Lavanila vanilla grapefruit

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Lavanila vanilla grapefruit
LaVanila Vanilla Grapefruit (full-size)

3.9

on 11/23/2014 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

After reading the reviews, I'm left puzzled and wondering if my sniffer is broken. I bought this online, unsniffed after reading the raves. It smells like dirt. Kind of like dirt and patchouli. I thought maybe I got a bad bottle, so I bought a roller ball one too, and it's the same. :( Very strange.

on 2/5/2013 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Some people have commented that it makes me smell like cookies, the vanilla is the dominant scent at the end of the day.
-Great for Winter
-Smells stays longest when sprayed on skin & CLOTHES
-Affordable&Addicting
-I'm out of the country, ran out, can't get more, and am dying to have this delicious scent when I return home.

I recommend it for anyone who wants to smell adorable.

on 5/5/2012 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

What a unique scent! It literally is vanilla mixed with grapefruit, so it's both sweet and tart. I liked it instantly the moment my cousin bought me a rollerball version of the EDP. It's quite a strong perfume at first so you only need a little bit of it at a time, but the staying power only seems to be about average (6 hrs, maybe). I'd describe this as a fairly warm scent, mainly because of the vanilla. It can sometime be overwhelming on a humid or sticky day, so I tend to wear this on cool, breezy days or during winters when I need a pick-me-up.

Yummmmm :)

I love this perfume, along with all the other Lavanila fragrances. I have them all in the rollerball kind. When I first smelt the vanilla grapefruit, I wasn't in love with it, but I tried it on my wrist at sephora anyways and after a while I went to smell my wrist again and it had this new beautiful fragrance to it! A very nice vanilla/fruity scent that was hidden when I first smelt it out of the bottle and fresh on my skin. I knew I had to have it!

Price isn't to bad, and it's lasted me a while as I only wear it maybe 3 times a week.

I give it only 4 stars instead of 5 for 2 reasons:
- I'm not a huge fan of the smell it starts out as for the first 10 minutes that you wear it. It's not a bad smell, it's just not for me. and during this 10 minutes it's also way to strong. One time when my friend was picking me up, I had applied it just to my wrists a minute before getting in his car, and he noticed it right away and didn't like how strongly it smelt. But after a while the smell and strongest fades away and leaves a really pretty subtle scent.
- Packaging isn't awesome. It's just your average looking rollerball perfume, but I noticed about a month after I bought it the perfume started to come out faster then before, so now I have to be careful when I apply it to make sure it doesn't leak to much.

Will be buying again :)

on 2/23/2011 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this scent, and so does everyone else who catches a wiff of it. it is kind of a sweet, crisp, citrusy and spicy sent all rolled up into one. the vanilla lends the sweetness, the grafruit a clean citrus smell, and the cedarwood a musky warm smell. i find it wears well. i can still smell it on my skin at the end of the day easily. i have this and the coconut versions. yumm

on 12/10/2010 3:34:00 PM

Just bought the rollerball perfume! i just fell in love with this smell! not the cheapest of course but still it smells so yummy!

on 11/11/2010 2:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Love the smell of this fresh scent. Both sweet and fruity zest. The rollerball bottle is handy for keeping in my purse as its perfect travel size. I bought this from Sephora, and it has been one of my favorite perfumes for the last few yrs now. Its not sold in dept. stores, I have only seen it in Sephora in Canada, so its not too popular yet. Thank goodness. I hate wearing the same scent as everyone else and their dog - like Ralph or CK.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's a favorite of mine in the Spring and Summer. You absolutely cannot go wrong with this one, it smells incredible. It's not the most complex of the brand, but it's good. Once the citrus wears down you get a real vanilla scent, and ALL of this line has a real vanilla scent. Nothing is fake or chemical smelling. While I haven't bought full bottles, the rollerballs give you a good amount of perfume.

The Lavanila's can be simplified like this-

Grapefruit is the fresh every day vanilla, but the base is only vanilla once the citrus wears down. Grapefruit, sandalwood, lime, and vanilla.

Pure Vanilla is the sensual fragrance, and it's completely smooth and everything included besides the vanilla, like tonka bean, compliments the vanillas.

Vanilla Blossom.. discontinued? But it was a fresh spring floral vanilla, and reminded me of lime and vanilla- like an iced drink.

Vanilla Coconut- slightly sweet coconut and vanilla. Exotic in a beachy way. With coconut, tiare flower, and vanilla.

Lavender Vanilla- Not as complex as the grapefruit or pure vanillas. It's clean, comforting, and relaxed. With Spanish lavender, rose absolute, violet leaf, and Madagascar vanilla.

I own the large bottle of this and while I do not normally like the smell of grapefruit, this one dries down to a soft sweet vanilla with just a little hint of grapefruit. The staying power is really good as well.

on 12/10/2009 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adored this fragrance when I used the tester in the store. I am very particular about perfume so I gave it a "test drive" (spraying it on myself and then seeing how it would interact with the oils on my skin during an 8-10 hour period) at least three times. The fragrance, from the tester, has a gentle, citrus-y sharpness of grapefruit peel and then mellows out to the smell of good-quality vanilla waffers--that is, until I finally purchased a bottle for myself.

There must be some inconsistency between how the tester is stored and how the non-tester bottles are stored because, like other reviewers have noted, the bottle I purchased smelled terrible--as in, one-dollar hooker/ old woman/ ammonia-BO. I kept my bottle away from bright light and extreme temperature fluctuations, but the perfume already stank from the moment I opened it. I guess doing fragrance the "natural" way makes it more vulnerable to going bad. AVOID at all costs. BTW, if you really love this fragrance, I found that it tends to smell better if you keep the bottle cap off the bottle and expose the spray nozzle to some oxygen.