Lavanila vanilla grapefruit

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Lavanila vanilla grapefruit
LaVanila Vanilla Grapefruit (full-size)

4.1

on 11/2/2013 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

I love grapefruit. I love vanilla. Why don't I love this? The grapefruit dries down quickly and one is left with just a cloyingly heady, sweet vanilla. There is a hint of powder that might make up for the sweetness, but overall I am not thrilled by this blend, and am happy I bought only a sample.

I'd like to repurchase this as it is a very nice sweet scent but it is way out of a decent price range for me.
Also to add I have a knock off version of Thierry Mugler Angel and this smells similar. Vanilla Grapefruit has a more vanilla smell (sweet) and Angel has a bit more of a nut smell (sharp). Over all if I could get a knock off of this then fine I would purchase that. But seriously $58 for 1.7oz is a bit ridiculous for perfume.

on 10/16/2013 11:32:00 PM

Vanilla Grapefruit is AMAZING!! I am seriously so obsessed with this perfume, I can't stop inhaling it!! It is such an addictive, gorgeous scent!! If you love vanilla and sweet fruity scents, you will LOVE this!! The grapefruit in it makes it citrusy and prevents it from being too candy floss, teenybopper sweet. It really stands out - I get so many compliments on this perfume! I think it's so much better than any department store perfumes - it is so fresh and unique!! It has the qualities of a high end niche perfume, and another plus is that the ingredients are all natural. You can get a roller ball (they make an oil roller ball now, too!) to try it out. Lavanilla Vanilla Grapefruit is 1 of my all time favorite perfumes ever - the 1 negative is that it doesn't last very long at all, so I took 1 lippie off bc I have to keep allying it. Hopefully they will make a more concentrated version 1 day!

Yummmmm :)

I love this perfume, along with all the other Lavanila fragrances. I have them all in the rollerball kind. When I first smelt the vanilla grapefruit, I wasn't in love with it, but I tried it on my wrist at sephora anyways and after a while I went to smell my wrist again and it had this new beautiful fragrance to it! A very nice vanilla/fruity scent that was hidden when I first smelt it out of the bottle and fresh on my skin. I knew I had to have it!

Price isn't to bad, and it's lasted me a while as I only wear it maybe 3 times a week.

I give it only 4 stars instead of 5 for 2 reasons:
- I'm not a huge fan of the smell it starts out as for the first 10 minutes that you wear it. It's not a bad smell, it's just not for me. and during this 10 minutes it's also way to strong. One time when my friend was picking me up, I had applied it just to my wrists a minute before getting in his car, and he noticed it right away and didn't like how strongly it smelt. But after a while the smell and strongest fades away and leaves a really pretty subtle scent.
- Packaging isn't awesome. It's just your average looking rollerball perfume, but I noticed about a month after I bought it the perfume started to come out faster then before, so now I have to be careful when I apply it to make sure it doesn't leak to much.

Will be buying again :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Ohhh wow.. this stuff is amazing...
When I first tried this on the grapefruit was overpowering and really wasnt sure if I was going to like it.. so i kept walking around Sephora and after it settled I went back to smell my wrist.. holy moly.. what a delish smell.. with my chemistry my body naturally put the vanilla as the front line smell and then you get the outline of a citrus.. completly unexpected.
I had to buy it.. I also tried on the vanilla passion fruit but that did not last long on me.. it did smell great.. but the wear on my skin wasnt very long.. I guess this was just the one meant for me.

So far.. everyone I have come in contact has told me how delish i smell and that its not too powerful but enough to grab attention ... YAY!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's a favorite of mine in the Spring and Summer. You absolutely cannot go wrong with this one, it smells incredible. It's not the most complex of the brand, but it's good. Once the citrus wears down you get a real vanilla scent, and ALL of this line has a real vanilla scent. Nothing is fake or chemical smelling. While I haven't bought full bottles, the rollerballs give you a good amount of perfume.

The Lavanila's can be simplified like this-

Grapefruit is the fresh every day vanilla, but the base is only vanilla once the citrus wears down. Grapefruit, sandalwood, lime, and vanilla.

Pure Vanilla is the sensual fragrance, and it's completely smooth and everything included besides the vanilla, like tonka bean, compliments the vanillas.

Vanilla Blossom.. discontinued? But it was a fresh spring floral vanilla, and reminded me of lime and vanilla- like an iced drink.

Vanilla Coconut- slightly sweet coconut and vanilla. Exotic in a beachy way. With coconut, tiare flower, and vanilla.

Lavender Vanilla- Not as complex as the grapefruit or pure vanillas. It's clean, comforting, and relaxed. With Spanish lavender, rose absolute, violet leaf, and Madagascar vanilla.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Ahhh this will always be one of my favorite perfumes, and I'm a perfume junkie! I have a collection to choose from everyday, but this is my go to perfume. I always feel pretty and confident when I where this. It is sweet, but not in a sick way. Not like pink sugar, which i hate. The grapefruit helps balance it out. A little goes a lonnnng way, and I can smell it on myself almost all day which is so nice. The dry down imo is when the scent smells the best.

I always get compliments with this perfume, and this is my guys favorite of all, bonus!

=)

on 12/10/2009 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adored this fragrance when I used the tester in the store. I am very particular about perfume so I gave it a "test drive" (spraying it on myself and then seeing how it would interact with the oils on my skin during an 8-10 hour period) at least three times. The fragrance, from the tester, has a gentle, citrus-y sharpness of grapefruit peel and then mellows out to the smell of good-quality vanilla waffers--that is, until I finally purchased a bottle for myself.

There must be some inconsistency between how the tester is stored and how the non-tester bottles are stored because, like other reviewers have noted, the bottle I purchased smelled terrible--as in, one-dollar hooker/ old woman/ ammonia-BO. I kept my bottle away from bright light and extreme temperature fluctuations, but the perfume already stank from the moment I opened it. I guess doing fragrance the "natural" way makes it more vulnerable to going bad. AVOID at all costs. BTW, if you really love this fragrance, I found that it tends to smell better if you keep the bottle cap off the bottle and expose the spray nozzle to some oxygen.

on 3/31/2009 2:26:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

One of my favorite "pick-me-up" scents. Want to try the Vanilla Lavendar and Vanilla Coconut.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Although I have been a loyal Stella wearer for years, I was a convert the second I smelled this perfume. Although it is seemingly simple, I feel like it embodies so many different things at once. It is both innocent and sensual at the same time and I love that combination. You can definitely detect the tangy grapefruit when you first spray, but the dry down is an awesome delectable and smooth vanilla that actually lasts all day... and we know it's rare that something good will last all day (as opposed to the horrible perfumes that seem to seep into your bone marrow and last for days). Also, to be honest, I am not even a huge vanilla fan but I absolutely couldn't resist this goodness. I have even had to fill an atomizer for my purse so that I can get my fix when I need it, or if it were to wear off (which hasn't happened yet). I will buy again and again.

Popular Fragrances