Lavanila vanilla grapefruit

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Lavanila vanilla grapefruit
LaVanila Vanilla Grapefruit (full-size)

4.2

I found this to be an EXCELLENT perfume to layer with others. On it's own it's pretty, but it really layers well with Fantasy, BBW Fresh Vanilla Sugar, Live Luxe and others. The combo of Van/grapefruit and Fantasy always gets compliments. So for this reason, I would always keep a rollerball on hand when I want to oomph up one of my other fragrances.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Did not think I would care for the Grapefruit along with the Vanilla but boy am I glad I was proven wrong. I could see it bothering some people with being overly sweet. For me, I like sweet warm scents. It helps not to spray too much as the smell is strong enough on my skin. It does have natural ingredients and has alcohol in it which is plant based. Still it's an alcohol which can slightly make it too much to inhale when sprayed. As always, do check it out at Sephora if you can by sample if you are overly sensitive.

I was so looking forward to trying out the Lavanila line. For some reason I thought I would love it since I love gourmand scents like CSP.

Well, what a disappointment. I really hated Pure Vanilla. It smelled like an old bottle of vanilla extract and had no depth. Vanilla Blossom was better but just not interesting enough. Vanilla Coconut seemed promising so I will get a sample and try it later.

Finally Vanilla Grapefruit: I gave it the benefit of the doubt and took a sample home. May be I would be able to make friends with this one over time, I thought.

Nope. This has absolutely no depth once again and smells exactly like an alcoholic. That's right, you read that correctly. People who abuse alcohol, acquire a certain sickly sweet smell that is very peculiar. Being a medical professional, I've smelled this smell too many times and was not happy to be reminded of it.

I am bummed out that I couldn't love Lavanila because the concept is great. Oh well. The search for the perfect summer fragrance continues.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my new favorite scent. it surprises me that i love it so much as it smells a bit young- (not that i'm old, but i think this could be worn by a high school girl and smell fine, i am over 40) anyway - it is fresh, clean and warm - like your flannel pj's right out of the dryer. It lasts all day, which is great, the grapefruit is only obvious at the start, it dries down to a warm, almost sweet but not overly sugary smell. it is not offensive for the office, it wears close which i like. the body butter is amazing too, i'll write a separate review for that. I have this in both the spray and the roll on, which i like, as i like to use the roll on when i travel. the bottle is pretty, but nothing amazing or special, very basic. this is not a complex scent like my jo malone scents, this is simple, yet very pretty. i love the way it makes me feel.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

MY ALL TIME FAVORITE!!! I am a vanilla fragrance whore. I can't get enough vanilla perfume so I am always buying new ones. Ever since I got the rollerball of this, I stopped trying new ones. I went out and bought the full size bottle and ordered the body butter! I am in love. It smells like something very very familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it. The scent is very sweet, but not too sweet thanks to the engergetic smell of grapefruit. Perfect balance here! I find it a very comforting and very feminine scent. I get complimented all time on this one and a coworker always asks if I brought my Lavanila with me! I already need to replace the rollerball, but they are all sold out!! :( Being a big time health/natural freak that I am (I even work in a healthfood store!) I loveeee how this stuff is all natural and even contains anti-oxidants! So it fits in with every other product that I own! :)
I highly recommend this (or maybe I'll keep it my little secret..all mine!! lol) Perfect product for me, this is 100% my HG! Can't live without it!

Popular Fragrances