Lavanila vanilla grapefruit

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Lavanila vanilla grapefruit
LaVanila Vanilla Grapefruit (full-size)

3.6

on 11/23/2014 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

After reading the reviews, I'm left puzzled and wondering if my sniffer is broken. I bought this online, unsniffed after reading the raves. It smells like dirt. Kind of like dirt and patchouli. I thought maybe I got a bad bottle, so I bought a roller ball one too, and it's the same. :( Very strange.

on 4/17/2014 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I received a small sample of this and was instantly hooked. I have since purchased the rollerball, the perfume spray and the body butter. I love the rollerball because its so portable. And the scent !!! It's the perfect combination of tangy and sweet. It just makes me happy to wear it. Will definitely repurchase.

I LOVE THIS PERFUME. This perfume is the perfect combination of fruity and sweet and the scent lasts a while on my skin unlike other perfumes I have tried. I highly recommend it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have tried Vanilla/Coconut and Vanilla and enjoyed limited success with them. But I very much enjoyed the fragrance this mixture deployed. A Sephora SA suggested the grapefruit one to me after I had talked about the limited longevity of the other two I had tried. I was hesitant, but took her suggestion and gave this one a try. I was very pleasantly surprised. This one has staying power and a deliciously refreshing summer scent.
A mix of vanilla and grapefruit, I never thought possible. Five hours into my initial spray, I wasn't bored at all. I was still enjoying LaVanilla Grapefruit. It doesn't matter what age you are to enjoy this light, airy fragrance for the summer or spring. When you want something unobtrusive, that has lasting power, yet is still light enough this just might be for you. The notes that stood out for me were lime, patchouli, bergamot and sandalwood. All in a delicious mix. Now this doesn't remind me of anything grapefruit at all. It's just a heavenly, dreamy, warm, inviting, creamy, vanilla. I'm an original Body Shop vanilla person and I adore true vanilla scents that blend well with the right notes. This one does and belies its name. Even tho I have the plain vanilla, I prefer this one called grapefruit. Go figure.
Although its fragrance notes are linear, some of them still stand alone.
They are: Lime, Patchouli, Grapefruit, Heliotrope, Madagascar Vanilla, Bergamot and Sandalwood.

I lovelovelove this smell. It is the best blend of sweet/citrus. The only reason that I would not repurchase, and also the reason that it got three stars, it because it does not have lasting power. I cannot smell this at the end of the day, and I put A LOT on in the morning. I know this is probably because it is natural, but I just need something that I don't have to carry around in my purse to refresh. :(

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Ahhh this will always be one of my favorite perfumes, and I'm a perfume junkie! I have a collection to choose from everyday, but this is my go to perfume. I always feel pretty and confident when I where this. It is sweet, but not in a sick way. Not like pink sugar, which i hate. The grapefruit helps balance it out. A little goes a lonnnng way, and I can smell it on myself almost all day which is so nice. The dry down imo is when the scent smells the best.

I always get compliments with this perfume, and this is my guys favorite of all, bonus!

=)

This is divine! The lime and grapefruit add a bright, juicy zing to the madagascar vanilla that is at the core of all of LAVANILA's beautiful perfumes. The sillage is impressive, as Vanilla Grapefruit lasts nearly as long on my skin as Pure Vanilla. It can be tricky finding the "right" summer fragrance. I find that fragrances labeled for summertime are too sheer, like bland, scented water. I would wear this year 'round, but I must say that this is one of my must-have frags for the summer!

on 6/8/2009 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I totally agree with Satsuma's review. When you smell the nozzle of this perfume it is divine with stronger grapefruit than vanilla. When worn the grapefruit completely disappears and this overly sweet vanilla scent comes off which smells like 5 year old Barbie perfume. This is coming form a lover of sweet scents (Paris Hilton, Ralph, etc) but its just too 1 dimensional. If grapefruit is what you are looking for I suggest YSL Babydoll or Paris Hilton.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Such good reviews, and I have no idea why. To me, it smells like cheap men's cologne with a splash of sickly cupcake. I wanted to like this so badly, but was positively revolted by how it actually smelled.

on 4/19/2008 11:24:00 PM

I'm not sure what happened here...I was at Sephora and sprayed this on a sample card and could NOT STOP smelling it! I thought about it for weeks and was finally like "I must have this!" The second it came in the mail, I excitedly sprayed it on....at first spray it smells like a cheap body splash, that I could have gotten for much less at Bath and Body works. It does smell better after the drydown but not good enough to warrant a $56 price tag. Worst of all I bought it from beauty.com who don't accept returns for any reason, like Sephora. I'll stick with the plain 'ol vanilla one...mmmm

Popular Fragrances