Lavanila vanilla grapefruit

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Lavanila vanilla grapefruit
LaVanila Vanilla Grapefruit (full-size)

4.3

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Although I have been a loyal Stella wearer for years, I was a convert the second I smelled this perfume. Although it is seemingly simple, I feel like it embodies so many different things at once. It is both innocent and sensual at the same time and I love that combination. You can definitely detect the tangy grapefruit when you first spray, but the dry down is an awesome delectable and smooth vanilla that actually lasts all day... and we know it's rare that something good will last all day (as opposed to the horrible perfumes that seem to seep into your bone marrow and last for days). Also, to be honest, I am not even a huge vanilla fan but I absolutely couldn't resist this goodness. I have even had to fill an atomizer for my purse so that I can get my fix when I need it, or if it were to wear off (which hasn't happened yet). I will buy again and again.

on 2/5/2008 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't really get the grapefruit as a distinct note (of course, if they did use real, natural grapefruit, this would be very irritating to skin). The grapefruit functions mainly as a "brightener," to keep the scent from getting too sweet--it isn't as rich as Pure Vanilla. However, this also makes the scent less distinctive than Pure Vanilla, so I like it less.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my new favorite scent. it surprises me that i love it so much as it smells a bit young- (not that i'm old, but i think this could be worn by a high school girl and smell fine, i am over 40) anyway - it is fresh, clean and warm - like your flannel pj's right out of the dryer. It lasts all day, which is great, the grapefruit is only obvious at the start, it dries down to a warm, almost sweet but not overly sugary smell. it is not offensive for the office, it wears close which i like. the body butter is amazing too, i'll write a separate review for that. I have this in both the spray and the roll on, which i like, as i like to use the roll on when i travel. the bottle is pretty, but nothing amazing or special, very basic. this is not a complex scent like my jo malone scents, this is simple, yet very pretty. i love the way it makes me feel.

Popular Fragrances