of my favorite scents).

The staying power is also good. I spritz some on at the beginning of the workday and find that by the time I get home for the night, I'm still smelling good.

When I run out of the atomizer, I will definitely purchase the full bottle.

on 11/11/2010 2:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Love the smell of this fresh scent. Both sweet and fruity zest. The rollerball bottle is handy for keeping in my purse as its perfect travel size. I bought this from Sephora, and it has been one of my favorite perfumes for the last few yrs now. Its not sold in dept. stores, I have only seen it in Sephora in Canada, so its not too popular yet. Thank goodness. I hate wearing the same scent as everyone else and their dog - like Ralph or CK.

While this is not my favorite fragrance, it IS nice. I just feel like is is too generic and not very unique. It is fresh and nice for spring, just not my favorite.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Did not think I would care for the Grapefruit along with the Vanilla but boy am I glad I was proven wrong. I could see it bothering some people with being overly sweet. For me, I like sweet warm scents. It helps not to spray too much as the smell is strong enough on my skin. It does have natural ingredients and has alcohol in it which is plant based. Still it's an alcohol which can slightly make it too much to inhale when sprayed. As always, do check it out at Sephora if you can by sample if you are overly sensitive.