Lavanila vanilla grapefruit

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Lavanila vanilla grapefruit
LaVanila Vanilla Grapefruit (full-size)

3.8

on 4/17/2014 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I received a small sample of this and was instantly hooked. I have since purchased the rollerball, the perfume spray and the body butter. I love the rollerball because its so portable. And the scent !!! It's the perfect combination of tangy and sweet. It just makes me happy to wear it. Will definitely repurchase.

on 5/5/2012 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

What a unique scent! It literally is vanilla mixed with grapefruit, so it's both sweet and tart. I liked it instantly the moment my cousin bought me a rollerball version of the EDP. It's quite a strong perfume at first so you only need a little bit of it at a time, but the staying power only seems to be about average (6 hrs, maybe). I'd describe this as a fairly warm scent, mainly because of the vanilla. It can sometime be overwhelming on a humid or sticky day, so I tend to wear this on cool, breezy days or during winters when I need a pick-me-up.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this at Sephora the other day because they were offering atomizers filled with any perfume for $10. I quite literally smelled every perfume in the store, and this was the only one I fell in love with.

I don't wear perfumes very often (and therefore don't know anything at all about the different layers and notes); I mostly don't wear perfume because I feel most are too astringent-y smelling and harsh, and they don't smell natural. However, vanilla grapefruit was not like that at all. It smells warm and all the notes blend well together. The vanilla isn't overpowering at all (which I sometimes find in other vanilla-scented things, like it smells *too* vanilla-y and too sicky-sweet). This is just perfect, and the cedarwood is subtle and is the perfect touch (honestly one of my favorite scents).

The staying power is also good. I spritz some on at the beginning of the workday and find that by the time I get home for the night, I'm still smelling good.

When I run out of the atomizer, I will definitely purchase the full bottle.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Such good reviews, and I have no idea why. To me, it smells like cheap men's cologne with a splash of sickly cupcake. I wanted to like this so badly, but was positively revolted by how it actually smelled.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

The scent is very subtle and sweet which is the perfect compliment to the body butter if you are into layering.

Popular Fragrances