Lavanila vanilla grapefruit

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Lavanila vanilla grapefruit
LaVanila Vanilla Grapefruit (full-size)

3.5

on 12/2/2008 4:01:00 AM

Ok... at first I wasn't to sure about this fragrance. I love the smell of real vanilla, but I had yet to find the purfect sent on my skin. Everything came out smelling too sweet or that fake frosting smell..yuck! When I went into Sephora I wasn't even looking for a fragance. Then I saw the Lavanila line and was interested by the concept. A purfume that is good for you. Wow.. I could get on that banwagon. I had no idea there was such a thing. I am all for natural products. I try my best to purchase organic or natural products that actuly work well. Anyway, I tryed the Vanilla Coconut on one wrist and the Vanilla Grapfruit on the other. I also sprayed the Vanilla Grapefruit on a tester strip. I put the tester with my other purchases in the car and went shopping at some other stores. I found that throughout the day I could not stop myself from smelling the Vanilla Grapefruit sented wrist. It was wonderful. When I got back into my car I could smell that wonderful sent again. Crisp and sweet all at the same time. I was hooked. Now, I have to say that the Vanilla comes out the most on me. I don't know if it's the mix of the Vanilla with the Cedar wood, but its absolutely purfect and very, very sexy. The smell just makes people want to come a little bit closer to see what smells so good. I even wear it to bed, and let me tell you my Husband loves it.

on 4/25/2008 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This fragrance is an oddity for me. I mentioned to the SA that I liked grapefruit notes & she suggested trying this. I loved it when sprayed on a card - lovely balanced mix of citrus & tempered vanilla & took a decant to try for a day or two. On the skin however the grapefruit disappears very quickly to leave a sugary sweet vanilla & nothing else. The drydown is so over the top sickly sugar cookie on me that its bothersome; I'm not fond of foodie scents to start with, & this one is just too much. Don't know if they make a candle of this, but if its more like the scent on the card I'd buy it in a heartbeat - just not getting it anywhere on my skin. If you like sweet vanillas you may like this, but its not quite right for my style.

ETA - so I wear this for a couple of days to use up the decant (I can't bear throwing out scents unless they are scrubbers, & then I'd rather give them away) & boy, do other people (cough:men:cough) like this on me. I may have to try the other scents in this line to find something I like (and they like ;D)

on 5/2/2007 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm sure everyone has heard about that study in which men perceived women who were wearing pink grapefruit to be six younger than their real age, hence the burst of new grapefruit-based scents.

Anyway, I bought this one and the Pure Vanilla. The grapefruit and vanilla combination is very nice. Later in the day I'm not as aware of the vanilla and it's mainly the citrus that's left.

It's a clean, sweet fragrance, unoffensive. Not terribly complex, but it doesn't have to be.

Not my favorite but the added bonus of vitamins keeps me from tossing it out. :-)

on 3/28/2007 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Sephora was pimping this on their website for awhile, I just kept seeing it on the homepage so I visited the store to try them out. Vanilla Grapefruit was the only one of the three I liked. In the store, I smelled the grapefruit a lot but after awhile it smells pretty musky on me. Not in a bad way, it just goes from very fruity to straight musky. Overall, I really like this scent because it works with my chemistry and lasts a long time.